William Blount 2019

GovForce1

14 minutes ago, BruceColetrain said:

They dont show you whats on the outside though...

Literally right outside the home side is a Historic District in Gallatin. So that comment holds zero weight....

What is around the creek bank that is so nice? Besides empty High Lifes and solo cups laying around everywhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Come by and visit! It's older than maybe any stadium in the state? (Correct me if i'm wrong) but playing on the same grounds for this many years is a special feeling. Just added these banners to the visitors side (3rd pic) and about to add the 3 state champ & 3 state runner-up banners on the home side any day now. But would sure like to eventually hang the 4th title banner up one day! 

Maryville might not be older, but it is also very old. There has been a school on the site since 1874. 

2m3mdlf.png 

35l9k6c.png 

262mvzr.png

MCSHistoricalPhotos-19.jpg

Maryville High School (same field as Maryville Polytechnic School).

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Will do. Whats the best home game atmosphere/ rival to come see you guys play?

Hendersonville would definitely be #1, Station Camp maybe #2, Beech or Mt Juliet #3.  Any of those would have a lot of fans and rivalry atmosphere.  

51 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Maryville might not be older, but it is also very old. There has been a school on the site since 1874. 

2m3mdlf.png 

35l9k6c.png 

262mvzr.png

MCSHistoricalPhotos-19.jpg

Maryville High School (same field as Maryville Polytechnic School).

I enjoy the old pictures.  Gallatin started playing football in 1916 or 1917.  There was an old private school that had a field and Gallatin Central started playing there.  The high school eventually was on site until they built the new one around 1970.  The field however, has always been in one spot.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Come by and visit! It's older than maybe any stadium in the state? (Correct me if i'm wrong) but playing on the same grounds for this many years is a special feeling. Just added these banners to the visitors side (3rd pic) and about to add the 3 state champ & 3 state runner-up banners on the home side any day now. But would sure like to eventually hang the 4th title banner up one day! 

87-C8242-Photo-By-Trent

ghsff

VSGW

ghspf

New banner is up today.