Three classes in Division II

QSouth89

Forgive me for not keeping up with Division II and if I'm bringing up something that's been discussed already please bare with me, but why is there three classes in D-II? One class has 12 teams and another class has 15. Why not put all the teams together in DII and just have 8 regions. Football would still have the top 4 teams making the playoffs. In basketball you could still have one class with 8 regions. Have a region tournament where the top four teams qualify for a sectional. The sectional would have 4 quads with 8 teams each (first round games would be played at the higher seeds gym; semifinal at one location). 8 teams would make the sub-state and the final 4 make state. Your region break down would be 1 in Knoxville, 2 in Chattanooga, 3 in Nashville (since they have the most private schools) and 2 in Memphis.  I guess not, that would probably make too much sense.

48 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

Forgive me for not keeping up with Division II and if I'm bringing up something that's been discussed already please bare with me, but why is there three classes in D-II? One class has 12 teams and another class has 15. Why not put all the teams together in DII and just have 8 regions. Football would still have the top 4 teams making the playoffs. In basketball you could still have one class with 8 regions. Have a region tournament where the top four teams qualify for a sectional. The sectional would have 4 quads with 8 teams each (first round games would be played at the higher seeds gym; semifinal at one location). 8 teams would make the sub-state and the final 4 make state. Your region break down would be 1 in Knoxville, 2 in Chattanooga, 3 in Nashville (since they have the most private schools) and 2 in Memphis.  I guess not, that would probably make too much sense.

now that the states only viable private institution Catholic Norths extended run in the PUB system is comin to a quick end...dont be comin in here tryin to alter this mess just cause that big boy playin field looks bad next year....it aint so bad......since that childress feller and his buncha cerebral wizzard cronies kick us away from them whinin PUBS.......we Irish have adapted and doin ok with it......suk it up butter cup...its game time

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

now that the states only viable private institution Catholic Norths extended run in the PUB system is comin to a quick end...dont be comin in here tryin to alter this mess just cause that big boy playin field looks bad next year....it aint so bad......since that childress feller and his buncha cerebral wizzard cronies kick us away from them whinin PUBS.......we Irish have adapted and doin ok with it......suk it up butter cup...its game time

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Hard to argue that logic  Booger, but you have to admit 3 classes is ridiculous. Come on man a 12 team class makes no sense. At least make 2 classes.

The difference between privates is huge! A BA is way different than a Silverdale despite having similar numbers. If you know anything about private ball you can’t just lump them all together. The differences are huge in philosophy and recruiting. Much more different than public’s. Some programs would be run straight into the ground if they were asked to play against the best teams in the state every week. 

50 minutes ago, chainsaw2 said:

LA and also Sparty's school

u nailed that rite babycakes.....

...can you believe what it would b like if Lowery, Meske (Who  on the T$$AA BoC and a HC at Webb.....Major conflict of interest) had not met up at the Pink Pony Pub Happy Hour down in Gulf Shores after that condo meetin a couple years ago and the cutoff number had stayed at 450 like it is in all other sports......interestin how that Football number got up to 530 and only the 3 schools that fell between the that 450 and 530 cutoff are the 2 private schools that have a Head Maste/AD and a HC on the T$$AA BoC.....the 3rd bein another Master Head (buddy) from CCS who is over the 450 number; petitioned after the fact and the BoC allowed them to play down when they have official documented numbers over the cutoff.....

.....Booger nose the Red Neck Rivera all to well...... Happy Hour at the Pink Pony Pub is a deal cuttin place.....and that condo had to have been sumbodys from the Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly just off Hwy 41/Broad Street done on Charger Drive in St Elmo cause they r sposed to move up next year in every sport except football.....hows that happen....

.....tell yall another thing......better b for glad that BA and Ensworth (tho they wouldnt dominate no AA nomore) decided they need to play up so they could stay in the upity Nashville recruitin wars

Booger just sayin 1314678916_pony_badge.jpg?1467303461

Edited by Booger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

The difference between privates is huge! A BA is way different than a Silverdale despite having similar numbers. If you know anything about private ball you can’t just lump them all together. The differences are huge in philosophy and recruiting. Much more different than public’s. Some programs would be run straight into the ground if they were asked to play against the best teams in the state every week. 

ant no way Booger agrees with Sparty...but thats correct.....tho that TSSAA BOC member of yalls Haslam put in place has help manipulate things so your old place could stay big dog in the old D2 for a while

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Boog is correct and this is exactly why people who are not on the "inside" get upset and rightfully so. Very obvious who the beneficiaries were/are and it stinks to high heaven.  Those new buses with scrolling dates of past state championships blinking and sparkling must be an addictive and powerful thing.

• Like 1