William Blount 2019

GovForce1

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

So they replaced a home/ away game in 17/18 with a school 68 miles away and 700 (approx.) less students than WB, with a school 131 miles away and 1000 ( approx.) less students than WB.

Looking for a win brother!Looking for a win.SMOnBH!I hear Unaka is looking for someone to forfeit to, he can schedule them after fall take off time for a sure win.:bored:

5 hours ago, 32hammer said:

So they replaced a home/ away game in 17/18 with a school 68 miles away and 700 (approx.) less students than WB, with a school 131 miles away and 1000 ( approx.) less students than WB.

The Bad part about it is that the School 131 Miles away is better in Football than the School 68 Miles away.  WB couldn't even beat the School 68 Miles away that lost to the 4 seed in the first round of the 4a play-offs

• Like 1

Next year the schedule looks like a great chance to go 5-5 with the addition of Sevier County and Morristown West who are also going through hard times. Scheduling Lenior City the very last game was a smart move since the Wampler's have turned into sausage the last three games the past half dozen years. Heritage should be another win if they can even put a team on the field this year. That leaves McMinn County who seem to be another lost program trying to find their way out of the dark. You can't ask for a better schedule than that.

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Next year the schedule looks like a great chance to go 5-5 with the addition of Sevier County and Morristown West who are also going through hard times. Scheduling Lenior City the very last game was a smart move since the Wampler's have turned into sausage the last three games the past half dozen years. Heritage should be another win if they can even put a team on the field this year. That leaves McMinn County who seem to be another lost program trying to find their way out of the dark. You can't ask for a better schedule than that.

I have heard that coach Shad has the William Blount sheep believing in his five year plan,that this is a year they turn the corner and win at least four ball games.With this schedule that is pretty much a gimme.Also promising kids playing time over last years starters to keep them from jumping ship.BUT dont be surprised if some of these players that have been promised the moon dont have new addresses in the next few weeks. What is the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Welcome to shad's Asylum!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Well said my good man. Taking note of your quip of Shads 5 year plan, In business if a CEO went to the Board and said

"My 5 year plan for the company is to be less than 50% of excellent results. I plan to achieve this by sticking to my last 3 previous years plan that includes mixing my upper level management staff (asst coaches) of under performing leaders with minuscule knowledge of our industry and suppressing the voices of staff with more knowledge than myself. Further instead of developing current rank and file (players with multiple years in the system) I will bring in new employees, while experts in other fields, know zero about our business (basketball players) and attempt to make them the faces of our business. I realize there may be an attrition of human assets(players leaving for other programs) that may cripple productivity but since The Board (boosters, parents, school faculty and administration) are to timid to mount an strong stance against my plan I will proceed unchecked until we are bankrupt. 

In my world, such a scenario is impossible but in this programs world its the future. 

The new meaning for WB is now We're Bankrupt!

In a wierd way i understand this post and it nails it!

• Like 3

The problem with the county schools for any head coach that it may take a five year plan to eventually bring in their own staff of choice. The city schools have a little more wiggle room there because of the support from leadership. Under the current situation it would take a special outgoing person with loads of energy to deal with the roadblocks set in front of them to overcome these obstacles. To my knowledge Meadows and McMahan have been the only two to pull it off. 

12 hours ago, Shadroach said:

It appears earth has maintained its normal rotation and all is well at WB. My hypothesis is based on a simple formula, Concerned Dad has not posted anything since 29 October 2018 when he started this thread. Praise Baby Jeezums that CD is no longer wringing his hands in trepidation although I must admit I miss his milktoast posts.

Maybe Concerned Dad is the one that is buying the new house in Greenback in a few weeks so his son don't have to play for Shad any longer.

• Like 1