Beer-Den vizits 825 Lorrunce

STARSNBARS

22 hours ago, ClarkGriswild said:

Let's hear some predicted scores...

I'm thinking

BHS- 27

MHS- 24

The last four years my son played there, we shut them out.  If what I am reading about Bearden being a lot better this year, I'll go with MHS 35 - 7.

@ClarkGriswild Kodiak, huh?  You really live there? I'm from Southern AK.

Edited by MomTo81

1 hour ago, matchesmalone2 said:

PSA TO MARYVILLE FAITHFUL: Matches is back with a prediction. Maryville is a crumbling empire that is about to be toppled by a scrappy Bearden team. The old saying is don't pick a fight with somebody who has nothing to lose and Maryville has done just that. Derek Hunt won a state championship last year in his first year with GQ's culture and players. People fail to realize that GQ is gone and the good ole days are no more. Tonight will go down in history as the night that good triumphed evil. The chickens are coming home to roost, Maryville has long benefitted from an open zone and a tuition fee to recruit their behinds off and snuff out any other competition in the area to hurt other local high schools. Tonight the dynasty ends and Morgan Shinlever punches the Maryville Faithful's ticket to basketball season. Bearden 24 - Maryville 21. I'll hang up and listen.

Have been impressed with what the Shinlever and company have been able to do at Bearden, they have really turned things around.  I think this game will be more competitive than most think it will be, but I just can't see a scenario that Bearden will win the game.  Maryville 31  Bearden 14

People fail to realize that GQ is gone and the good ole days are no more. Tonight will go down in history as the night that good triumphed evil. The chickens are coming home to roost, Maryville has long benefitted from an open zone and a tuition fee to recruit their behinds off and snuff out any other competition in the area to hurt other local high schools. Tonight the dynasty ends and Morgan Shinlever punches the Maryville Faithful's ticket to basketball season. Bearden 24 - Maryville 21. I'll hang up and listen.

:roflol:

10 minutes ago, MomTo81 said:

The last four years my son played there, we shut them out.  If what I am reading about Bearden being a lot better this year, I'll go with MHS 35 - 7.

@ClarkGriswild Kodiak, huh?  You really live there? I'm from Southern AK.

Momto81, I put Kodiak because that's the closest "big city" to where I actually reside. I'm actually from more of the Port Lions area. Moved here years ago from Sevierville. Whereabouts are your people from up this way?

PSA TO MARYVILLE FAITHFUL: Matches is back with a prediction. Maryville is a crumbling empire that is about to be toppled by a scrappy Bearden team. The old saying is don't pick a fight with somebody who has nothing to lose and Maryville has done just that. Derek Hunt won a state championship last year in his first year with GQ's culture and players. People fail to realize that GQ is gone and the good ole days are no more. Tonight will go down in history as the night that good triumphed evil. The chickens are coming home to roost, Maryville has long benefitted from an open zone and a tuition fee to recruit their behinds off and snuff out any other competition in the area to hurt other local high schools. Tonight the dynasty ends and Morgan Shinlever punches the Maryville Faithful's ticket to basketball season. Bearden 24 - Maryville 21. I'll hang up and listen.

I never liked DC Comics.

rw04g6.jpg

24zdpip.jpg

30 minutes ago, ClarkGriswild said:

Momto81, I put Kodiak because that's the closest "big city" to where I actually reside. I'm actually from more of the Port Lions area. Moved here years ago from Sevierville. Whereabouts are your people from up this way?

We're from Anchorage.  My son was born there. Was accused last year (his senior year) of GQ going all the way to AK to recruit him! :roflolk:  P.S.  We moved to Maryville when he was eight months old.

To the best of my knowledge Maryville played Bearden in a scrimmage this past spring and if memory serves me right it was either 6 or 7 touchdowns to nothing and Bearden didn't even cross the fifty yard line. I realize they could of had key players missing for other sports as did we. We also had a second team sophomore run for 200 yards and score 4 touchdowns in that scrimmage. It wasn't the Bearden team I saw during the season because I left there that evening wondering how they would even win one game they were so horrible. My thoughts are kids are kids and Maryville might be thinking about how easy they ran up and down the field that day would be the only reason it would be a tighter ballgame than most think it will be but I would still bet on Maryville winning 42-7 with a running clock in the second half.

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

My thoughts are kids are kids and Maryville might be thinking about how easy they ran up and down the field that day would be the only reason it would be a tighter ballgame than most think it will be...

I'd show them the video from Friday, Nov. 3, 2006 7:00 PM   

Maryville 30

Brainerd 26

• Like 1