William Blount 2019

GovForce1

31 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

FYI: Lenoir City Middle School and North Middle School (Loudon County) have a combined team.

good to know,  the lenior city middle shows an enrollment of 627.

My point is still valid. If the enrollments are correct, the two combined schools are at 974 the WBMS team is at 1401. Over 40% more students

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 3:49 PM, 32hammer said:

My point about combining the schools is that it gives them a false confidence because they are schedule schools with often less than half of the enrollment of the two combined WB schools. Similar to a 17 year old 8th grader.

I respectfully but strongly  disagree with the bold statement. Consolidation of the county high schools into the two big schools was the single worst decision the county has made in the last 40 years. Remember the county had a state champ less than 4 years before consolidation as well as teams in the finals, None in the last 40. Community pride in their community schools was a very real thing back in the day. Kids that live 16 miles from the school they attend are unlikely to have any real connection to the school.

I agree there are a lot of great kids, teachers and parents at WB.

A 17 year old 8th grader.

126fnm0.jpg

I now understand why wb doesn’t schedule alcoa and greenback. They have so many more students than each of those schools and they don’t want to pick on them. Yeah, let’s go with that.

Combining both county high schools would allow that team to open up a can of whoopa$$ on everybody.

Edited by strongx

All jokes aside, they may not have had a choice but to put the two junior highs together because one of the programs would have folded anyway. If those two schools had of made it individuality they would have been playing the same schools their playing now as one. Some thoughts to me are that Rick Young has done an incredible job getting the number of kids out and they have been successful. Unfortunately at the high school level when the consolidation took place over 40 years ago it was really the demise of any good chance for a consistent winner other than maybe a sprinkle or two of a 7-3 team every now and then and that isn't even a possibility anymore. The records prove that all the way from the beginning.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Surely you are joking.

No Jimmy I'm not. my understanding when she gets on the bullhorn the team stops what they're doing and goes on to another part of their practice.  I just find it very interesting, maybe William Blount found the next Ralph and Karen Weekly of high school football.

• Upvote 1