Forrest vs Waverly

Wavo2004

4 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

For the most part I’d agree. Their are a few QB’s who can get rid of the ball quickly and burn a blitzing team, but not many. 

Good post. Lots of variables - the biggest is who is the QB.

Best way is to switch it up and have him not knowing if you're coming or not pre-snap. But that takes a lot of practice and coaching.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Forrest loses big here. Nothing to add really on the game. 

This season has been a huge disappointment. Even posters from other schools who would love to come on here and talk trash have been like "Dang how are y'all so bad?" with a funeral director's tact. 

This coach has been learning on the job. That was to be expected. He is also extremely stubborn. This has affected the kids, unfortunately. 

I could list all the issues, but they have been listed ad nauseum.  

We have some terrific kids who want to compete. Unfortunately, the staff has been incompetent, discombobulated, too slow to adjust to the obvious, and still in the dark as of this post on several issues. 

All they can do is hope to work hard this week, rest, travel smartly, and hit as hard as they can at the manure pit come Friday night. They aren't winning, and unfortunately, I don't think a single kid on that team thinks they will win. Nor do the coaches. This has been a "Beat your chest til you get hit in the mouth" type year with a lot of in fighting, shrugging, and just a baffling waste of good talent.

Were these kids gonna win a Gold Ball this year? I don't think anyone expected that. But since the 2nd half of the Eagleville game, the apathy scale has ranged between a 17 year old's view of Santa, and the excitement of a hungover college kid who still lives at home being told on a Sunday morning "It's time for church."

Waverly somewhere in the 49-27 range. 

I love your posts. You tell it like you see it and do it in an entertaining way. I will tell you I was shocked to see the state of the Rockets this year when H2O came to town. I know we have improved quite a bit this year, thanks in part to lessons taught to us by past Forrest teams. But our game was an eye opener. The play that stands out for me was when Forrest punted to #25 Price, he reversed it to #28 Maklary and he proceeded to deliver one of the most vicious truckings to an opposing player that I’ve seen in a while on his way to the end zone. I don’t see that happening to the teams from Chapel Hill over the past few years. BTW... if your interested in seeing the play I’m talking about.. https://www.hudl.com/v/2AUG3T

It’s the second play on the highlight reel  

Not my kid... just a really great player  

58 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

I love your posts. You tell it like you see it and do it in an entertaining way. I will tell you I was shocked to see the state of the Rockets this year when H2O came to town. I know we have improved quite a bit this year, thanks in part to lessons taught to us by past Forrest teams. But our game was an eye opener. The play that stands out for me was when Forrest punted to #25 Price, he reversed it to #28 Maklary and he proceeded to deliver one of the most vicious truckings to an opposing player that I’ve seen in a while on his way to the end zone. I don’t see that happening to the teams from Chapel Hill over the past few years. BTW... if your interested in seeing the play I’m talking about.. https://www.hudl.com/v/2AUG3T

That play happened literally right in front of me. I almost had a bowel movement it was such a hard hit. The Forrest kid is a tough hombre also.  Thanks for the compliments. Good luck against Bledsoe. 

Forrest never tried in that game. It's one thing to get beat. It's another to get tarred, feathered, slapped, painted with lipstick, hung on a hook on your bedroom door, pants-ed, then wedgie-ed, then pants-ed again, held underwater, forced to repeat "thank u sir may i have another" 500x, spanked, lassoed, and sand kicked in your face in about 14 min of game time, after which it was 49-7. This was in the 2nd quarter.  

Most embarrassing non competitive game I've ever seen a Forrest team, and this goes back 20 years. That was the final nail in the already warm (or should I say cold) coffin that this staff was clueless. Rockets were completely unmotivated against a Top 3 team that walked and talked it. They stomped a mudhole in Chapel Hill and walked it dry.       

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

um, what do you think. if he has a fitbit on it will reach 1,000 before he is touched by a Rocket. 

Jus asking haven't really watched yall.play this year tbh I figured y'all would win y'alls region  this year . We aren't the same Waverly team this year we  changed up r offense and I think r offense  is better this way. Looking like rain here the wed and Thursday.  If yall.cant sliw down 37 it's going to be a really long night but he isn't the only one to worry bout 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PurpleReign said:

That play is a microcosm of the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Our best tackler tackles the wrong guy (one of the few plays we tackled #25 all night) . Lots of defenders slow jogging downfield. Several JV players on the field. Bad pursuit angles. We gave up a special teams return TD in three straight games this season. I was standing on the fence at the 30 and the video doesn't give justice to that trucking. One of his teammates paused to check on him and forgot about #28 for a minute.