MOORE CO @ HUNTINGDON ROUND 1 TSSAA PLAYOFFS

ZEBRA35

11 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Oh we won’t be looking forward. Especially after 2 straight bye weeks. And imo you will be in Cookeville. Have a lot of athletes. Cornersville’s defense is stingy. But they’d have to improve a lot from last year to beat the Huntingdon team I’ve seen on film. Just hope the 4th round isn’t the championship game for us like it was last year. 

My pick is Greenback vs Huntingdon as well. Whitwell should give the Kees a pretty good game and will be the best team you have played, but they will have trouble with the Greenback passing attack. As for the west... Huntingdon and Cornersville winner advances. No one else has a shot this year. 

As for this game. I bet Moore County is sick of going to Huntingdon in round 1. They should shake up the brackets each year where you play a different region. It would be more interesting that way. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

Been searching for film of Huntingdon and Cornersville. Found a little bit. For Cornersville, I don’t remember seeing a #15 last year but Cameron Whittaker is not a bad player. Also #22 Eli Woodard is back from last year. Was “injured” during the state game last year. For Huntingdon, Hunter Ensley is a pretty athletic player as well. Also saw a #7 for Huntingdon I believe that had a little speed. Trying to look to see who has the edge vs one another. But can’t find one. Both run max protection offense with student body left and student body right. Cornersville is a wing T style offense. I’m starting to think whoever can hit the big play via pass, will win the game. Don’t see it being very high scoring. Probably in the 20s. No use in talking about the other games. They have no shot.

26 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Been searching for film of Huntingdon and Cornersville. Found a little bit. For Cornersville, I don’t remember seeing a #15 last year but Cameron Whittaker is not a bad player. Also #22 Eli Woodard is back from last year. Was “injured” during the state game last year. For Huntingdon, Hunter Ensley is a pretty athletic player as well. Also saw a #7 for Huntingdon I believe that had a little speed. Trying to look to see who has the edge vs one another. But can’t find one. Both run max protection offense with student body left and student body right. Cornersville is a wing T style offense. I’m starting to think whoever can hit the big play via pass, will win the game. Don’t see it being very high scoring. Probably in the 20s. No use in talking about the other games. They have no shot.

22 was hurt in the lc game tried playing the state game but couldn't do much had a fracture in his leg #15 and #2 are the other two RB #2 is more less a fb cornersville DBs are gritty and pretty fast the  LBs are very aggressive and the D line is not the biggest  but fast and hungry  

18 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I have a serious question for the mustang faithful. Since the mustang's have been in 1A they have played in one title game correct?. Didn't the stangs lose to Gordonsville?. Since that one title game has the Mustangs been past the quarter finals in 1A?. Not trying to start anything just an honest question. Huntingdon has and have had very good teams while in 1A. I know they won a title in 2A and played for another with a few semifinals appearances in 2A. Just trying to figure out the lack of title games and semifinal appearances in 1A. Is 1A stronger than 2A. Huntingdon is a very good program and has a great history. I am a west Tennessee football junkie and would have thought the Mustangs would have dominated 1A football. Please understand that I am not down playing the stangs history just wandering what has held the stangs back in 1A.

Imo around west tn at least. 1A is stronger than 2A and a lot of 3A. Huntingdon runs all over and mercy rules 2A and 3A schools a lot. If Huntingdon were 2A I believe they would’ve already went back to the title game a few times.

10 minutes ago, StangNation said:

Imo around west tn at least. 1A is stronger than 2A and a lot of 3A. Huntingdon runs all over and mercy rules 2A and 3A schools a lot. If Huntingdon were 2A I believe they would’ve already went back to the title game a few times.

It's very possible. Huntingdon always has strong teams. Looking forward to some good playoff football. Good luck along the way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

I have a feeling you will be surprised by more than just #7 and Ensley. (Who are both really good athletes) 

17 hours ago, Waker said:

I have a feeling you will be surprised by more than just #7 and Ensley. (Who are both really good athletes) 

I’m sure you have more than just those 2 (at least I hope so). So it wouldn’t come as a surprise. Those were just the only 2 I found film on. At the end of the day, no matter who has what, the team with the bragging rights will have earned them come Dec. 1