District 11AA

Fan15

Gonna get this ball rollin and give my opinion.

1 Stewart County has good size and will be deep again this year. i only saw them play a couple of times last year but I was impressed by them.

2 Creekwood is always in the top two in this district, I expect them to be the second best because of what Stewart County has coming back.

3 Camden has improved so much over the last couple of seasons. I am excited about the prospect of this years group.

4 East Hickman has been in the mix the last few years, and I think they will be in the upper half of the district. They lost some important pieces but should still be near the top.

5 Fairview is an improved group, and should be better than last year. i have little knowledge here, but have been told they should be improved and have some youth that can contribute.

6 Hickman County has a chance to be the most improved with a good group of young players mixed with some experience. i expect this to be a beginning of a rise for this team.

7 Lewis County dropped hard last year and had players leave the team. I saw them play twice last year and they seemed to get worse.

8 Waverly has not shown any reason to believe they will be any different than they have been.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hall of Champions Week (Week 0) Matchups for 11AA

Camden (0-0, 0-0) v. 14AA Decatur Co.-Riverside (Thu), @ 13AA Milan (Sat)

CreekWood (0-0, 0-0) @ 9AA Sycamore (Tue), @ 9AA Cheatham County (Fri)

East Hickman (0-0, 0-0) v. 12AAA Hunters Lane (Thu), v. 9A McEwen (Fri)

Fairview (0-0, 0-0) @ 10A Santa Fe (Tue), @ 11AAA Independence (Thu) 

Hickman County (0-0, 0-0) @ 12AA Forrest (Tue), @ 9A Houston County (Fri)

Lewis County (0-0, 0-0) @ 10A Hampshire (Tue), v. 12A Summertown (Fri)

Stewart County (0-0, 0-0) v. 10AAA Henry County (Tue), @ 11A McKenzie (Fri)

Waverly (0-0, 0-0) No Games

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 11:44 AM, 11AAFan said:

1 Stewart County has good size and will be deep again this year. i only saw them play a couple of times last year but I was impressed by them.

2 Creekwood is always in the top two in this district, I expect them to be the second best because of what Stewart County has coming back.

3 Camden has improved so much over the last couple of seasons. I am excited about the prospect of this years group.

4 East Hickman has been in the mix the last few years, and I think they will be in the upper half of the district. They lost some important pieces but should still be near the top.

5 Fairview is an improved group, and should be better than last year. i have little knowledge here, but have been told they should be improved and have some youth that can contribute.

6 Hickman County has a chance to be the most improved with a good group of young players mixed with some experience. i expect this to be a beginning of a rise for this team.

7 Lewis County dropped hard last year and had players leave the team. I saw them play twice last year and they seemed to get worse.

8 Waverly has not shown any reason to believe they will be any different than they have been.

Hard to argue with 1 and 2 to be honest. I feel like both Stewart County and CreekWood should be in the mix for the top spot in 11AA. I also think Waverly will struggle to be competitive again, but I see 3-7 being different than you have it. I dont think there is much difference in Camden, East Hickman, Lewis County, and Fairview, as last year only 2 games separated #3 from #7. Hickman may be a year away, but I agree they have a good group of young girls and more coming. I think you will see more than you are expecting from Lewis County girls, adjusting to new coach and new schemes early, but players returned and there is some depth with young girls that played several minutes last year.

Edited by TheStuff
  • Like 1

I watched Stewart Co and Cheatham Co in a scrimmage game Tuesday night.  Stewart Co is going to have to work hard getting a press break together or they will struggle.  Transition was a problem for them, too.  After the 1st qtr, it was 27-8, Cheatham.  I don't know if all of their players were there, which could be an issue, but the front guards decision making was iffy at times and ball handling was a problem.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BearcatDad said:

I watched Stewart Co and Cheatham Co in a scrimmage game Tuesday night.  Stewart Co is going to have to work hard getting a press break together or they will struggle.  Transition was a problem for them, too.  After the 1st qtr, it was 27-8, Cheatham.  I don't know if all of their players were there, which could be an issue, but the front guards decision making was iffy at times and ball handling was a problem.

Stewart Co was really good last year and I thought they had a lot returning this year. They were a physical group.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:44 AM, 11AAFan said:

I just watched Camden scrimmage Scotts Hill. SH obliterated them and they will probably finish bottom tier of their district. If Camden finishes 3rd in theirs that just speaks to how weak this district is. 

44 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

I just watched Camden scrimmage Scotts Hill. SH obliterated them and they will probably finish bottom tier of their district. If Camden finishes 3rd in theirs that just speaks to how weak this district is. 

i am hoping that the scrimmage was not a sign, i am waiting for this group to turn around and start winning. i do think that the bottom part of the district will be weak.

• 4 weeks later...

Week 3 Matchups for 11AA

Camden (2-3, 0-0) v. East Hickman (Tue), v. Fairview (Fri)

CreekWood (2-1, 0-0) @ 10AA East Nashville (Mon), v. Stewart Co. (Tue), @ Hickman Co. (Fri)

East Hickman (3-2, 0-0) @ Camden (Tue), v. Stewart Co. (Fri)

Fairview (2-3, 0-0) @ Lewis Co. (Tue), @ Camden (Fri) 

Hickman County (4-2, 0-0) v. Waverly (Tue), v. CreekWood (Fri)

Lewis County (3-2, 0-0) v. Fairview (Tue), @ Waverly (Fri)

Stewart County (2-3, 0-0) @ CreekWood (Tue), @ East Hickman (Fri)

Waverly (0-0, 0-0) @ Hickman Co., @ Scotts Hill (Thu), v. Lewis Co. (Fri)

Edited by TheStuff