Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

ConcernedWBDad

William Blount 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Shadroach said:

Are you kidding me? Two more working on it? Shame they have different destinations.

Image result for great escape motorcycle jump

Shadroach I believe that's starting to be a part of our culture now days. The father says we're going to have to transfer because Alabama isn't going to find little Johnny if he's setting on the bench here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Nebuchadnezzar throw Shadroach, Meshroach, and Abedneroach into the fiery furnace? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Didn't Nebuchadnezzar throw Shadroach, Meshroach, and Abedneroach into the fiery furnace? 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sure looks like one end of that rainbow comes down over at Alcoa and the other side at Maryville where the Gold Football's are.

xpy0yc.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sure looks like one end of that rainbow comes down over at Alcoa and the other side at Maryville where the Gold Football's are.

xpy0yc.jpg

Where is the visitor’s side?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Where is the visitor’s side?  

Just one sided but they have a lot of seating, the stadium is 100 yards long. I always set on the top row to get a good whiff of those great hamburgers they make just as your going into the gate. It's a great place to go see a ballgame. They also have a really nice press box also.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just one sided but they have a lot of seating, the stadium is 100 yards long. I always set on the top row to get a good whiff of those great hamburgers they make just as your going into the gate. It's a great place to go see a ballgame. They also have a really nice press box also.

With the scenery being that close to the mountains, I know it would have to be nice.  I just always think those one sided stadiums just look odd though.  We have a few in middle Tennessee and I never understood why.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sure looks like one end of that rainbow comes down over at Alcoa and the other side at Maryville where the Gold Football's are.

xpy0yc.jpg

There are two Rainbows Barn,the other one is showing the way to Greenback.:popcorneater:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

With the scenery being that close to the mountains, I know it would have to be nice.  I just always think those one sided stadiums just look odd though.  We have a few in middle Tennessee and I never understood why.  

Heritage is the one that has a real beautiful mountain view. The only mountain you can clearly see from here is the mountain of trash at the nearby county landfill. The one sided stadiums were very popular at one time when they were building these mega high schools  My biggest issue today are the ones with tracks and soccer fields which take you farther away from the action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Heritage is the one that has a real beautiful mountain view. The only mountain you can clearly see from here is the mountain of trash at the nearby county landfill. The one sided stadiums were very popular at one time when they were building these mega high schools  My biggest issue today are the ones with tracks and soccer fields which take you farther away from the action.

Preach!!  That is one reason why others and myself love Gallatin’s stadium.  No track and built specifically for football.  You are right on top of the players and action.  Home and away sides are large and having played on the field for over 100 years, you can feel the ghosts of players from long before talking to ya!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

William Blount and it's twin, Heritage,  are high and steep enough that you can see really well at both stadiums. I never liked the one sided stadiums. They put up few of those when "consolidation" was the thing to do in the mid to late 1970's. It's like having uninvited guests sitting in your living room. I hate it for the home team when the Rebels show up. 

 I need to make a list of trackless stadiums. 1. Gallatin, 2. Maryville, 3. Alcoa ...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...