6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

21 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Bray still can’t win a game in the region tournament. He’s got some really good asst coaches on his staff maybe it’s time he stepped down and let one of them take over. His teams have never gotten to the state tournament that I can remember. May have made one or two substate appearances. 

I don't recall Cookeville ever making the state.

6 hours ago, 85warrior said:

I don't recall Cookeville ever making the state.

Why is that?  Cookeville has one of the largest high schools in Tennessee and I know they have had some great athletes over the years. So can someone tell me why they’ve never been to the state tournament?  At least in the modern era of basketball that is. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Why is that?  Cookeville has one of the largest high schools in Tennessee and I know they have had some great athletes over the years. So can someone tell me why they’ve never been to the state tournament?  At least in the modern era of basketball that is. 

Good question.

I actually thought they had a good chance in the late 80's with Ronnie Robinson and company, but they couldn't get past Riverdale.

Edited by 85warrior

9 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Bray still can’t win a game in the region tournament. He’s got some really good asst coaches on his staff maybe it’s time he stepped down and let one of them take over. His teams have never gotten to the state tournament that I can remember. May have made one or two substate appearances. 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:53 PM, summit said:

White Co  needs to keep their defense on a high level to beat Bradley . Saw Bradley play . They are big and long . Home crowd needs to be 6th man . Hope for a huge crowd monday night . 

Yeah Bradley could be legit next couple years, they're very young. Only have 1 senior that starts. Quantae berry only a freshman and he's 6'3. It'll be hard to stop him next 3 years. Tn ey are pretty quick off the bench too

Coach Bray is a great Coach.  You have to consider that you play in a region filled with great basketball teams...Bradley, Cleveland, McMinn, Ooltewah, East Hamilton, and White County.  If you are fortunate enough to get to the region championship then you get to go through Blackman, Riverdale, Siegel, or Oakland, all traditionally strong teams.

4 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Interesting that the only game in doubt is the one that hasn’t been played yet... 

It’s too bad for the winner that they will have to face Cleveland on their floor tomorrow. Not sure it would have mattered,  but it won’t help...

Dustin Bunton will be making his Cleveland debut also.

12 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

Coach Bray is a great Coach.  You have to consider that you play in a region filled with great basketball teams...Bradley, Cleveland, McMinn, Ooltewah, East Hamilton, and White County.  If you are fortunate enough to get to the region championship then you get to go through Blackman, Riverdale, Siegel, or Oakland, all traditionally strong teams.

Say what you want but 20 years at Cookeville high school at some point you need to get your team out of the region with a high school the size of Cookeville. White county has made it and won it twice. Cookeville is twice the size of Whité County. Almost if not all of the Upper Cumberland teams, both boys and girls have made it to the substate and most of those on to the state tournament in the last 20 years except Cookeville's. What am I missing?  What constitutes a good coach in your eyes?