William Blount 2019

GovForce1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:14 AM, 32hammer said:

Just to play devil's advocate, WB lost (to graduation or transfer) 3 starting DBs, 2 starting LBs, a DL, at least 2 starting O linemen, starting TE, starting RB, and top 4 WRs.  on a 3 win team. That's a lot to replace.

As far as other sports success, which teams specifically are you thinking about and how would it transition to success on the football field?

The boys basketball team had arguably  one of their best senior classes since 1985, I think they finished 12-15.

The boys basketball team had a winning record. They finished 16-15 and almost knocked off Knox Catholic to advance to the region tournament.

Secondly, the Govs had a lot of young guys that got playing time last year.  Trey Clemmer was statistically one of the better QBs in the Knoxville area and he was just a sophomore.  Wyatt Rutgerson also looked really good at receiver. And I saw the kicker Job Matossian on the baseball field tonight and he looks like a good athlete. I have heard that he will be get playing time at receiver this year. They also have a few other athletes that look promising.

Also, when was the last time WB put a good line on the field? They always seem to be about the same in that regard. So, I'm not concerned there.

Are you still arguing that the middle school team was a bad idea? Give me a break. The two teams won 1 game combined the last year they were separate, and  won a championship two years after they combined. That sounds like success to me. Maybe those middle school wins arent translating to wins at the high school level because the best players continue to jump ship. 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

11 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

The boys basketball team had a winning record. They finished 16-15 and almost knocked off Knox Catholic to advance to the region tournament.

Secondly, the Govs had a lot of young guys that got playing time last year.  Trey Clemmer was statistically one of the better QBs in the Knoxville area and he was just a sophomore.  Wyatt Rutgerson also looked really good at receiver. And I saw the kicker Job Matossian on the baseball field tonight and he looks like a good athlete. I have heard that he will be get playing time at receiver this year. They also have a few other athletes that look promising.

Also, when was the last time WB put a good line on the field? They always seem to be about the same in that regard. So, I'm not concerned there.

Are you still arguing that the middle school team was a bad idea? Give me a break. The two teams won 1 game combined the last year they were separate, and  won a championship two years after they combined. That sounds like success to me. Maybe those middle school wins arent translating to wins at the high school level because the best players continue to jump ship. 

Wyatt Rutgerson is GBs new QB,The 6'3 Fields kid is also at GB these two will be a big loss for WB.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Good post! The lack of winning is due to either the players, the coaches, or both. It’s not somebody else’s fault. Hopefully there is an effort to talk to those ship jumpers to find out what can be changed to keep some there. Though it is definitely the easiest thing to do, simply bad mouthing them and the schools they transfer to doesnt improve anything.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Secondly, the Govs had a lot of young guys that got playing time last year.   Wyatt Rutgerson also looked really good at receiver.

1.Basketball team has a great coach and had a loaded senior class and almost advanced to the region tournament. ok.

2, Yes, Wyatt looked really good last year at WR. Also a Pretty good DB and maybe a better QB.

3. 2011 and 2013 WB had some pretty good line talent. Did not translate into a winning record.

4. Combining middle school has not translated to HS success. Again the middle school team is for the most part playing teams with less than half there combined enrollment to inflate the win numbers. HS is trying to do the same thing but they at least have to play 6A region games.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Wyatt Rutgerson is GBs new QB,The 6'3 Fields kid is also at GB along with another that i wont comment on until he is walking the halls but he is coming for sure and he like Wyatt will be a big loss for WB.

See point 2 in list above. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

1.Basketball team has a great coach and had a loaded senior class and almost advanced to the region tournament. ok.

2, Yes, Wyatt looked really good last year at WR. Also a Pretty good DB and maybe a better QB.

3. 2011 and 2013 WB had some pretty good line talent. Did not translate into a winning record.

4. Combining middle school has not translated to HS success. Again the middle school team is for the most part playing teams with less than half there combined enrollment to inflate the win numbers. HS is trying to do the same thing but they at least have to play 6A region games.

See point 2 in list above. lol

The middle school team plays local middle school teams with roughly the same number of players? But okay. Whatever lol

49 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

The middle school team plays local middle school teams with roughly the same number of players? But okay. Whatever lol

Union Grove and Carpenters has a combined enrollment of 1401

Seymour middle enrollment is 620-- Cherokee is 531- Eagleton is 355-Loudon is 347-Northview is 341--Sevier co is -711- Heritage is 783-Lafollette middle school is 508

So for the last two years WB middle has played 13 of their 17 games against schools with that less than half of their enrollment.

Objective evidence, logic and simple math prove your statement is invalid.

They combined the middle schools so they could pick on smaller schools and fool some people.

Edited by 32hammer
spelling
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Union Grove and Carpenters has a combined enrollment of 1401

Seymour middle enrollment is 620-- Cherokee is 531- Eagleton is 355-Loudon is 347-Northview is 341--Sevier co is -711- Heritage is 783-Lafollette middle school is 508

So for the last two years WB middle has played 13 of their 17 games against schools with that less than half of their enrollment.

Objective evidence, logic and simple math prove your statement is invalid.

They combined the middle schools so they could pick on smaller schools and fool some people.

Interesting!

• Like 1