Clarksville/Montgomery County

GatorBodine3

4 minutes ago, ocac said:

I will say this.  I saw West Creek on film.  Some of the kids and speed I saw on film were ridiculous.  

West Creek had good talent this year, but last year they looked great but could only win 5 games. I would say Kenwood might have close to the best talent in town and will only win 4 games this year. I watched Northwest this year and they had good talent but can only win 2 games. I think almost every year all Clarksville teams have good talent but only a few have good coaches. Heck even the academy had good talent this year and will only win 5 games. But like every year the teams with the most wins like CHS,NE,MCHS,RHS have better coaching not always better talent. 

45 minutes ago, GatorBodine3 said:

West Creek had good talent this year, but last year they looked great but could only win 5 games. I would say Kenwood might have close to the best talent in town and will only win 4 games this year. I watched Northwest this year and they had good talent but can only win 2 games. I think almost every year all Clarksville teams have good talent but only a few have good coaches. Heck even the academy had good talent this year and will only win 5 games. But like every year the teams with the most wins like CHS,NE,MCHS,RHS have better coaching not always better talent. 

Talent doesn't mean much without a Line.  You can have all the talent in the world and not win many games because you don't have a line that can create holes and block for them.  Just because you have skill talent doesn't go to being a great team.  Some of the better coaches may not win many games because they don't necessarily have the DL/OL to help their team. 

What CHS will lose from graduation is really pretty normal.

CHS will only lose one lineman next year, on what was a very good line. Plus they have more size and strength coming up. With their line they will be just as good next year.

They will be improved at the Running back position next year, and will be good at Wide receiver. Quarter Back will be the big question, but there are several players competing to be the next man up.

Edited by Pilgrim

10 hours ago, UTInsider said:

Talent doesn't mean much without a Line.  You can have all the talent in the world and not win many games because you don't have a line that can create holes and block for them.  Just because you have skill talent doesn't go to being a great team.  Some of the better coaches may not win many games because they don't necessarily have the DL/OL to help their team. 

True but when I said talent, I meant not just skill guys but lineman to. I know some Clarksville schools don’t always have big huge lines like HC most years, but if your a good enough coach you’ll scheme up something that will get 5 or 6 wins if your having a down year. 

On 10/27/2018 at 12:31 AM, GatorBodine3 said:

True but when I said talent, I meant not just skill guys but lineman to. I know some Clarksville schools don’t always have big huge lines like HC most years, but if your a good enough coach you’ll scheme up something that will get 5 or 6 wins if your having a down year. 

True against teams that have about same talent on the line as your team.  The three teams in Clarksville: RHS, CHS, and NEHS usually have the best lines and records. NW, Kenwood, WCHS usually don't and have the worst records.

Edited by UTInsider

On 10/25/2018 at 2:03 PM, GatorBodine3 said:

Montgomery County power rankings

1.Northeast

2.Clarksville High

3.Montgomery Central 

4.Rossview 

5.Clarksville Academy

6.Kenwood  

7.Northwest 

8.West Creek 

what are your thoughts?

Do any Clarksville teams make it past the first or second round of the playoffs this year?

Predictions for next season?

How many coaching changes in the offseason? 

I would say Northwest,West Creek will probably have new coaches. Also I think our neighbor to the west Stewart County will have a new coach. 

I stayed in clarksville when I was younger and went to rossview middle but never heard of west creek in my life. What side of town is that school on?

On 10/28/2018 at 1:27 PM, UTInsider said:

True against teams that have about same talent on the line as your team.  The three teams in Clarksville: RHS, CHS, and NEHS usually have the best lines and records. NW, Kenwood, WCHS usually don't and have the worst records.

CHS and Northeast did have a good line this year, but RHS line did not seem to have to much size this year. But last year NW and WC had big kids on the line but they did not seem to have much technique.

I would be surprised if NW and WC did not make a coaching change, but you never know in Montgomery county.    

On 10/25/2018 at 3:03 PM, GatorBodine3 said:

Montgomery County power rankings

1.Northeast

2.Clarksville High

3.Montgomery Central 

4.Rossview 

5.Clarksville Academy

6.Kenwood  

7.Northwest 

8.West Creek 

what are your thoughts?

Do any Clarksville teams make it past the first or second round of the playoffs this year?

Predictions for next season?

How many coaching changes in the offseason? 

I would say Northwest,West Creek will probably have new coaches. Also I think our neighbor to the west Stewart County will have a new coach. 

What about the Falcons?

fortCampbell_mascot_722171.png

They play in Montgomery County.