William Blount 2019

GovForce1

9 minutes ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

Yall won the championship this past year? I guess that was in '17 when #6, I think he had dreads? He was in the backfield and snapped him the ball alot... Maybe he was the QB. Looked a lot like Student body right or student body left... And I have only followed this thread, to check on Coach Shadowens.... and it looks to me as if everyone of your post are bashing him. "Transferring just the beginning", "weeks off", "a good coach, would know"... still not sure what any of that means but all of these post seem to be an attack... I probably shouldn't care... You probably coach at GB lol...

Good luck to your Ruco i think thats where you said you were from and good luck to your old coach.

Not a coach but thx for thinking that from reading my posts,they are great guys and a tremendous staff it would be an honor.We are hijacking the thread so i will bow out of this one.

Edited by orngnblk

3 hours ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

Again, you are trashing Great Guy you don't even know! Unless you know more than you are hiding behind in that screen name. Scheduling down? The Shadowens I know never schedule down! heck in RUCO we played Hoover/Bowling Green, KY and obviously the best talents of TN. Taking WEEKS off, dont know about that one. Pretty sure Anderson County went toe to toe with Greenville in the semi finals for three quarters this year. Which Greeneville may have be able to compete at all 9 Classifications. 

Looks like stone was pretty good as well..  

Division I, Class 4A, Region 3
  Region 3 Overall Region Opponents
Team W L Off Def W L Off. Def. Defeated, To Play
Stone Memorial 4 0 166 45 9 1 320 143 Cumberland Co., DeKalb Co., Livingston Academy, Macon Co.,
Macon Co. 3 1 69 80 5 5 147 223 Cumberland Co., DeKalb Co., Livingston Academy,
Livingston Academy 2 2 117 70 5 5 246 175 Cumberland Co., DeKalb Co.,
DeKalb Co. 1 3 65 82 3 7 167 259 Cumberland Co.,
Cumberland Co. 0 4 13 153 1 9 37 385

Don't know the team to know the talent level, but I've heard that district isn't a joke... Who was the last signee WB had? 

I've heard of GB, just didn't know where it was. Single A football championships are about the only A games I've seen... and the "I have One RB that I can put in wildcat and no one can tackle" mentality is 'Good Coaching' at it's finest...

This is my take on all of this. Stone Memorial is in one of the weakest divisions in all of 4A football and their only loss was to Lenior City 21-43, a team WB beat the first game of the year 13-7. WB played Stone Memorial two weeks after they got drilled by L.C. and destroyed WB 27-0 only to turn around and lose the first round of the 4A playoffs to a 4-6 team the following week.

Anderson County is a 4A school as well but had a 3-7 record in 2016 the year the 2017 and 2018 games were signed up. Lenior City had a 2-9 record in 2015 and 3-9 in 2016 in 5A and wore William Blount out 34-18  to open the 2017 season. The three games you would think they would win before the season and only beat Stone Memorial. The same in 2018 but they only beat Lenior City. 

My take on Shad is that he has a great record coming into William Blount and I'm sure a lot was expected of him but he walked into a situation where he had to inherit the staff and make due with the few tools he was given. I'm sure being at a school that had 3,4 and 5 star type material to work with had to have been a shocker to walk into not to mention the crumbling facilities 

The week off issue was during fall break in 2017 during an open week so the football team didn't practice for an entire week which is unheard of around here but it happened the week before a good possible chance to win against McMinn County. Not going to say that cost them the game but I watched it and you could tell the timing was off especially when the center over snapped the punter a mile.

I don't know Shad personally but I do know people that like him and some who don't. The whole program has been a wreck before he even came aboard but I blame the county for that. The biggest reasons I personally have lost some confidence was four years ago losing to the worst team in 6A Bearden 0-9 in the final game, the next year running off half the team just before they go play Oakland there in the playoffs risking getting a bunch of kids hurt, the week off ordeal in 2017 and how they managed to lose 27-0 to Stone Memorial the very final game this past year.  There seems to be a pattern here that just keeps rolling over to the next year.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This is my take on all of this. Stone Memorial is in one of the weakest divisions in all of 4A football and their only loss was to Lenior City 21-43, a team WB beat the first game of the year 13-7. WB played Stone Memorial two weeks after they got drilled by L.C. and destroyed WB 27-0 only to turn around and lose the first round of the 4A playoffs to a 4-6 team the following week.

Anderson County is a 4A school as well but had a 3-7 record in 2016 the year the 2017 and 2018 games were signed up. Lenior City had a 2-9 record in 2015 and 3-9 in 2016 in 5A and wore William Blount out 34-18  to open the 2017 season. The three games you would think they would win before the season and only beat Stone Memorial. The same in 2018 but they only beat Lenior City. 

My take on Shad is that he has a great record coming into William Blount and I'm sure a lot was expected of him but he walked into a situation where he had to inherit the staff and make due with the few tools he was given. I'm sure being at a school that had 3,4 and 5 star type material to work with had to have been a shocker to walk into not to mention the crumbling facilities 

The week off issue was during fall break in 2017 during an open week so the football team didn't practice for an entire week which is unheard of around here but it happened the week before a good possible chance to win against McMinn County. Not going to say that cost them the game but I watched it and you could tell the timing was off especially when the center over snapped the punter a mile.

I don't know Shad personally but I do know people that like him and some who don't. The whole program has been a wreck before he even came aboard but I blame the county for that. The biggest reasons I personally have lost some confidence was four years ago losing to the worst team in 6A Bearden 0-9 in the final game, the next year running off half the team just before they go play Oakland there in the playoffs risking getting a bunch of kids hurt, the week off ordeal in 2017 and how they managed to lose 27-0 to Stone Memorial the very final game this past year.  There seems to be a pattern here that just keeps rolling over to the next year.

Alot of good info Barn should help make a point.Alot of questions with the programs history past and present.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Yea sounds like a train wreck. Seems as if everyone should get on here and talk crap and transfer to one of the other three schools in the map someone posted!

12 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

I do believe I've figured this out.

TnFootballFanatic is Shads Nana. And she takes offense when somebody trifles with her "Lil Bubby". 

Once whan Shad was a lil kid their neighbor, a kid that played the piccolo in the school band beat Shad up in his own front yard. Nana almost had a stroke. After icing Lil Bubby's eye and giving him some banana pudding she slipped next door and took a whizz on the kids back porch.

If I was an advice sharing man I'd recommend y'all quit antagonizing Ol Nana or bring in your floor mat from the back step.

haha, you are the class clown with no insightful information so you got to try and be funny... touche

12 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

I do believe I've figured this out.

TnFootballFanatic is Shads Nana. And she takes offense when somebody trifles with her "Lil Bubby". 

Once whan Shad was a lil kid their neighbor, a kid that played the piccolo in the school band beat Shad up in his own front yard. Nana almost had a stroke. After icing Lil Bubby's eye and giving him some banana pudding she slipped next door and took a whizz on the kids back porch.

If I was an advice sharing man I'd recommend y'all quit antagonizing Ol Nana or bring in your floor mat from the back step.

I used to say one of Barneys posts was my favorite,but Shadroach this one is tops.One of the funniest things i have ever read.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

Again, you are trashing Great Guy you don't even know! Unless you know more than you are hiding behind in that screen name. Scheduling down? The Shadowens I know never schedule down! heck in RUCO we played Hoover/Bowling Green, KY and obviously the best talents of TN. Taking WEEKS off, dont know about that one. Pretty sure Anderson County went toe to toe with Greenville in the semi finals for three quarters this year. Which Greeneville may have be able to compete at all 9 Classifications. 

Looks like stone was pretty good as well..  

Division I, Class 4A, Region 3
  Region 3 Overall Region Opponents
Team W L Off Def W L Off. Def. Defeated, To Play
Stone Memorial 4 0 166 45 9 1 320 143 Cumberland Co., DeKalb Co., Livingston Academy, Macon Co.,
Macon Co. 3 1 69 80 5 5 147 223 Cumberland Co., DeKalb Co., Livingston Academy,
Livingston Academy 2 2 117 70 5 5 246 175 Cumberland Co., DeKalb Co.,
DeKalb Co. 1 3 65 82 3 7 167 259 Cumberland Co.,
Cumberland Co. 0 4 13 153 1 9 37 385

Don't know the team to know the talent level, but I've heard that district isn't a joke... Who was the last signee WB had? 

I've heard of GB, just didn't know where it was. Single A football championships are about the only A games I've seen... and the "I have One RB that I can put in wildcat and no one can tackle" mentality is 'Good Coaching' at it's finest...

The Shad at Blackman and the Shad at WB have been two completely different coaches and your other comments tell me you have no clue about Football in East TN. 

Facts for you

WB took their off week literally off and didn't practice 2 years ago.  

Anderson County was down 42 to 7 at half against Greeneville so I don't know how you think they went toe to toe with them for 3 quarters in the Quarter Finals not the Semi's

Stone Memorial plays in the worst 4a conference in the whole state of TN.  Was put out in the first round by a 3-7 team this year and WB beat them 56-27 the year prior.

WB has not improved under Shad one bit when it comes to wins or them avg. losing by 29 points this year the worst since Shad has been there and also worse than the previous coach.

Edited by Swipes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

Yea sounds like a train wreck. Seems as if everyone should get on here and talk crap and transfer to one of the other three schools in the map someone posted!

I would love to see him turn this around. There is no doubt in my mind that WB is better than Stone Memorial but for some reason they laid down that last game and quit. A win there would have been something great to go into 2019 with but now it leaves questions again. I can tell you for a fact this team can go 5-5 next year but will it want to.

Edited by BarneySox2007