William Blount 2019

GovForce1

39 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Where have you been? This has been a talking point on here for over a year. People have criticized WB's nonconference schedule and said we "run from competition" and schedule easy wins. 

And apparently you arent very good at math either. Of course all the teams that play in  the same regions play the same teams. Nah shite Sherlock...

Let me ask you this... How many losing teams with Maryville and Knox West in their district went out and scheduled two of the best teams from the neighboring district for nonconference games? When WB was playing a brutal district schedule with teams like Maryville, Knox West, Knox Catholic, Bearden, and Farragut, we scheduled Sevier County and Jefferson County for nonconference games. Those two teams were two of the best teams in their district and beat us more often than not.

Again, I'm asking how WB runs from competition? I'm not bragging. I'm just responding to what people have been saying for a year.

Also, arent you a Greeneville fan?  And you want to talk about competition? Stone Memorial would beat basically every team on your schedule. You guys dont play anybody worth a dam until late in the playoffs.

Dont put your two cents into something you know nothing about. Better yet, spend your time improving your reading 

You said the D word!:oops:

The boys have dropped!!:roflol:

Edited by orngnblk

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

William Blount should win half of their games this season and really should be six if they want them bad enough. Maryville, Bradley, Ooltewah and Elizabethton should be their only loses. Heritage and Sevier County should be two easy wins.  Mo West and Lenior City should be two more wins. WB beat McMinn last year so why can't they this year. Cleveland has a new coach and a great time to catch them with their pants down. 

Barney,

Of course WB has a crash every year. It's a tradition. For years that crash always happened  in one of the fall break games and when we played Bearden. But last year that crash came in the last game of the season. So maybe we have a new tradition. So let's play good football for most of the year and then crash against Lenoir City in the last game. I can live with that.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

44 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Barney,

Of course WB has a crash every year. It's a tradition. For years that crash always happened  in one of the fall break games and when we played Bearden. But last year that crash came in the last game of the season. So maybe we have a new tradition. So let's play good football for most of the year and then crash against Lenoir City in the last game. I can live with that.

It has to be unexpected or we wont be able to bust your Cojones.:thumb:

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Where have you been? This has been a talking point on here for over a year. People have criticized WB's nonconference schedule and said we "run from competition" and schedule easy wins. 

And apparently you arent very good at math either. Of course all the teams that play in  the same regions play the same teams. Nah shite Sherlock...

Let me ask you this... How many losing teams with Maryville and Knox West in their district went out and scheduled two of the best teams from the neighboring district for nonconference games? When WB was playing a brutal district schedule with teams like Maryville, Knox West, Knox Catholic, Bearden, and Farragut, we scheduled Sevier County and Jefferson County for nonconference games. Those two teams were two of the best teams in their district and beat us more often than not.

Again, I'm asking how WB runs from competition? I'm not bragging. I'm just responding to what people have been saying for a year.

Also, arent you a Greeneville fan?  And you want to talk about competition? Stone Memorial would beat basically every team on your schedule. You guys dont play anybody worth a dam until late in the playoffs.

Dont put your two cents into something you know nothing about. Better yet, spend your time improving your reading comprehension skills.

You are the one that stated "Who else could say that?" and I answered your question Sherlock.  Catholic could say the same when playing both Alcoa and Fulton during championship seasons.

You are acting like this is the first time I have said anything about it. (Go back and read my comments through out the year's on WB).  I was a coach in that former conference you speak of with West, Catholic, Maryville, WB, Farragut, LC, and Heritage and help turn around a horrible program into finishing 2nd in that same conference behind Maryville so i know more about WB than you think!

Now you're trying to beat your chest about JC (Who hasn't been relevant since the early 2000's) and Sevier Co. when they have fallen off the map and had good runs in 14 and 15 and you didn't even play them.

Stone Memorial would have a tough time beating quite a few Teams on Greeneville Schedule actually. (You do realize that Stone got bounced in the first round by a 3 win Marshall Co team last year :rolleyes:).  Off of last years schedule Stone wouldn't have beaten DB, Science Hill, Elizabethton, Pisgah, NC, Sullivan South, or Morristown West.  PS Greeneville didn't even play a team worth being on them field with them even in the play-offs last year with every game having a running clock

Spend my time working on my reading comprehension says they guy that uses "Dont", "arent", "nonconference"

Edited by Swipes

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Barney,

I've laid it all out for you and shouldn't be hard to understand. Heritage will go 0-10 or 1-9. Sevier County is dealing with the same issues as WB far as head coach goes. The guy won't leave and no one will fire him while he continues to destroy their program. Lenior City is starting to fall back into its place since Satterfield left. Morristown West is another former giant that is nothing but a name from the past. McMinn County is very beatable because WB beat them last year. Cleveland will take this new coach a year or two to get that program rolling again after all the damage that happened under the old coaching system. I can see 5-5, 6-4 and yes 7-3 if they could just reach out and steal one from one of those four other teams. If they go 2-8 or 3-7 then the train would have crashed somewhere down the line as it always has in the past but let's hope not.

52 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You are the one that stated "Who else could say that?" and I answered your question Sherlock.  Catholic could say the same when playing both Alcoa and Fulton during championship seasons.

You are acting like this is the first time I have said anything about it. (Go back and read my comments through out the year's on WB).  I was a coach in that former conference you speak of with West, Catholic, Maryville, WB, Farragut, LC, and Heritage and help turn around a horrible program into finishing 2nd in that same conference behind Maryville so i know more about WB than you think!

No your trying to beat your chest about JC (Who hasn't been relevant since the early 2000's) and Sevier Co. when they have fallen off the map and had good runs in 14 and 15 and you didn't even play them.

Stone Memorial would have a tough time beating quite a few Teams on Greeneville Schedule actually. (You do realize that Stone got bounced in the first round by a 3 win Marshall Co team last year :rolleyes:).  Off of last years schedule Stone wouldn't have beaten DB, Science Hill, Elizabethton, Pisgah, NC, Sullivan South, or Morristown West.  PS Greeneville didn't even play a team worth being on them field with them even in the play-offs last year with every game having a running clock

Spend my time working on my reading comprehension says they guy that uses "Dont", "arent", "nonconference"

You are correct!There is no way to justify getting beat by Stone in no way shape or form.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You are correct!There is no way to justify getting beat by Stone in no way shape or form.

It wasn't even the getting beat part is was getting shut out 27-0.  That same Stone team got handled by LC 49-21 a team William Blount beat the first game of the season.  All but three teams on Stone's Schedule gave them a better game.....

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

It wasn't even the getting beat part is was getting shut out 27-0.  That same Stone team got handled by LC 49-21 a team William Blount beat the first game of the season.  All but three teams on Stone's Schedule gave them a better game.....

Heard through the grapevine that Stone Memorial loss was the last straw with some of the parents of those kids at WB and the reason a bunch went looking elsewhere to play. Sad thing was some of those parents found out the hard way about the transfer rules and their virtually stuck where their at or they would been long gone. Cold hard facts is if Loudon County opened the border to Blount County Residents WB would lose half their football team overnight and they know it to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Swipes,

Again, I'm not bragging about anything. Try to catch up. I was just pointing out that WB always has a tough schedule. It's just funny to me that so many people have an opinion on WB's schedule in the first place. Again, people have been criticizing WB's schedule on here for well over a year. Catch up.

And aren't you funny? Listen, pal. Unlike 90% of this forum I have a job and go to school fulltime. I'm busy. When I am responding during the day I'm in a hurry. And your posts have a lot more problems than missing apostrophes and hyphens. So, it's pretty funny that you would even go there. The part of your post where you called out my grammar isn't even a proper sentence. Lol

This is why I can hardly be bothered to post on this forum anymore. People here are very bored and have nothing better to do than argue over the stupidest things.

I mean you're arguing with a position I don't even have! I never said other teams don't have tough schedules. We are talking about WB, not other teams. This is the WB thread after all. People have argued that WB avoids competition and schedules easy wins. And I responded to that argument by showing how it is bogus.

Is that clear enough for you? 

This is my last post on the matter. I don't have any more time and energy to waste on this nonsense.

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Heard through the grapevine that Stone Memorial loss was the last straw with some of the parents of those kids at WB and the reason a bunch went looking elsewhere to play. Sad thing was some of those parents found out the hard way about the transfer rules and their virtually stuck where their at or they would been long gone. Cold hard facts is if Loudon County opened the border to Blount County Residents WB would lose half their football team overnight and they know it to.

True post!!  I talked to one of the Seniors Saturday and he and two other players tried their best to get into GB, but he said the parents were not in a position to be able to change locations of living at this time.  If they ever open up the Loudon zone, it will hurt WB much worse than the few players they have lost to Maryville and Alcoa.

I believe WB will win 6 games this year and will probably have a decent year next year, and they need to enjoy it because after that the cupboard appears to be very bare for several years unless they get some transfers or move ins.  Good luck to the Govs this year....a few of those Juniors and Seniors were on the last team I coached when they were 12 and they won a lot of football games from age 7 through middle school, I would like for them to get a few wins at the high school level before they graduate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Swipes,

Again, I'm not bragging about anything. Try to catch up. I was just pointing out that WB always has a tough schedule. It's just funny to me that so many people have an opinion on WB's schedule in the first place. Again, people have been criticizing WB's schedule on here for well over a year. Catch up.

And aren't you funny? Listen, pal. Unlike 90% of this forum I have a job and go to school fulltime. I'm busy. When I am responding during the day I'm in a hurry. And your posts have a lot more problems than missing apostrophes and hyphens. So, it's pretty funny that you would even go there. The part of your post where you called out my grammar isn't even a proper sentence. Lol

This is why I can hardly be bothered to post on this forum anymore. People here are very bored and have nothing better to do than argue over the stupidest things.

I mean you're arguing with a position I don't even have! I never said other teams don't have tough schedules. We are talking about WB, not other teams. This is the WB thread after all. People have argued that WB avoids competition and schedules easy wins. And I responded to that argument by showing how it is bogus.

Is that clear enough for you? 

This is my last post on the matter. I don't have any more time and energy to waste on this nonsense.

Go back to School and i'm not your Pal.  You came on here bragging about how WB always has a tough schedule and how many other teams can say they have played teams that have won state championship in the past decade. (Which a lot of teams can say the same).  It's not how many teams you have played that are good it's how  WB hasn't been relevant or competitive in those games.  A school the size of WB with a supposedly great coach still can't even get it done against a bad 4a team in Stone.

Once again WB can't help the conference they are in and no one is arguing they play in a tough conference but playing  the Stone's, Hertitage, Sevier Co., Jeff Co. out of conference is not tough competition to anyone that keeps up with football in East TN.  You also took a dig saying my alma mater doesn't play anyone until deep in the play-offs so Yes you did say other teams don't have a tough schedule.  We will see how you do against Elizabthton and then you can talk to me about our conference.

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1