William Blount 2019

GovForce1

9 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

So.....…

Who is ShadRoach? Ricky Young! 

12 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Absolutely, I can tell you are a guy that loves football, seems like one of your sons coach the way you talk. WB has to make changes obviously. That’s why this Roach thing has become such a big ordeal because it does hurt and effect the program. 

It it starts with the youth!

The message board on Coach T has nothing to do with the problems with William Blount. 90% of everyone I ask if they read it have never heard of it and most of the other 10% tell me for the most part that it's a group of adults that can't believe they're out of high school and won't move on with the rest of the pack their age because their caught in some kind of time warp. Then another group that are on it like coaches making sure someone hasn't got on here and pushed the envelope off the table. There are a few fans on here but for the most part only the posters and damage control coaches.

Also while we're on the topic of Mr. Young I can certainly assure you he would never do something your claiming. He would take it right to your face if he had a problem. He has done a great job with the middle school and turned what was really looking bad at one time into a very respectable football program. You sure don't see anyone on here arguing or posting anything negative about that unless they were maybe jealous for some reason. I can also assure you Mr. Young would never call down a player or a kid if he were the shadroach and I can promise you that. I for one am very proud of the great work he has done and hope he stays long as he can go. 

2 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Barney, 

I agree  with your post especially on Rick but acting like Shadroach is a villain is sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. I remind you sir of your post putting down a community and by proxy the football program as it was posted on the thread Morristown East Hurricanes on the 5-6A board in which you posted the graphic of a crack/meth pipe insinuating the area was incorrigible. I however I saw it for what it was, a good natured jab meant only to irritate the subject poster, made me laugh. You're kinda of like the Sheriff that rustles cattle on the side when you call people out. Love your posts, you're a fave at The Roach Nest.

Sorry, I didn't mean to paint you up like a villain but only trying to explain that he wouldn't mention anything about a player. The whole point was to let Barnaby Jones know his sense of clues were way off. A friend of mine posted that Morristown Meme on facebook that evening just as you saw it and I got on Coach T and saw the new Mo Town East Thread that had only one post that was a day old waiting for a reply. So I did what me or you are famous for so I figured I would add a little foot traffic into the room so the guy wouldn't just hang there. Didn't mean to set the guy on fire like I did though. I can tell from your post that you have been burned in one way or the other by Shad so it's payback time which have been pretty funny. You have definitely upset the applecart at WB or they wouldn't all be lined up whining to Coach T. Like I said earlier in a post that I will not say anymore that would insult the fans of WB because I do pull for all the teams in Blount County.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Scott Cupp, Athletic Director WBHS 865-621-3065

I have been able to avoid coacht for some time (since July 2017).  Occasionally my good friend Robbie Lotz will let me know if there is something brewing.  So, of course, last week, I was told there were issues regarding a guy called Shadroach.  This past weekend I read a lot of the information on here.  As I expected, a lot of WB bashing so not much has changed.  Still a great deal of debate from those who are anonymous. 

First of all I would like to say that I realize some of those who post and are poking fun at myself and Shad and others are just being funny and having a good time.  Some of you are more serious and that's fine also. However, when kids start getting called out that's a bit over the top and unnecessary.  So I would respectfully ask you guys to not do that.

The reason I feel the need to post today is I have spent some time this afternoon dealing with the Shadroach/Rick Young saga.  I actually met with Rick today and I would like to tell those on here that Rick Young is not Shadroach.  Rick has a son who is the head baseball coach here and has another son who is the head principal of a middle school in BC.  He has absolutely no motive in typing the sort of content that has been written.  As far as him being upset four years ago, that is over and done.  Furthermore, Rick was never upset with Shad to begin with.  He was upset with me.  I was the one who had discussed with Rick about becoming the head coach at WBHS before Shads name got thrown into the mix.  Rick and I spoke shortly after that hire, and we continue to talk to this day and all is well.  So he has nothing to gain by posting that type of stuff.  

I would also like to politely ask Pinocchio and TNFanatic to back off this CSI-like investigation of finding out who Shadroach is.  You will drive yourself mad trying to figure it out.  Please refrain from using pictures of Coach Justin Young, Coach Rick Young, and Coach Charlie Puleo.  It is not necessary.  It will only cause more issues.

I would also like to politely ask Mr. Roach to cease with the madness.  You, sir, (like it or not) have stirred up too much drama.  I have told my coaches to disregard this message board as there will always be haters on here poking trying to get a response.   I know that personal attacks are hard to take, but I have learned it is best just to take them and move on.  I know that I try my best in my role, and many times I fail.  But I am doing all I can.  Coach Shadowens and his staff are doing so as well.  When Coach Shadowens came from Blackman we were told that kids will love playing for him.  That remains the case here.  There will always be complaints, but I have also heard from countless kids and parents about how much they love playing football for Shad.  Building relationships with kids is very important in my opinion, and I stress to my coaches each year about being there for them. 

I am as much of a competitor as anyone, but, at the high school level, there is more to it.  We are dealing with 14-18 year old kids who have a lot going on in their life, and it is important to help them as much as possible.

Anyway, it is good to see all of you guys on here again.  Catch you again down the road.  Call me if you need anything and follow me on twitter at @ScottCupp11.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have no dog in this hunt and have no clue where WBHS even is.  But this is a very entertaining thread even though it is confusing to outsiders like me. Shadroach is a colorful character and I am enjoying the attempts of many  to squash the roach.  He just keeps scurrying along.

Maybe Shadroach has a future as a mystery writer.

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2019 at 7:55 AM, TNFootballFanatic said:

Now that we have everyone tuned in... @RickBYoung since you aren’t the roach then you must know who he is? If not, then since you are such a supporter, how about we find him out together? But first riddle me this... I have a few questions that maybe you can help answer

1-How come the ol roach hasn’t posted nor logged in since he read the article post? 

2-The timing of RickBYoung’s creation was a day after shaddyroach posted a Very Personal Negative attacking post about a coach? And randomly that post was edited after an investigation ensued into finding the roach?

3- I heard of rumblings their may have been a certain someone that is so bright he is rumored to be called sun, stopped in on a meeting that was occurring in regards to.... well that shouldn’t matter... but magically the ol roach posted 30 mins after that interaction...

4- As you have been watching this thread, why haven’t you defended the program? You only came to the defense of yourself? 

Maybe ALL of those are just coincidences, but you are a smart man. So let’s figure it out together??? I believe you said you are on the same page with Coach Shadowens! So you must want to know who the roach is as well, right?

I coached the offensive line for Coach Young youth league teams since 1991.  He is a man that would never attack WB from behind a computer keyboard as he loves the place to much to do such a thing.  The man I know will stand up and tell you man to man what his issues are. He is an excellent coach and should have gotten a shot as WB head coach.