6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

The way Bradley handled white county second half I don t think Cookeville stands a chance. Nobody can match up with walker and Bradley has a deep bench. They don't rebuild they reload. I th ink stone memorial has better ch ance to beat the, than the region 4 runner  up. Th ey know how Bradley is, other teams don't. White county got surprised and big headed when they had halftime lead. Only reason it was close was because of their 3 point shooting. They had  29 turnovers. But stone and Bradley have had the toughest s ch edules in aaa. I wonder of stone will get an invite to play out in Phoenix next year 

Edited by Bearettesalltheway

19 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Finally some common sense in here!  +1. They played a decent AA schedule but was barely over .500 against AAA teams. How can you have the 3rd ranked AAA schedule like that?  Anyway all good points you made.   Including Cookeville vs Bradley because the pressure will decide the game.  I am not sure if we can handle pressure either.  But I think we will make a game out of it and if it is close going into 4th we could pull an upset.  

Scheduling is not easy, especially for the Upper Cumberland AAA schools. Hard to get Nashville ,Knoxville schools to venture this far when they have easier scheduling close by. Only thing you could do is do better research and get in tougher Christmas tournaments ,now that can be done. Scheduling is hard especially home and away agreements for rural Sparta and even Cookeville. 

8 hours ago, repoman said:

Scheduling is not easy, especially for the Upper Cumberland AAA schools. Hard to get Nashville ,Knoxville schools to venture this far when they have easier scheduling close by. Only thing you could do is do better research and get in tougher Christmas tournaments ,now that can be done. Scheduling is hard especially home and away agreements for rural Sparta and even Cookeville. 

Plus, in most cases, both the girls and boys coaches have to agree on opponents. What is an easy win for girls, could be a sure loss for boys and vice versa

Cookeville didn t look that impressive to me, savage is a pretty good player but other than that I didn't see a reason they could keep pace with great teams like Bradley. Stone ,memorial on th e other hand, great team. I can see them upsetting Bradley or at least making it close and worth watching. I hope whoever loses upsets the region 4 team, probably Riverdale, and goes to state. Stone had great fan support at smiddy last night. Hope same thing happens tomorrow night. If they can keep up with Bradley's deep bench and athleticism, they have a chance. Home court advantage should be the difference but ill predict Bradley wins 58-50 with clutch free throws at the end to earn sectional birth against either Blackman or oakland

And just so White County people will know - the Stone Memorial (& remaining Cookeville) fans at Smiddy Arena applauded when they announced that White County boys had beaten Bradley last night. 

Way to stick together - probably the first time they clapped for White County since this time last year :-) :-) :-) .

Edited by FootballFan51
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 5:34 AM, Bearettesalltheway said:

Cookeville didn t look that impressive to me, savage is a pretty good player but other than that I didn't see a reason they could keep pace with great teams like Bradley. Stone ,memorial on th e other hand, great team. I can see them upsetting Bradley or at least making it close and worth watching. I hope whoever loses upsets the region 4 team, probably Riverdale, and goes to state. Stone had great fan support at smiddy last night. Hope same thing happens tomorrow night. If they can keep up with Bradley's deep bench and athleticism, they have a chance. Home court advantage should be the difference but ill predict Bradley wins 58-50 with clutch free throws at the end to earn sectional birth against either Blackman or oakland

Not too far off on the score but they did hit the clutch free throws at the end lol