William Blount 2019

GovForce1

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

After you posted this earlier i went straight to horses mouth as to say and there was no phone call (at least to a GB number) and your source is bogus!They said "IF" WB called it was AFTER the schedules were already done.Kinda defeats the purpose.

ONB,

They could still scrimmage. Or have a combined "Practice." Folks are so football starved before the season starts that they would even pay a little to watch it. I know I would. These local kids need to play each other. Their HS yrs are short and they never get them back. Let them have the memories they deserve instead of letting adults with fragile egos take the opportunity away from them.  See if GB will call WB to schedule it.

• Upvote 2

On 7/9/2019 at 2:29 AM, orngnblk said:

They said "IF" WB called it was AFTER the schedules were already done.

Well, that could have been the case. WB had originally scheduled Campbell County for a nonconference game, but they backed out. That is why Elizabethton ended up on the schedule. That happens all the time. Look at CoachT. It is not uncommon for coaches to advertise open dates to try and find opponents. Scheduling is difficult and things can fall apart for a variety of reasons.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

5 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Well, that could have been the case. WB had originally scheduled Campbell County for a nonconference game, but they backed out. That is why Elizabethton ended up on the schedule. That happens all the time. Look at CoachT. It is not uncommon for coaches to advertise open dates to try and find opponents. Scheduling can be difficult and things can fall apart for a variety of reasons.

Yes they can.

16 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

July 10 2019

Sonny Moore Power Rankings

Summary of Wm Blount

Out of 345 HS teams in Tennessee WB ranked 147

In 6A ranked in the bottom 10 overall.

Power Ranking Sub 100 at 96.02

Time for the AD to justify zero year to year improvement with current football staff. The fans, boosters, student body and players deserve an explanation. The staff has been granted more than enough time to turn the corner north of the 3 win season high water mark.

If you were the one in charge who are you hiring and why? 

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

If you were the one in charge who are you hiring and why? 

If it were me and OBVIOUSLY its not.I would make a phone call to a man who has a few good coaching years (whom also is in the BCHOF) left that lives 15 mins from the school.He has proven he can win with the talent he has and give him a chance to help our neighbors out.They need someone who can get kids on the field and remove the smell of negativity the program wreaks of.JMO.They will never be a 7 or 8 ave win team but 5 or 6 is doable most years.

Edited by orngnblk

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If it were me and OBVIOUSLY its not.I would make a phone call to a man who has a few good coaching years (whom also is in the BCHOF) left that lives 15 mins from the school.He has proven he can win with the talent he has and give him a chance to help our neighbors out.They need someone who can get kids on the field and remove the smell of negativity the program wreaks of.JMO.They will never be a 7 or 8 ave win team but 5 or 6 is doable most years.

If it were you,  you'd hire yourself then send all the talent to Greenback.  :)

On 7/16/2019 at 7:38 PM, Shadroach said:

July 10 2019

Summary of Wm Blount

Time for the AD to justify zero year to year improvement with current football staff. The fans, boosters, student body and players deserve an explanation. The staff has been granted more than enough time to turn the corner north of the 3 win season high water mark.

Since the consolidation of high schools in 77, 79, no Blount County football head coach has ever been fired. 

Why expect anything different?

Even Fickert and Corum left on their own. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 6:38 PM, Shadroach said:

July 10 2019

Summary of Wm Blount

A possible explanation, too many players going elsewhere?