William Blount 2019

GovForce1

40 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Leaving WB football.

Image result for mexicans scaling the wall

Not trying to be an instigator or anything but I know those three at the top did make it out and have turned up at Greenback. I don't think it will make or break WB but I'm sure most of those boys are leaving because a certain number of kids play under the current coaching system and if your not one of them you set and watch. Couldn't have picked a better picture because it more than explains what is going on right now.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Not trying to be an instigator or anything but I know those three at the top did make it out and have turned up at Greenback. I don't think it will make or break WB but I'm sure most of those boys are leaving because a certain number of kids play under the current coaching system and if your not one of them you set and watch. Couldn't have picked a better picture because it more than explains what is going on right now.

After hearing what quality of athletes these kids are,i dont quite understand why they werent allowed to help win ball games?We picked up a good sized kid a couple years ago and he never saw the field at WB when it counted but played his role every Fri to help us get to Championship game.Cant measure tge fight and the heart of a kid looking at him with his hands in his pockets!

• Upvote 3

Kids today have to many options with their time and setting on someone's bench not being apart of things aren't one of them. Can't blame any kid for going somewhere else if a coach is gun ho on playing a select few an entire ballgame no matter what the score is. A team with the freshest horses especially in the larger division schools are more times likely to win than not. If your not smart enough to take advantage of your depth then other teams close by will be glad to do it for you.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Kids today have to many options with their time and setting on someone's bench not being apart of things aren't one of them. Can't blame any kid for going somewhere else if a coach is gun ho on playing a select few an entire ballgame no matter what the score is. A team with the freshest horses especially in the larger division schools are more times likely to win than not. If your not smart enough to take advantage of your depth then other teams close by will be glad to do it for you.

Screenshot_20190404-075328_Google.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MLREB said:

I have to laugh at Greenback in this thread. You do realize that WB would beat GB at least 8 out out of 10 games and likely more? While GB is a strong 1A team WB remains at a different level. 

Well all I had to say about that is you should take advantage of the situation when you have an opportunity to play s and not embarrass yourselves! Because I promise you William Blount is not the one laughing in the end!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well all I had to say about that is you should take advantage of the situation when you have an opportunity to play s and not embarrass yourselves! Because I promise you William Blount is not the one laughing in the end!

Why would WB want to play GB? They have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. The senior class at GB has been extraordinary, but they will make their way back to the pack next season. I love what GB has done, but they are not on the level of WB, and if you think so you are not being logical. 

Btw....baseball field is nothing short of impressive!

8 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Why would WB want to play GB? They have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. The senior class at GB has been extraordinary, but they will make their way back to the pack next season. I love what GB has done, but they are not on the level of WB, and if you think so you are not being logical. 

If you have read my previous posting here I agree there is no way in the world Greenback should ever beat William Blount a 0% chance in my opinion!1800 students to 230 students shouldn't even be on the same field together but the bottom line is it would be a competitive series as you know it would. If Scott Meadows was still coaching there i think he would had William Blount at a different level and I know he had circumstances that led to him leaving and since it's took sort of a downward turn.But with things as they stand right now i give is a 50/50 chance!

And in all honesty I agree William Blount should never schedule Greenback because it does nothing but harm them in the long run.absolutely nothing to gain playing that game!!

And thank you for the props on the baseball field the coach and team did that on their own it's outstanding!

Edited by orngnblk

12 minutes ago, MLREB said:

If I'm not mistaken William Blount has the opportunity to beat up on us tomorrow in a baseball game at the I-75 pile-up or whatever it's called.

31 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Oh for shads sake! PLEASE! Lets be logical for just a minute and do some comparisons. In no particular order....

How many D1 prospects has WB produced in the past few years? How many has Greenback produced?

Who schedules higher classification teams for non conference games and who schedules and gets beaten by lower classification teams?

Who in their assigned division makes the playoffs and who in their division never does?

And the most glaring comparison is the coaching. Which coach takes what he has and creates a winner and which coach in 5 years is yet to create a .500 team let alone make a playoff?

Also stow away the fantasy WB because of its shear size would mop the floor with GB. Thats horseshad from the get go. OrnBlk is covering your biscuits with  kayro syrup agreeing WB would win the majority of a 10 game match up because hes a nice guy. Is akin to feeding a starving stray dog out by your barn.

"WB remains at a different level"?! Yes. Yes they sure do.

You make some good points, but you also have to take into account the competition teams face. To put it in perspective, Tennessee has been consistently one of the worst SEC teams in recent years, but most people would agree that they would beat even the best non power 5 teams. In short, there is a reason that there are divisions and classifications in sports.

As far as your point about D1 athletes, WB has beaten several teams with D1 athletes in recent years. They have also been really competitive against more than a few other teams that had D1 players.  Having a D1 player on the roster doesn't mean a team is any better. Football is a team sport. What matters is having more good players than the other team and 6A teams are almost always going to have more good players than 1A teams. That is just a fact.