MOORE CO @ HUNTINGDON ROUND 1 TSSAA PLAYOFFS

ZEBRA35

In recent years Huntingdon has underachieved late in the season for whatever reason. Maybe its the lack of competition throughout the regular season or lack of leadership along with negativity in the locker room. Its hard to tell how kids at that age will respond to adversity. Yes, the team that defeats us normally plays for a state championship but at some point that has to change especially with the tradition/success we've earn. Each year our goals are the same, win the region & represent the west for the title in Cookeville. Expectations for our program have always been high. Our small town community has a lot invested & the facilities are unmatched around this area. Hope to be watching the Mustangs on that first weekend of December!

Go Stangs! 

I figure the lack of competition in the last month will have resulted in some rust for the Mustangs. It'll probably be a slow start with something like 14-20 points scored in the 1st half. Then the Mustangs will open it up after halftime like they have done several times this year. 

I'm going with Huntingdon by a score of 48-14 in this one.

I would like to see them shake off the slow starts they've had to inferior opponents this year, though. I've said all season that will end up biting them in the playoffs. They're gonna have a tough time if they get into a game with Cornersville or Lake County and suddenly find themselves down 2-3 scores.

Hoping the Stangs come and hard and fast against Moore County. Last year was a disappointment, but the players and coaches know what is at stake. I think they will be extremely focused each week of the post season.