47 Teams made the playoffs with 5-5 records or less.

BarneySox2007

It will be very interesting how many of these 47 teams will survive and make it to week 2. Last year I do know South-Doyle made it to the final four with a season record of 5-5. 36 of these teams are in the Public Schools and 11 are in the Privates. I guess the big surprise I saw is one team in 4A is 0-9, how did that happen. I also saw another went 1-9 and eight teams only won 2 games.

Edited by BarneySox2007

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It will be very interesting how many of these 47 teams will survive and make it to week 2. Last year I do know South-Doyle made it to the final four with a season record of 5-5. 36 of these teams are in the Public Schools and 11 are in the Privates. I guess the big surprise I saw is one team in 4A is 0-9, how did that happen. I also saw another went 1-9 and eight teams only won 2 games.

no they didnt. Central did. south Doyle did the year before, though.

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Need to go back to top two maybe three in each region. Bring back bowl games.

This is actually a really good idea that I’m still not sure why doesn’t get more attention. Bowl games for lesser teams would offset many, if not most, of the TSSAA’s “losses”, and would likely prevent most of the 1st round humiliations we see every year. 

There is a Memphis region where there are only 4 teams in it and all are sub-500. Of course all are in the playoffs. There are other regions in various classes where there are 4-5 teams in it. So we have numerous sub-500’s in and some undersized Regions. Some of these schools (especially many of the small ones) play in Regions with travel over an hour +. Are we sitting with too many Classes? Should we be sitting with 4-5 classes?