6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

1 hour ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

The twins couldn’t a couple of years ago.  Yes, I’m sure they have improved as have Hurst and Crouch.  What 3 schools are you talking about?  Other than Savage and the kid from Jackson county CHS varsity is all old Avery Trace players. 

You obviously haven't watched us play this year.   We play 6+ guards not 2.    And this isn't middle school.  Anyway lets move this to a Cookeville/Upperman topic and get this one back on 6AAA.   Hopefully we can play next year but I HIGHLY doubt Upperman is interested in this matchup. 

29 minutes ago, Alumn89 said:

I was also surprised.  But, Rhea just played Stone Memorial to one point Friday... so that must not be all that bad.   A dad on the team told me that Rhea's best player made 19 free throws against us.  That'll hurt anybody's chances. 

Upperman won't schedule and never would schedule CHS in basketball.  Its a shame too, that could be a really fun rivalry, especially now that the two seem to be "competing" for the talent in cookeville feeder schools. 

Do you really think Cookeville is better than Upperman? The reason I ask is Rhea beat Cookeville, Rhea lost to McMinn County and Walker Valley. Meigs County beat McMinn and beat Walker Valley two times by 30, just wondering how good Upperman is this year.

3 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

You obviously haven't watched us play this year.   We play 6+ guards not 2.    And this isn't middle school.  Anyway lets move this to a Cookeville/Upperman topic and get this one back on 6AAA.   Hopefully we can play next year but I HIGHLY doubt Upperman is interested in this matchup. 

Actually I have watched CHS a few times this year.  Upperman doesn’t just have two guards either. Those are just the two I mentioned.  The ones I didn’t mention are extremely talented as well.  Agree to disagree.  I hope they play as well next year.  I don’t think Gillies would agree to it either.  

Just now, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Actually I have watched CHS a few times this year.  Upperman doesn’t just have two guards either. Those are just the two I mentioned.  The ones I didn’t mention are extremely talented as well.  Agree to disagree.  I hope they play as well next year.  I don’t think Gillies would agree to it either.  

Finally something we can agree on.  100% accurate on everything except last sentence!   :P   I never said that Upperman didn't have good players.  The two you mentioned are extremely talented.  And Torie can shoot the lights out when left open.   I never said a negative thing about them.  They have very good players.   I just think we have a better overall team THIS year and our post players would be the deciding factor.  Hopefully enough people will want that game to happen and it will happen next year so we don't have to talk hypothetically on coacht.  Good luck tonight!

Upperman will not agree to this game ever. It would kill the recruiting factor. Although kids had rather play smith, watertown and cannon rather than Sparta, Cookeville, and Stone Memorial on a nightly basis. Upperman can compete for a state with the kids they have, on the other hand Cookeville can't play within 25 of Riverdale. Mom and Dad tend to prefer the easy road to Murfreesboro and i promise it doesnt run through Cookeville. 

15 minutes ago, OldEagleEye said:

Upperman will not agree to this game ever. It would kill the recruiting factor. Although kids had rather play smith, watertown and cannon rather than Sparta, Cookeville, and Stone Memorial on a nightly basis. Upperman can compete for a state with the kids they have, on the other hand Cookeville can't play within 25 of Riverdale. Mom and Dad tend to prefer the easy road to Murfreesboro and i promise it doesnt run through Cookeville. 

Good post.   I think its sad that parents choose the easy route.   Its still possible to get to state at CHS with girls teams.  Albeit, alot harder! 

Who wins tonight?   I'll take Sparta (maybe a bit of an upset considering the guard out hurt) and Rhea co. 

3 minutes ago, Alumn89 said:

Good post.   I think its sad that parents choose the easy route.   Its still possible to get to state at CHS with girls teams.  Albeit, alot harder! 

Who wins tonight?   I'll take Sparta (maybe a bit of an upset considering the guard out hurt) and Rhea co. 

Yes, double AA basketball is a walk in the park, a definite easy route for sure.   Wow!!!

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

50 minutes ago, OldEagleEye said:

so your basically saying all the kids in Putnam County that play basketball that go to Monterey and Upperman are running from competition?  Goin to Cookeville is like playin Russian roulette, only can play 5 at a time, then looks like a football team bench. Monterey and Upperman dress like 9 kids.

37 minutes ago, OldEagleEye said:

Didn't say it was easy, i said it was easier then having to beat Bradley Central or Riverdale. Upperman beat Lincoln Co. 34-32 and Lincoln Co is 5th in our district lol. AA is good but Riverdale would have beat the last 2 Upperman teams by 30, if Coffman called off the dogs.

Lincoln Co 34-42??? When was this? 

1 hour ago, OldEagleEye said:

Easy road to Murfreesboro was exactly what you said!