William Blount 2019

GovForce1

2 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Sometimes Ol Shadroach is far away but he is NEVER gone. It would certainly take more than a make believe assistant coach defending his mentor to which he depends on financially to feed his family to make me leave this house of misery. The coaching quality is poor and their W-L record is living proof. WB is living through a very dark chapter in its football program. No staff should string together 5 losing seasons at an 6A school. I know the faithful here are about to say "Dang Roach, its been the last several regimes!" Yes that is true. That points you in the direction of the lowest common denominator The Administration. Start at the beginning, If the AD can not hire a competent coaching staff consider a new AD. WB has ALL the necessary ingredients...Turn out, Skilled players, Strong fan base and the list goes on. Why does the WB coaching staff schedule 3A and 4A teams? You know the answer. Looking for but not finding cheap wins. If TnFballFnatic spent his time working the boys on fundamentals instead of defending his meal ticket we might see something crazy like 4 WINS!

As an outsider, I would think that the coaching quality is poor, due to the lack of support. As seen on this thread. It seems as if you were coming after the Head Coach before. Now you turn to the Admin and AD? Whose fault is it ShadRoach or is it WBRoach? When it comes to scheduling I think it is stated who is available at which time both teams are open. " Hints why teams look for games". Sometimes you get who you get no matter the distance. Blackman (6A) is playing Alcoa (3A) 183 miles and 2hrs and 45mins away.... not counting time difference. D.B dropped Alcoa. Im sure D.B. got rid of Greeneville as soon as they could as well as Alcoa. IMO. 

Since you have all the answers, Why are you not the "Ole Ball Coach?"

On 2/22/2019 at 5:09 PM, moonie said:

I don’t see any major improvement for either Heritage or William blount in the foreseeable future.

it would take a major change in attitude by the folks that run the system for any meaningful chance at success. It is a shame that all of those young men have to bear the brunt of poor decisions that have occurred in years past. It would be great to see these schools be successful and competitive on a regular basis. They have two successful models in Alcoa  and Maryville  just need a director and board with courage enough to make it happen  

Seems like nothing is going to change. Everyday in the paper the budget is cut in half. Does not take a rocket scientist to know that it may take the county a long time to change. Yes, Alcoa and Maryville are successful models to follow. However, people in the county will not let that happen which I am sure some are involved with the community some way or another. This can be said with surrounding counties as well.

How do you make those programs better? 

3 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Sometimes Ol Shadroach is far away but he is NEVER gone. It would certainly take more than a make believe assistant coach defending his mentor to which he depends on financially to feed his family to make me leave this house of misery. The coaching quality is poor and their W-L record is living proof. WB is living through a very dark chapter in its football program. No staff should string together 5 losing seasons at an 6A school. I know the faithful here are about to say "Dang Roach, its been the last several regimes!" Yes that is true. That points you in the direction of the lowest common denominator The Administration. Start at the beginning, If the AD can not hire a competent coaching staff consider a new AD. WB has ALL the necessary ingredients...Turn out, Skilled players, Strong fan base and the list goes on. Why does the WB coaching staff schedule 3A and 4A teams? You know the answer. Looking for but not finding cheap wins. If TnFballFnatic spent his time working the boys on fundamentals instead of defending his meal ticket we might see something crazy like 4 WINS!

You make (some) good points as always, but you are out of touch with a lot of what is going on here. 

Coaching quality/ losing season in 6A:  So we have 3 state championship caliber teams year in and year out in this town and you just expect this small of a town (130K) to fill 5 state competitive rosters. ( I'm sure yall are gonna say greenback is loudon county ..ok)  Heritage hasn't had a winning record in the top classification since I was in 8th grade (1999), they hired a state champion coach in hammontree, his quality of coaching must be bad...  WB history: I was told we were awful back in the 80s and then as I went through we had some teams make it 2 rounds deep in the playoffs but nothing great , so then we hire a guy  who won 2 state championships in the highest classification in Tennessee, that sounds like a terrible idea,  so I question your statement on the quality of the coaching.

19 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Willie, 

I hear your valid points. At face value you are 100% correct but maybe add this to your thought recipe, It matters not in which city county or state HS football is HS football. Think big picture not just Blount County. ANY coach can contend for a gold ball with 5 star players. Its push button football. A 6A school has 1,000+ young men. For sake of argument lets say all who turn out as freshmen are 2 to  2 1/2 stars skill wise. Average athletically. The coach that is used to coaching 4 star plus players is in over his head. He's stepped down from an F-16 to a Crop Duster. The coach and usually its a promoted assistant, that finds the challenge of teaching basics and fundamentals as his calling is a long term leader. He BUILDS a team not just steers it like Championship caliber coaches. The teaching coach doesn't just teach "Do" he teaches "What When and Why". What to do When it applies and What happens when done correctly AND What happens when done incorrectly. The full spectrum of knowledge. "Do" coach never takes that time. As all cards in the deck do not look the same so  all players cannot be taught the same.

The majority of fans in our area have been hypnotized by drinking the Koolaid of resignation and have become paralyzed at the thought of only a few teams and schools can be elite and the rest sub .500, it is untrue. It certainly won't happen overnight but if the proper leadership is in place it would certainly happen within 5 years. There has been ZERO improvement in the past 5 years with the current staff. Does the future hold 5 more years of self imposed chains or can the bondage of mediocrity be broken? The choice is really up to the WB faithful to stand and be counted or watch another generation unnecessarily be lead into the football abyss. If YOU are afraid, present the choice to the young men. Offer them their choice between the sword and the plow.

Outstanding post!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Willie, 

I hear your valid points. At face value you are 100% correct but maybe add this to your thought recipe, It matters not in which city county or state HS football is HS football. Think big picture not just Blount County. ANY coach can contend for a gold ball with 5 star players. Its push button football. A 6A school has 1,000+ young men. For sake of argument lets say all who turn out as freshmen are 2 to  2 1/2 stars skill wise. Average athletically. The coach that is used to coaching 4 star plus players is in over his head. He's stepped down from an F-16 to a Crop Duster. The coach and usually its a promoted assistant, that finds the challenge of teaching basics and fundamentals as his calling is a long term leader. He BUILDS a team not just steers it like Championship caliber coaches. The teaching coach doesn't just teach "Do" he teaches "What When and Why". What to do When it applies and What happens when done correctly AND What happens when done incorrectly. The full spectrum of knowledge. "Do" coach never takes that time. As all cards in the deck do not look the same so  all players cannot be taught the same.

The majority of fans in our area have been hypnotized by drinking the Koolaid of resignation and have become paralyzed at the thought of only a few teams and schools can be elite and the rest sub .500, it is untrue. It certainly won't happen overnight but if the proper leadership is in place it would certainly happen within 5 years. There has been ZERO improvement in the past 5 years with the current staff. Does the future hold 5 more years of self imposed chains or can the bondage of mediocrity be broken? The choice is really up to the WB faithful to stand and be counted or watch another generation unnecessarily be lead into the football abyss. If YOU are afraid, present the choice to the young men. Offer them their choice between the sword and the plow.

ShadRoach, 

I love how you do not answer my questions "Why are you not trying to apply for this job?" 

You are right when it comes to athletes, Jimmys and Joes make coaches look better, no one is arguing that. What have you done to help the program, besides call out the Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, and now the Administration? You talk about helping the kids and making them better. Does that not start with the youth programs such as Pee-Wee/ Midgets/ Middle School level?  Do they all share the same goals as the Headmasters at the High School such as Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, and Administration?  Does it appear to you that people view this Message Board and thrive off what you say?

For Example, we all know "ORGNBLK"  has connections to GreenBack, weather he/she is with the youth program/ middle school/ or the Head Coach at GreenBack. You are opening that window every time you posted negative thoughts about the place you so call "HOME". 

What's your madness behind this?

A) You want WB to Burn down, So you can relift the program

B)You have beef with the Head Coach

C) Your just a nieve fan, who does not know the ins and outs of a program

D) Your someone with no relations with William Blount, So you sabotage a program. 

E) NONE OF THE ABOVE

17 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

When it comes to scheduling I think it is stated who is available at which time both teams are open. " Hints why teams look for games". Sometimes you get who you get no matter the distance. Blackman (6A) is playing Alcoa (3A) 183 miles and 2hrs and 45mins away.... not counting time difference. D.B dropped Alcoa. Im sure D.B. got rid of Greeneville as soon as they could as well as Alcoa. IMO. 

Just for clarification, D.B. plays Alcoa again this year in the last game of the regular season.  I think the Blackman vs Alcoa game is on a Saturday and rumored to be televised, which may rationalize the distance between the two schools. WB has declined to play Alcoa.

There is no way for the adults in charge to realistically justify not letting these local kids compete against each other.

Adults can't expect to teach kids to compete if the kids know the adults are afraid to compete.

12 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

ShadRoach, 

I love how you do not answer my questions "Why are you not trying to apply for this job?" 

You are right when it comes to athletes, Jimmys and Joes make coaches look better, no one is arguing that. What have you done to help the program, besides call out the Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, and now the Administration? You talk about helping the kids and making them better. Does that not start with the youth programs such as Pee-Wee/ Midgets/ Middle School level?  Do they all share the same goals as the Headmasters at the High School such as Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, and Administration?  Does it appear to you that people view this Message Board and thrive off what you say?

For Example, we all know "ORGNBLK"  has connections to GreenBack, weather he/she is with the youth program/ middle school/ or the Head Coach at GreenBack. You are opening that window every time you posted negative thoughts about the place you so call "HOME". 

What's your madness behind this?

A) You want WB to Burn down, So you can relift the program

B)You have beef with the Head Coach

C) Your just a nieve fan, who does not know the ins and outs of a program

D) Your someone with no relations with William Blount, So you sabotage a program. 

E) NONE OF THE ABOVE

Just to clear the water.I am not a coach,i played ball with most of the coaches.I did coach in the youth league for 4 years until my youngest started playing high school ball.Most all the posters on here have met me face to face so i dont hide behind a screen name.I am a proud Greenback alumi and father of three boys who were outstanding players and young men.I have very good friends who have had or do have kids playing for WB,i work in Maryville so i know alot of others and hear the negative things that go on.I wish nothing but good for WB.I actually feel sorry for this program,every year they expect a little more than the year before and it ALWAYS bites them in the rear.The last hire all we heard was we got a coach that can get it done and EVERY year the team underachieves.Heck last year i waited on 91 at the corner to buy him a Corner burger and take him to the Coalfield game all on me and he stood me up.LOL.I dont have an answer for this situation but taking weeks off at a time when your team needs a win has me kind of baffled,along with other things.I dont intend for this post to be negative at all.Just clearing some things up for you and Tnfanatic.You can find me at the same place every Fri night on the fence!GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

• Like 3