William Blount 2019

GovForce1

An open letter to all the dads with current or future ballplayers:

Gentlemen,

YOU are the CEO of Your Son Inc. This position bestows on YOU an enormous weight and burden. There is no one to help you with your decisions, YOU are an island. The decisions YOU make will be part of the formation of YOUR son for the rest of his life. YOU are the wind in his sails YOU are his navigator most importantly YOU are his rudder to steer him in calm seas and gales as well. He is blessed with all the knowledge YOU have shared with him. His heart and mind are strong and his eyes are clear. He looks up to YOU and observes and stores away to the tiniest detail of YOUR actions. He will certainly be the man YOU form him to be.  He has generally only four years of High School eligibility. As the CEO of Your Son Inc. YOU MUST guide him YOU MUST put him in the best situation to be successful! Anything less is abject failure. If YOU decide to stay in an abysmal situation then throw away your scabbard and stay and FIGHT for him to your last breath. If YOU decide to journey to a different land, run don't walk. They're are great adventures to be experienced on the other side of the mountain. YOUR young warrior will be welcomed by the army there.

The sand in the hour glass ebbs away even as YOU read this. Make haste make a plan. Make the decision that ensures YOUR son, YOUR flesh and blood the best opportunity to be successful. Listen not to the fools that would call YOU a coward. Remember, The weak and the timid will stay back and defend the past while the brave and aggressive charge headlong into the future.

Edited by Shadroach
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

On 2/26/2019 at 9:36 AM, orngnblk said:

Just to clear the water.I am not a coach,i played ball with most of the coaches.I did coach in the youth league for 4 years until my youngest started playing high school ball.Most all the posters on here have met me face to face so i dont hide behind a screen name.I am a proud Greenback alumi and father of three boys who were outstanding players and young men.I have very good friends who have had or do have kids playing for WB,i work in Maryville so i know alot of others and hear the negative things that go on.I wish nothing but good for WB.I actually feel sorry for this program,every year they expect a little more than the year before and it ALWAYS bites them in the rear.The last hire all we heard was we got a coach that can get it done and EVERY year the team underachieves.Heck last year i waited on 91 at the corner to buy him a Corner burger and take him to the Coalfield game all on me and he stood me up.LOL.I dont have an answer for this situation but taking weeks off at a time when your team needs a win has me kind of baffled,along with other things.I dont intend for this post to be negative at all.Just clearing some things up for you and Tnfanatic.You can find me at the same place every Fri night on the fence!GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Haha still holding that over my head? I didn't mean to stand you up. '91 is a busy man. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

On 2/26/2019 at 9:36 AM, orngnblk said:

you can find me at the same place every Fri night on the fence!

Ummm............. So, I take it is that you and SHADROACH are buddies? I love how SHADROACH never answers my questions. He just makes a bunch of CEO stuff up and shys away from the Problems. 

HInts: why your on the fence. You recruit for Greenback, but cheer for govs on Friday nights? I wonder WHY?? 

11 hours ago, moonie said:

How does Heritage get left out of this discussion??

moonie that is a good question? Word was running ramped last year Hammontree was going to leave but it looks as if he is staying put. Most of his starters will be back since there were only seven seniors left at the end of the season which is good news but the middle school only had 23 players on the team which wasn't very good and that is the bad news. I've always said this that Eagleton was where some of the best football players come from and the time back in the early 90's when the county dropped their football program which was really Heritage's feeder program it totally destroyed Heritage Football ever since. Even though they restarted it back years later the damage was done. You can look back on Heritage won loss records since then and that is where it all started from. I would love to see them get back on track again but many have tried and many have failed. My biggest complaint from last year was that the coach dropped JV and freshman teams soon as the season started. Sure they had a lot of kids quit but they still had enough to play JV. That really hurts the future of a program when so little got a chance to gain any experience whats so ever and you have starters going both ways playing the entire 48 minutes.

1 hour ago, Shadroach said:

I don't like repeating rumors so you better listen closely the first time, Did I hear rumblings of a group of interested higher ups are asking questions on an "informal basis" about WB Football? Possibly the beginning of something we've all been hoping for? If you're asked for input just tell the truth. The facts will speak for themselves.

The ol Shadroach at it again, deflecting as always! Is this coming from the same "higher ups" you constantly criticize? I just wonder if you were "informally approached" about WB Football?

Image result for you can't handle the truth

7 hours ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

Again, just a supporter and close friend but thanks for calling me "Coach". It seems for a while now that things have been personal. 

because you love riddles...

Risky card games aren't enjoyable, but I do fish.... Catching isn't the name of the game, so you have to continue to cast the bait... Keeper fish are the only ones worth putting on display!

Eventually you are going to show your true colors... which don't seem to have any orange or WBHS blue.

Surely, you wouldn't be... no, he can't be... are you serious?

Well, I guess you did call the news paper?

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/william-blount-head-coach-candidate-cries-foul-over-hiring-decision/article_dbe67c45-8ab9-52e3-9a98-d863fe9e5952.html

People keep tagging me to this William Blount thread which is insane. I have no relation to anything about WB. I think it is interesting to see someone bash a program so much. That he can not admit that he is the problem “SHADROACH”

I think we should all start by admiring the fact that the truth hurts. It’s 2019 we need to share our thoughts, however when we are wrong, be a man and apologize! 

I am sorry for the William Blount administration, coaches, and players that have had to deal with so much negativity around them for this long, when the problem seems to be right under their noses!

Blount County as a whole is an amazing place for many. Great football, great teachers, and great area! Hundreds of people wish they could work or be apart of a great “County” .  Problem is “Great” is the Maryville and Alcoa Faithful!  

For years I studiously avoided the Coach T website.  But I have many friends who have told me that my name has somehow been insinuated to be anti-WB. So, against my better judgment I signed up to see what the heck was going on.

First, I am a WB supporter.  Always have been, always will be. But, more importantly, people who know me will tell you that if I have a problem I will come to you and tell you to your face.  I don't hide behind fake names on some social media website.

As for the newspaper article about the hiring of Coach Shad, the Daily Times called me because the rumor in the community was that I was going to be the next head coach.  I was honest with the paper, as I am with everyone I deal with.  My gripe was not with Coach Shad, but with the way the WB admin handled the situation.  As I say in the article, I understand why WB would hire a coach with a State Championship and over 20 years experience.  Coach Shad and I talked about this early on and I believe he knows we are on the same page.

I would really appreciate it if you guys would leave me out of the conversation as you banter back and forth.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3