William Blount 2019

GovForce1

And yes, coaching becomes a factor when you have at least a nearly level playing field in terms of talent. Good playcalling is never going to allow WB to beat Oakland the way things currently are. Having said that, there is no excuse for WB to have a losing record against Jefferson County in recent years. That is a team WB should be able to beat on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Shadroach said:

Oh for shads sake! PLEASE! Lets be logical for just a minute and do some comparisons. In no particular order....

How many D1 prospects has WB produced in the past few years? How many has Greenback produced?

Who schedules higher classification teams for non conference games and who schedules and gets beaten by lower classification teams?

Who in their assigned division makes the playoffs and who in their division never does?

And the most glaring comparison is the coaching. Which coach takes what he has and creates a winner and which coach in 5 years is yet to create a .500 team let alone make a playoff?

Also stow away the fantasy WB because of its shear size would mop the floor with GB. Thats horseshad from the get go. OrnBlk is covering your biscuits with  kayro syrup agreeing WB would win the majority of a 10 game match up because hes a nice guy. Is akin to feeding a starving stray dog out by your barn.

"WB remains at a different level"?! Yes. Yes they sure do.

Just to clarify my response to the MLREB of whom i do have respect for,but i said "SHOULD" beat us 10 out of 10 because of the size difference 1800 to 230.MLREBs team would beat us 10 out of 10 every year but to say WB in the state they are in and have been for several years i like our chances at about 50/50.91 makes good points also but roach isnt saying we would beat you because we have produced to D1 talent over the years he is saying (if im understanding correctly) our coaches take what we have and coach them into next level players constantly.GB would probably win some just because we are better across the board.Our depth is what will hurt us against teams with 70 to 80 kids on the sidelines when we have 35 the odds arent in our favor.But we will hit you straight in the nose as long as we can!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Just to clarify my response to the MLREB of whom i do have respect for,but i said "SHOULD" beat us 10 out of 10 because of the size difference 1800 to 230.MLREBs team would beat us 10 out of 10 every year but to say WB in the state they are in and have been for several years i like our chances at about 50/50.91 makes good points also but roach isnt saying we would beat you because we have produced to D1 talent over the years he is saying (if im understanding correctly) our coaches take what we have and coach them into next level players constantly.GB would probably win some just because we are better across the board.Our depth is what will hurt us against teams with 70 to 80 kids on the sidelines when we have 35 the odds arent in our favor.But we will hit you straight in the nose as long as we can!

ORB,

If you are talking about the recent Greenback teams going against the 2016 and 2017 WB teams, I would have to agree with you. In that scenario, you are talking about some of the worst WB teams going against historically good Greenback teams. Having said that, I dont think the typical Greenback team would fare well against a more typical WB team. Look at the 2018 team for example. The Govs had leads against Anderson County and Cleveland and whipped McMinn County for most of that game until they scored a few touchdowns at the very end to make it seem closer than it was.

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

ORB,

If you are talking about the recent Greenback teams going against the 2016 and 2017 WB teams, I would have to agree with you. In that scenario, you are talking about some of the worst WB teams going against historically good Greenback teams. Having said that, I dont think the typical Greenback team would fare well against a more typical WB team. Look at the 2018 team for example. The Govs had leads against Anderson County and Cleveland and whipped McMinn County for most of that game until they scored a few touchdowns at the very end to make it seem closer than it was.

When Coach Satterfield was at GHS. they scrimmaged WB and kicked their buts!!  WB never called again for another scrimmage. 

36 minutes ago, Frontman said:

When Coach Satterfield was at GHS. they scrimmaged WB and kicked their buts!!  WB never called again for another scrimmage. 

But when was that? Also, scrimmages can be hit or miss. My brother played at McMinn Central and they killed Greenback in a scrimmage one year. Central went on to have terrible year and Greenback ended up being good. WB has beaten Oak Ridge and Cleveland in scrimmages in recent years, but those scrimmage wins didn't translate to wins in the regular season.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

On 4/4/2019 at 8:38 AM, MLREB said:

I have to laugh at Greenback in this thread. You do realize that WB would beat GB at least 8 out out of 10 games and likely more? While GB is a strong 1A team WB remains at a different level. 

MLREB what you said makes 100% total sense and your one of a few people I personally know that understands all of this. On the other side of the coin is the fact that this coach doesn't utilize his strength in numbers. Also involved in this mix are a lot of unhappy campers year after year by seasons end and they usually lose a game that there was no way in the world they should of lost because the team implodes within over a bunch of hoopwa. Games such as  last year's Stone Memorial or another one a few years back when Bearden was so bad they were 0-9 and many considered them the worst 6A team in the state and WB goes over there and lays down like a Thanksgiving Turkey and gets their neck chopped off. That being said I feel the past three years if Greenback were to play WB they would have won most of those games if they played 10 times either year. Before that I would see it your way no doubt but with the internal problems that keep raising their ugly head the past ten or so years at WB I wouldn't hold my breath counting chickens against any team they play.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MLREB said:

Why would WB want to play GB? They have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.

But they have a two year series with a team in Crossville that GB would have destroyed?

Also doesn't WB play GB in other sports? hmmm.

Edited by 32hammer
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well all I had to say about that is you should take advantage of the situation when you have an opportunity to play s and not embarrass yourselves! Because I promise you William Blount is not the one laughing in the end!

I think it says a lot that the school with 250 kids is willing to play a school with 1600 kids.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

I strive to deduce problems by breaking them down to the lowest common denominator. The formula to solving the WB vs GB conundrum is really quite simple. `There are multiple courses of action to choose from. 

A Spring game.

A full half at a jamboree.

Both drop a scheduled cupcake game and schedule a match up on a neutral field.

If my memory serves me correctly the GB coach was quite sophisticated flipping the bird to the WB coaches by taking a knee at the 1 yard line and not scoring the third touchdown in a single quarter jamboree. Traded "style points" for "F Off points".

Correct me if I am wrong but I'm sure this matchup would be welcomed by both Fan Bases, one coaching staff, Local TV, Radio, Print Press, Twitter, College Scouts and most of all the Players. Only takes a little adjusting to make it happen. Plenty of time and no good excuses not to.

A good thursday night game,NO TV and the gate would be epic!I would love to see it.

• Like 1