Forrest vs Waverly

Wavo2004

6 hours ago, Ace2 said:

Hmmmm think I disagree with you on the above statement!! 13 not the best runner & my understanding he was a drama queen   Forrest played tough football the first half the 2nd half they got out coached that’s all you can say!! 40 should not have been running the ball think he had negative yards all night! Waverly couldn’t stop 6 or 14 the first half  and what does Forrest do the 2nd half just the opposite  Forrest has a great QB and he is a very accurate passer lot of drop passes. Forrest has players playing out of position 22 should be on the line instead of tide end think he dropped 3.  Think Forrest has the players just got to get the coaching!!! 

What happened to #13?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, Trollin said:

Waverly had too many penalties tonight. 2 TD called back due to penalties. 2 lost fumbles. I understand it was raining but no excuse. Forrest fought hard. 

Waverly needs to clean up the stupid penalties. I think we had 7 false starts and several holds. 

Looking forward to next week. Been a long time coming. 

Too many penalties, fumbles, false starts - can you say coaching?????

2 hours ago, Salem said:

13 was the best WINGBACK out of the players used in that position. He turns upfield and runs hard. The other two run wide and lose ground too often. They weren't playoff ready. I see lots of drama queens make big plays in high school college, and NFL games every week.

#6 and #14 are the RB/TBs. For the game #6 had 11 carries and averaged 6 yards per carry. #14 had 4 carries and averaged 6.0 yards per carry with two TDs. These two should have been on the field on offense at the same time. They should have touched the ball 30 times last Friday.

The other two had 10 carries for 9 yards and dropped two passes.

#22 has made big catches all year. He did drop one pass where he turned upfield and dropped the football. He was also running open downfield again and the throw wasn't accurate. I had #35 dropping two other passes including a TD. Forrest's problem isn't talent.

i would have alternated #6 and #14 until they collapsed. Period. #6 is as talented an athlete as there is in R5. He does get chippy at times but I'll take it 100 out 100 times. He has heart. #14 would eat a brick with his bare hands if you asked him to. Toughest kid there is. Makes no sense to use anyone else on runs.   

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, ocac said:

What happened to #13?

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, Ace2 said:

Hmmmm think I disagree with you on the above statement!! 13 not the best runner & my understanding he was a drama queen  

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

That's a pretty rough thing to say about a high school kid. He competed in several sports and seemed to do all that was asked of him.  I don't condone quitting however but that's between him and the staff and the kid's family. 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, Salem said:

13 was the best WINGBACK out of the players used in that position. He turns upfield and runs hard. The other two run wide and lose ground too often. They weren't playoff ready. I see lots of drama queens make big plays in high school college, and NFL games every week.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, Salem said:

Our two wingbacks tonight will have negative yards. Our top wingback who is also our punter is no longer on the team as of the 2nd quarter of the last game. He is a difference maker and was greatly missed tonight. Anyone who as seen film will notice 13 isn’t playing.  

I may receive backlash and abuse by commenting on here, but I feel it necessary to clear the air on #13 and exactly what transpired.  He did not quit because he is a drama queen.  Anyone that knows him and has watched him play over the years knows that he is the exact opposite of a drama queen and is a very humble young man.  He is not arrogant and does not show boat.  He doesn’t play to the crowd for attention.  He believes in taking care of business on the field.  He believes in respecting your elders but also believes that respect is earned.  This was not a single incident decision, this has been building the entire year and was simply the last straw for him.  He was given an ultimatum and he made a choice.  He didn't throw a tantrum and yell, scream or cuss at the coach as others have done this year.  He handled it with dignity.  He never wanted to let his friends or team mates down.  It broke his heart to leave them.  They were the only reason he made it as long as he did this year.  The final straw that led to the ultimatum from the HC to "do as I say or turn in your helmet and get off my field" came from the lack of respect and support from his coach.  In no way did he think he was too good to do bear crawls and would have done so without question if he felt he had actually done something wrong (like we have seen from some others...kicking an opposing player, throwing a punch, a flagrant foul).  It was a horrible call and instead of the coach having his player's back and taking a stand for him, he wants to get in his face and punish him in the middle of the game.   It is my opinion only, but practice is the place to hand out punishment for penalties, not the middle of the game doing bear crawls.  If you want to punish during the game, then you sit them on the sideline, you take them out of the game.  At least Coach John's did go to battle for his players.  He got several penalties himself in the process, but at least his players knew he had their back and they respected that.  Again, my opinion, but NONE of the players should be doing bear crawls or belly flops (as someone called them in a previous post) during the middle of the game. 

This was definitely not the way he wanted his senior year and football career to end.  This team should have completely dominated the region this year.  This team had so much talent that was wasted.  Much better than the record reflects.  Heartbreaking and disappointing all the way around. 

So, with all that being said, if this is an inappropriate place to post this, sorry but before he gets trashed for being a drama queen, I want the truth to be told.   Everyone is entitled to their opinion but he is a good kid.  Salem and General, whoever you may be, I appreciate the nice things you have said about him in the past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momacoy said:

I may receive backlash and abuse by commenting on here, but I feel it necessary to clear the air on #13 and exactly what transpired.  He did not quit because he is a drama queen.  Anyone that knows him and has watched him play over the years knows that he is the exact opposite of a drama queen and is a very humble young man.  He is not arrogant and does not show boat.  He doesn’t play to the crowd for attention.  He believes in taking care of business on the field.  He believes in respecting your elders but also believes that respect is earned.  This was not a single incident decision, this has been building the entire year and was simply the last straw for him.  He was given an ultimatum and he made a choice.  He didn't throw a tantrum and yell, scream or cuss at the coach as others have done this year.  He handled it with dignity.  He never wanted to let his friends or team mates down.  It broke his heart to leave them.  They were the only reason he made it as long as he did this year.  The final straw that led to the ultimatum from the HC to "do as I say or turn in your helmet and get off my field" came from the lack of respect and support from his coach.  In no way did he think he was too good to do bear crawls and would have done so without question if he felt he had actually done something wrong (like we have seen from some others...kicking an opposing player, throwing a punch, a flagrant foul).  It was a horrible call and instead of the coach having his player's back and taking a stand for him, he wants to get in his face and punish him in the middle of the game.   It is my opinion only, but practice is the place to hand out punishment for penalties, not the middle of the game doing bear crawls.  If you want to punish during the game, then you sit them on the sideline, you take them out of the game.  At least Coach John's did go to battle for his players.  He got several penalties himself in the process, but at least his players knew he had their back and they respected that.  Again, my opinion, but NONE of the players should be doing bear crawls or belly flops (as someone called them in a previous post) during the middle of the game. 

This was definitely not the way he wanted his senior year and football career to end.  This team should have completely dominated the region this year.  This team had so much talent that was wasted.  Much better than the record reflects.  Heartbreaking and disappointing all the way around. 

So, with all that being said, if this is an inappropriate place to post this, sorry but before he gets trashed for being a drama queen, I want the truth to be told.   Everyone is entitled to their opinion but he is a good kid.  Salem and General, whoever you may be, I appreciate the nice things you have said about him in the past. 

Bear crawls during the game? Who does that? 

The play in question happens at the 1:55.00 mark in the game below if anyone wants to see an absurd personal foul called on an offensive player. I'll hold my comments on the program for another thread but the in-game punishment/ embarrassment did not decrease personal fouls and only caused more issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbwPdJ6dj5k&feature=youtu.be