William Blount 2019

GovForce1

21 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I saw one of the most successful coaches in William Blount's history and also Heritage in town today. I was going to walk up to him and ask his opinion why both county football teams have sunk to the level their at but he looked like he was on first base with some random female he must of known and headed for second so I didn't bother him.

Some things never change. 

22 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I saw one of the most successful coaches in William Blount's history and also Heritage in town today. I was going to walk up to him and ask his opinion why both county football teams have sunk to the level their at but he looked like he was on first base with some random female he must of known and headed for second so I didn't bother him.

Was it David Gregory? Did he have on that sterling silver chain linked necklace on that he always wore? 

3 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Siiiiiigh.

Ol' Shadroach grow's weary of listening to the lemmings discuss the "why's" of the recent exodus of football players from WB. It seems the panacea is "those boys just want to play for a gold ball" "they weren't getting playing time at the big school so they went to smaller programs".  Allow me to correct all that, please. The "Gold Ball" theory is simply a byproduct of superior coaching. Nothing more nothing less. The athletes are the same caliber at both programs. Don't believe me? Put them on the same field this spring! The "Smaller Program/Playing Time" theory holds no water either. The programs they have gravitated towards are ones where the competition for playing time is fierce and competitive. The difference here is the coaching staff puts the BEST 11 on the field. Players COMPETE for playing minutes instead of their dads competing with boot licking the coaches and back room deals. 

While the bleeding of players leaving the program isn't arterial (yet) it is a sign of a systematic problem. EVERY year players that want to have a chance to play at the next level (college) and players that simply want to experience High School football in a pure form leave WB. We never hear players from other programs leaving surrounding schools to come here do we? Nothing will change until there are changes in the upper echelon of the program. Like a tumor, it must be eradicated with great prejudice. Until then the the power and energy will keep ebbing away from WB and the excuses of why will keep proliferating.

You must have all the solutions Mr. Roach, but you never answer anyone's questions.

I have been watching closely, wondering why you are deleting are your hateful posts... But the bolded, highlighted, underlined excerpt lets me in a little more insight of you... SO you have told us you aren't a parent of a player (current or transferring to other programs), you aren't on the staff, sir, you have done a great job of showing the viewers who you Are NOT... Only time will tell who you really are... you just can't help yourself... True WB supporters, you should start 'Building a Wall'!!!

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, ConcernedWBDad said:

The Govs should win at least 4 or 5 games this year. It will be inexcusable to do worse than that.

-Mo west was 3-7 last year with all 3 wins coming by 5 points or less and 2 of those were against 5A teams

-Heritage was 0-10 last year. Closest game was a 20 point loss

-Sevier Co (5A) was 2-10 last yr and 1 of those wins was vs Heritage

-Lenior City (5A) team with a losing record that WB beat last year

Elizabethan - (4A) team that is over 120 miles away. This one will surprise them a little.

Is Vonore on next years schedule?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

-Mo west was 3-7 last year with all 3 wins coming by 5 points or less and 2 of those were against 5A teams

-Heritage was 0-10 last year. Closest game was a 20 point loss

-Sevier Co (5A) was 2-10 last yr and 1 of those wins was vs Heritage

-Lenior City (5A) team with a losing record that WB beat last year

Elizabethan - (4A) team that is over 120 miles away. This one will surprise them a little.

Is Vonore on next years schedule?

4 wins should be a gimme!But something tells me otherwise!

• Like 1