6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

Cookeville is going to be the surprise of this district IMO. I think they shock people and win the district. Stone second, White, Rhea and Warren. I honestly don't know that Warren can beat anyone in this district this year, even with a senior laden group that has played a bunch. Stone is going to have the most overall talent probably, but the speed at which they have to play due to their size will be a tough thing to overcome if Cookeville or White can ever get the lead on them. Rhea will be competitive most always too as they showed recently witht heir win over EH. 

On 11/29/2018 at 11:37 AM, Spanky13 said:

Stone has played quality teams (Riverdale, Bradley Central, etc), potential regional and sub state opponents-they now know what they're dealing with  come tournament time. Buck knows what he's doing .Big surprise was Rhea Co beating East Hamilton-big win for Gill!! 

Word on the street is Coach Buck is playing his daughter to much.  This came from a Stone Memorial parent. I really have no idea if this is true or not.  

White Co goes to 8 and 0 with win over winless Tulahoma . Cup cakes til Clay Co in Sonic  tournament . Stone has played decent teams , but have lost pretty bad . Bradley Co good team , not great team like last year . Riverdale beat them 30 , so what did they learn . Cookeville may be the sleeper . Only loss to Lebanon who played Riverdale to three point game on the road . Time will tell . 

Anyone who knows this district knows that there is one game that is circled on the schedule every year.   White County vs Cookeville is the game you need to come see.  The students from each school hate each other and that is the biggest game on the schedule.  Both teams are really good this year and it will be a battle.   Not for the faint of heart or small children, but this year it will be an amazing game that will be worth the price of admission.   It looks like we may have 3 chances at each other if they meet in the Sparta Christmas tournament.  And I can assure you that  Cookeville wants to do nothing more than win White County's own tournament and set a tone for the season.   

3 hours ago, summit said:

White Co goes to 8 and 0 with win over winless Tulahoma . Cup cakes til Clay Co in Sonic  tournament . Stone has played decent teams , but have lost pretty bad . Bradley Co good team , not great team like last year . Riverdale beat them 30 , so what did they learn . Cookeville may be the sleeper . Only loss to Lebanon who played Riverdale to three point game on the road . Time will tell . 

Agreed. We haven't beaten a really good team yet this season.

Congrats to White County sophomore Gracie Dodgen on her MTSU commitment.

https://amp-dnj-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.dnj.com/amp/2244962002?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHCAFYAYABAQ%3D%3D#aoh=15444741844456&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dnj.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Fmtsu%2F2018%2F12%2F07%2Fgracie-dodgen-mtsu-basketball-middle-tennessee-lady-raiders-rick-insell-matt-insell%2F2244962002%2F

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, Theloveofsports said:

From what I've seen the talent is there. The big post hasn't done anything this yr I guess the D1 committ is laying back and the other forward is the rains girl who is carrying the team . Think they are tired of the same old plays .

Daddy post! Rains is having a good year so far, but we don't need parents talking bad about other players. Every comment out of your mouth is talking bad about our D1 commit post player. She is a kid. She's 6'3" she got an offer for her size and potential. That is just the way it is. We can't hate on her because of that. Typical Warren Co parent. 

I think it’s really just his observation of the LPs and the fact that loaded with experience and a D1 Big, seems that Maybe they should be playing better ball.    While that coach there has been running the same offense for like 100 years, She has little or no understanding of DEFENSE.   I’d submit every game she’s ever coached in on tape as evidence.   She understands fundamentals but any growth a player experiences in that program comes from themselves in the off season.   She’ll never be better than a mediocre head coach.