6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

On 2/19/2019 at 9:06 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

The regional games will be at Bradley after first round.   I have seen all of the teams in both regions play.   Bradley definitely has the toughest bracket.  Cookeville has given stone all they wanted all 3 games they have played especially last night.  White county isn’t playing well but they have some ballers.  I expect WC to make a game of it.  But Bradley’s pressure could force WC into too many turnovers and blow them out.  Cookeville has beaten Cleveland twice this year.  I think we are playing well enough to make it 3 in a row.  Similar size teams but Cookeville has a deeper bench.   I believe it will be Cookeville vs Bradley in next round.

On other side of bracket.  Stone should handle Mcminn with their size advantage.  I don’t see how this is too close.  Stone is playing great and just too big.   East Hamilton vs Rhea puzzles me.  How did Rhea win that game earlier this year?  I think Hayes scores 30 and Hampton scores 30.  If Rhea shoots the 3 like they did last night this will be a game. Ultimately,  I think 14 is just too good for a team as small as Rhea.  EH should win.    Stone vs EH will be a battle of the bigs.   Should be a close game.

Brackets here

http://brackets.jim314.com/

I think I read that EH had a few starters out when they lost to Rhea and Cleveland.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Wont be local refs though,  right?

No. Refs get assigned one game during tournament so the refs for Friday's, Monday's and wednesday game will all different and probably from Knoxville area. Our refs will likely be heading to Knoxville. Tssaa assigns them to a certain game. They don't know till couple days before where they will go

On 2/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, blitzinbuc said:

Beating Bradley at Bradley is going to take a tremendous effort.  They're a good (not great) team anyway, but they average about 10 more free-throw attempts at home versus their opponents.
I think Bradley, Cookeville, Stone, and East Hamilton survives to the quarterfinals - with the only chance of it being different is Rhea beating East Hamilton.  

Eh would be Bradley's toughest opponent. Beating somebody 4 times in a season is hard to do. Them and stone are the only ones th st have played Bradley close all year. Bradley only won district title  by 7 points. But stone has the size to compete. And beating Bradley up there should help Bradley especially  with it being at Bradley. Regardless it will be a great region tournament. Wc won't be a pushover. But wc giving up 80 points to rhea goes to show that th e have no defense which would hurt them. U gotta beat Bradley with defense

4 hours ago, Barkingdawg said:

Here are my predictions... 

Bradley by 20 or more over white county

Stone by 10 or more over McMinn 

East Ham over Rhea in a close one 

Cleveland pulls upset over cookeville 

Yep Cookeville doesn’t have a chance at home.  :shock: :roll: 

All the 6AAA teams are in trouble including Stone at home.  We just don’t know how to play basketball in this area. Maybe next year we will be better.  

17 hours ago, Barkingdawg said:

Here are my predictions... 

Bradley by 20 or more over white county

Stone by 10 or more over McMinn 

East Ham over Rhea in a close one 

Cleveland pulls upset over cookeville 

agreed, several people in this thread think that 3 teams from 6aaa will advance. I think McMinn and stonbe will be close and eh blows out rhea. Bradley and stone in region title game