Three classes in Division II

QSouth89

20 minutes ago, chainsaw2 said:

Yes Boog but how will the grand experiment work long term? Will the kids and especially the parents of those kids continue to support and attend the school if the kids are replaced by recruits in high school? You pay for little junior for 8-9 years and he is ready to hit the field, court, whatever but never sees any PT due to the new 6-10 forward or 4.3 RB-I think it will work for some but not all

tru dat Saw...tru dat

...to sum extent....they didnt steel castro away from that big all boys catholic school just for giggles....wouldnt be sprised if Luzziane ant all boys before its sayed and done

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

20 hours ago, Booger said:

tru dat Saw...tru dat

...to sum extent....they didnt steel castro away from that big all boys catholic school just for giggles....wouldnt be sprised if Luzziane ant all boys before its sayed and done

You guys are making some very good points!Interesting.

20 hours ago, Booger said:

tru dat Saw...tru dat

You guys are making some very good points!Interesting.

Lausanne will not be going all boys. That’s a stretch to put out there even for you Boog. I would guess that Lausanne has looked at the likes of Ensworth, BA, MUS, etc. Schools that have been successful in athletics while keeping their academic standard. Not sure why doing it in AA  makes it wrong while AAA means it’s ok. 

6 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Lausanne will not be going all boys. That’s a stretch to put out there even for you Boog. I would guess that Lausanne has looked at the likes of Ensworth, BA, MUS, etc. Schools that have been successful in athletics while keeping their academic standard. Not sure why doing it in AA  makes it wrong while AAA means it’s ok. 

doin it in AA is perfectly OK......Ensworth, BA and ND have done it......Wilson do no that Ensworth and BA r AA....right?

Booger just sayin UniformCheeryGazelle-size_restricted.gif

9 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Lausanne was all girls for most of its history.  Went coed about 15 years ago when Marc Gasol of Memphis Grizzlies and Johnny West son of Jerry West GM of Grizzlies made their first boys athletic team a power in BBall.  Football was added only recently (2012 ?)  Agree They NEVER would become all boys

On 10/27/2018 at 1:00 PM, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

I'd say you just hit on a huge issue that will keep some privates from getting to the elite competitive level. It will definitely test the character of many a parent and student in the years to come, especially at some of our newer, smaller private schools forced to compete with larger, more established institutions.

The real questions might be: Why does your institution exist? Why are parents looking at your school as a place to send their children? What are the overarching goals of the athletic programs? Do those goals ultimately assist the institution to achieve that mission statement?

The next 3-5 years will be interesting to see where schools decide to focus their efforts.

Interesting point.

9 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Nobody said it's wrong but I have said many times I don't like it- I have seen Luzi several times and over the last 3 years they have been loaded and I'm not just talking Juice Gray-now their current 2s and 3s while good are not at the same level as the last 3 years-if Luzi magically comes up with fantastic players next year and after then what I am describing will be happening to not only the kids who have been going there for years but possibly to the kids who just arrived a year or 2 ago

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, Spartan4Life said:

The difference between privates is huge! A BA is way different than a Silverdale despite having similar numbers. If you know anything about private ball you can’t just lump them all together. The differences are huge in philosophy and recruiting. Much more different than public’s. Some programs would be run straight into the ground if they were asked to play against the best teams in the state every week. 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, BreadTruck44 said:

Two divisions would be nice, but student population isn’t the best way to sort each school. AA should be unlimited financial aid to athletes. A should be regulated based on the financial aid budget for athletes based on a percentage of tuition cost of aided athletes across all schools regardless of the range of tuition. 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, FootballFan51 said:

Having one Class for D2 makes no sense. Would be too many Maryville vs Harriman type games, which would be no good for all involved. 

I could see it being 2 Classes, but in a perfect world it would be based on Athletic department budgets (scholarships, coaches pay, etc.). Some smaller schools have a $10 million athletics facility & some play football on a pasture with no bleachers behind a church... 

i think that is why they had to do 3 classes... it isn’t perfect, but there are Ginormous discrepancies between the older more established schools & the ones that are new & smaller. 

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! For all the grief the "whining publics" caught from the privates for  complaining about your advantages, the publics couldn't hold this discussion a light to see by. In three posts, y'all have covered philosophy, recruiting, student population, financial aid, tuition, number of classes, budgets, scholarships, facilities, and coaches pay! Somebody please mention having a multiplier and I just might laugh myself into a hernia.

Carry on...PLEASE!

• Like 2