William Blount 2019

GovForce1

2 hours ago, jake said:

True post!!  I talked to one of the Seniors Saturday and he and two other players tried their best to get into GB, but he said the parents were not in a position to be able to change locations of living at this time.  If they ever open up the Loudon zone, it will hurt WB much worse than the few players they have lost to Maryville and Alcoa.

I believe WB will win 6 games this year and will probably have a decent year next year, and they need to enjoy it because after that the cupboard appears to be very bare for several years unless they get some transfers or move ins.  Good luck to the Govs this year....a few of those Juniors and Seniors were on the last team I coached when they were 12 and they won a lot of football games from age 7 through middle school, I would like for them to get a few wins at the high school level before they graduate.

Maybe they need to change the nickname to a more fitting one like Hostages. The William Blount Hostages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Go back to School and i'm not your Pal.  You came on here bragging about how WB always has a tough schedule and how many other teams can say they have played teams that have won state championship in the past decade. (Which a lot of teams can say the same).  It's not how many teams you have played that are good it's how  WB hasn't been relevant or competitive in those games.  A school the size of WB with a supposedly great coach still can't even get it done against a bad 4a team in Stone.

Once again WB can't help the conference they are in and no one is arguing they play in a tough conference but playing  the Stone's, Hertitage, Sevier Co., Jeff Co. out of conference is not tough competition to anyone that keeps up with football in East TN.  You also took a dig saying my alma mater doesn't play anyone until deep in the play-offs so Yes you did say other teams don't have a tough schedule.  We will see how you do against Elizabthton and then you can talk to me about our conference.

I'll try this one more time and maybe it will sink in. I'm not bragging about anything. I'm just stating facts. People have been criticizing WB's schedule for well over a year. I'm merely responding to that.

You are coming into this conversation without any context whatsoever.

For example, I brought up Sevier County because we played them in week 0 for years. When we last played them, they were good and winning their region almost every year. And guess what? We didn't have to play them. They were not a region opponent. But we did. And from 2008 to 2012, they beat us every year. If we were running from competition and looking for easy wins, we would have dropped them but we didn't. They dropped us! Like many successful programs, they wanted to try their luck against Maryville and that didn't work out so great for them.

The point is WB has not been afraid to schedule tough games. Sevier County is just one example of that. Before we scheduled Elizabethton, we had Campbell County on the schedule but they backed out. Campbell County has been pretty good lately and cleaned our clocks in a scrimmage a few years ago.

Again, the facts don't line up with some people's narrative that WB runs from competition. That's all I'm saying.

And again, I am well aware that WB has to play their region schedule. Duh! The point is WB always has a tough region schedule, but still makes it a point to consistently schedule quality opponents. 

For the last time, I'm not bragging about anything. It just puzzles me that people talk so much smack about a losing program's schedule when we have as tough of a schedule as anybody. 

Looks like to me the county schools are figuring it out. IMO they must start at the base and build up to start providing a long term fix for their athletic programs. The infrastructure is a as important in today's world as any part of the program. 

Edited by MLREB

20 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Looks like to me the county schools are figuring it out. IMO they must start at the base and build up to start providing a long term fix for their athletic programs. The infrastructure is a as important in today's world as any part of the program. 

So...are you saying that new uniforms every year are not the answer?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1