William Blount 2019

GovForce1

13 hours ago, abetee said:

Heritage and W.B. should attempt to merge into one team or both drop football. 

Actually just the opposite. Go back to smaller community schools instead of busing kids 16 miles from their home. You would have tons of community support and be much more successful. Look at the model Greenback (close enough)and Alcoa have in the same county. Kids are academically successful, happy, have tons of community support and team state championships.

Blount county had a state champion from a small community school just a few years before the consolidation travesty . In 40 years that followed consolidation, well the record speaks for itself.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Actually just the opposite. Go back to smaller community schools instead of busing kids 16 miles from their home. You would have tons of community support and be much more successful. Look at the model Greenback (close enough)and Alcoa have in the same county. Kids are academically successful, happy, have tons of community support and team state championships.

Blount county had a state champion from a small community school just a few years before the consolidation travesty . In 40 years that followed consolidation, well the record speaks for itself.

You might have a point about Heritage, but most of WB's students probably live within ten minutes or so of the school. 

You can't even compare that to the situation at Heritage where Eagleton is much closer to Alcoa and you can pretty much throw a rock from Eagleton Middle School to Alcoa High School.

Also, are you talking about athletics or academics too? WB is a good school for academics. I cant speak for Heritage in that area.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

39 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

You might have a point about Heritage, but most of WB's students probably live within ten minutes or so of the school. 

You can't even compare that to the situation at Heritage where Eagleton is much closer to Alcoa and you can pretty much throw a rock from Eagleton Middle School to Alcoa High School.

Also, are you talking about athletics or academics too? WB is a good school for academics. I cant speak for Heritage in that area.

WB is a great academic school but it would remain one if it were a smaller school and had its student population reduced. Probably better.  I was mostly talking about athletics and student experience.

Trust me, I know for a fact some kids are bused 15.6 miles from their home to WB ,lol. Let WB have the kids ten minutes from the school. Have another school for the kids in the south. Do the same for Heritage. The county is growing so fast, it will need to be done sooner or later, might as well be proactive.

42 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Trust me, I know for a fact some kids are bused 15.6 miles from their home to WB ,lol. 

That's why I said most.  And experience is subjective. Maryville and Alcoa might be good for kids that want to go to a four year school, but they aren't so great for kids that want to join the workforce right after graduation. They have subpar technical programs. I dont know anything about Greenback.

50 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

WB is a great academic school but it would remain one if it were a smaller school and had its student population reduced. Probably better.  I was mostly talking about athletics and student experience.

Trust me, I know for a fact some kids are bused 15.6 miles from their home to WB ,lol. Let WB have the kids ten minutes from the school. Have another school for the kids in the south. Do the same for Heritage. The county is growing so fast, it will need to be done sooner or later, might as well be proactive.

That's funny. You ought to do stand up.

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

That's why I said most.  And experience is subjective. Maryville and Alcoa might be good for kids that want to go to a four year school, but they aren't so great for kids that want to join the workforce right after graduation. They have subpar technical programs. I dont know anything about Greenback.

Maryville messed up by not turning Thatcher's VW shop into a VW repair class. Graduate and go straight to Ooltewah. 

Screen-Shot-2017-06-05-at-10.19.57-AM-10