6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

12 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Good to hear. If Stone can beat Bradley a couple of other schools in 6AAA can too.

This district is very confusing, May be decided by a coin flip! I picked Stone but I think Sparta can pull it out and Cookeville loss to Rhea will be huge at the end of reg season.

Edited by repoman

7 hours ago, repoman said:

This district is very confusing, May be decided by a coin flip! I picked Stone but I think Sparta can pull it out and Cookeville loss to Rhea will be huge at the end of reg season.

I don’t think it is confusing.  Its just very close teams at the top.   I don’t know what the tie breakers are but I think it is usually head to head and then overall record.   White County is definitely a better matchup for us.    The size of Stone will be a challenge but we should be able to neutralize that size with fast play.   IF we win at Stone on Tuesday,  I think we can win the district outright.  I have said it before, I think it will come down to who can win on the road.   Either way it won’t take long to find out.  We have @Stone, Rhea, and @White County in the next 3 games.  

12 hours ago, repoman said:

Yep. As of right now the Cookeville loss at Rhea helps Stone and White County. We have several games to go though. 

6 hours ago, summit said:

Stone beats Bradley . For the first time in years there is a path to the state . Bradley and Riverdale are good , but beatable . If White Co could take care of the ball better , they would be hard to beat . Most of their turnovers are unforced . 

While there may be a path for someone out of 6AAA to state tourney, it is still an incredibly hard road.  They would have to win @Bradley Central (Regional is at BC so its a home game for them) and then beat Blackman @ home  (or whoever is 2nd in that region).  The other way is they could lose to BC in Region and then win @Riverdale to make it to the big show. 

That's all they would have to do... :roll::shock::o 

That being said Cookeville did beat Blackman the weekend before first regular season game.   So if you can get a home game vs #2 in that Region you may have a shot.  I honestly hope that one of the teams in our district does make it.  There is too much talent in this district to not be represented in Murfreesboro.