Rhea Co @ OR

SweetScience

I’m looking forward to coming back to Blankenship and eating at Big Ed’s or Dean’s. My eagles have had a down year for sure. We have been plagued with injuries, but after what I seen this past Friday we are getting healthy. We played well against a solid Cane Ridge team. Cane Ridge wasn’t as good as last year’s team no but still a very good football team. We did make some changes on our bye week that seemed to work pretty well against Cane Ridge. The biggest key for Rhea coming into this game is not to turn over the ball. When we do it kills us and has cost us the ball game a few times. We also have to have better play in the second half. We have lost some games by not finishing. We have to play a full game if we are going to have any chance of winning. 

I’m cautiously optimistic for Rhea, I think both teams match up well on both sides of the ball, but I believe OR has the speed advantage with Graham, Booker, Romano, and Pendergrass. I do think Rhea has the better kicking game from what I have watched. 

I don’t expect for us to bring as big of a crowd as last time, but we should represent pretty well. That 2014 team and the run we went on was something very special. 

Its a house divided this week for me. Good luck Oak Ridge. GO EAGLES! 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 10:17 AM, bonkers said:

Huh? You'll have to explain this post. You lost me

Okay, when Booker was in the offense puttered around. When the new kid went in, all the sudden the offense started looking like a well oiled machine; a passing game AS WELL AS a running game vs. the 1 dimensional run option left, right, sweep right or sweep left.

Looks like the typical Rhea County team to me. This Rhea County team is good, big and physical. Power Wing T/ triple option could give us trouble.  3 of Rhea's 4 losses are to good football teams; Catholic, Bradley and Soddy ( who beat Catholic 17-7). Not sure how they lost to McMinn, must have been in Athens. Lol.  Cats better come to play!  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

Many things come to mind about this game.We all know the play calling/Offenses since Gaddis has come back is a problem(Love Gaddis but its true).But good or bad I think this game will come down to if Oak Ridge can run the ball.When Oak Ridge can run the ball good they win.Only other thing is can Oak Ridge stop the option.I cant remember a game vs any kind of option team where we didn't have trouble.One thing Fulton did vs us that I love to see is thumping your guy even if he don't have the ball.We need to hit the QB,RB every time.I think it will be a close game.Nothing like playoff football at the Ship.

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Many things come to mind about this game.We all know the play calling/Offenses since Gaddis has come back is a problem(Love Gaddis but its true).But good or bad I think this game will come down to if Oak Ridge can run the ball.When Oak Ridge can run the ball good they win.Only other thing is can Oak Ridge stop the option.I cant remember a game vs any kind of option team where we didn't have trouble.One thing Fulton did vs us that I love to see is thumping your guy even if he don't have the ball.We need to hit the QB,RB every time.I think it will be a close game.Nothing like playoff football at the Ship.

I’m guilty of this myself and we all know it’s true. Fans like us all complain about the same things :

1- Play calling

2- Not blitzing enough

3- Not passing enough 

That being said, I don’t love Gaddis because I don’t know him, and I disagree with lots of things every game (he’s the head coach and responsible for everything), but I’ll take a guy who has a 78.5% winning % the last six years, an 83.2% winning % his first time here, and a 81.6% winning % overall ! BUT Coach Gaddis, if you read this, get the da$& play in quicker, call better plays at the right time, put more pressure on the QB, and throw the ball every now and then, and put some money into some epinephrine!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bonkers said:

I’m guilty of this myself and we all know it’s true. Fans like us all complain about the same things :

1- Play calling

2- Not blitzing enough

3- Not passing enough 

That being said, I don’t love Gaddis because I don’t know him, and I disagree with lots of things every game (he’s the head coach and responsible for everything), but I’ll take a guy who has a 78.5% winning % the last six years, an 83.2% winning % his first time here, and a 81.6% winning % overall ! BUT Coach Gaddis, if you read this, get the da$& play in quicker, call better plays at the right time, put more pressure on the QB, and throw the ball every now and then, and put some money into some epinephrine!!!!!!!

...and how many state championships has this winning coach won? If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WildcatRealist said:

...and how many state championships has this winning coach won? If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got...

I watch line play almost to the point where I sometimes don't even know where the ball is (I know...I'm a bit weird). And while our offensive line is better than I thought it would be, OR will not win another state championship until they get a few more REAL linemen. They were totally outmanned up front by HVA DB, Farragut, West, Powell, and athletically by Fulton. And they will also be totally outmanned by Rhea County. So I don't care who the coach is...that's an ongoing problem. They play with a guard who can't be over 5'7" 190, another guard who looks to be 5'10" 190 (I don't care what the program says) and two linemen who literally can barely move. They have one linemen who is a sophomore is will be VERY good before he's done. All the speed and athletes that they have is fine but against teams with REAL linemen, all that is negated. Because of this, they will struggle Friday night and I won't be surprised at all if they lose. You can watch Rhea County on the internet and if you do, you'll see what I mean.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, oridgecat said:

Looks like the typical Rhea County team to me. This Rhea County team is good, big and physical. Power Wing T/ triple option could give us trouble.  3 of Rhea's 4 losses are to good football teams; Catholic, Bradley and Soddy ( who beat Catholic 17-7). Not sure how they lost to McMinn, must have been in Athens. Lol.  Cats better come to play!  

Yes that game was in Athens. We also lost a ton of players to injury during that game.  

5 hours ago, catswild said:

I watch line play almost to the point where I sometimes don't even know where the ball is (I know...I'm a bit weird). And while our offensive line is better than I thought it would be, OR will not win another state championship until they get a few more REAL linemen. They were totally outmanned up front by HVA DB, Farragut, West, Powell, and athletically by Fulton. And they will also be totally outmanned by Rhea County. So I don't care who the coach is...that's an ongoing problem. They play with a guard who can't be over 5'7" 190, another guard who looks to be 5'10" 190 (I don't care what the program says) and two linemen who literally can barely move. They have one linemen who is a sophomore is will be VERY good before he's done. All the speed and athletes that they have is fine but against teams with REAL linemen, all that is negated. Because of this, they will struggle Friday night and I won't be surprised at all if they lose. You can watch Rhea County on the internet and if you do, you'll see what I mean.

I’ll be amazed if you’re “outmanned” by us upfront. Our biggest lineman is not 6ft tall. Our best lineman was our center that got hurt early in the year and what would have been our 2nd and 3rd best linemen are starting tackles at Soddy and Meigs. I did think the offense looked better last week with the split backs but the only win for us this week is a meal at Big Ed’s, which I am fired up about. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eagle4life55 said:

I’ll be amazed if you’re “outmanned” by us upfront. Our biggest lineman is not 6ft tall. Our best lineman was our center that got hurt early in the year and what would have been our 2nd and 3rd best linemen are starting tackles at Soddy and Meigs. I did think the offense looked better last week with the split backs but the only win for us this week is a meal at Big Ed’s, which I am fired up about. 

I would venture to say that with the offenses both teams run it isn't imperative to have big ole linemen. Of course a little size never hurts, but linemen in the offenses both teams run need to be pretty quick off of the ball.