William Blount 2019

GovForce1

15 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Lets make a story up that'll help you understand.

A few years back in a far away land was a Ferrari dealership. The Sales Manager could do no wrong. Sales were off the charts. Sales ability mattered not. He was selling Ferrari's for shadsake. Things were going along swimmingly until whispers and rumors caused an audit of the company books. As Law Enforcement dialed in the Sales Manager quickly left the area. No hard feelings by the dealership and stock holders the problem was gone.

Before long the Sales Manager interviewed at a new dealership. They sold Yugo's and Daewoo's. The Manager convinced the CEO he could turn them into a powerhouse dealership in a very few years. The CEO listened as he sipped a Cupp of coffee. He knew several of the other applicants but was  mesmerized by the Ferrari salesmans promises of the future and dreamt of the glory and adulation that would come his way for making such an astute hire.

Several years have passed since that day and the results are abysmal. The CEO has painted himself into a corner by his inaction and failure to take the reins and restore order. The dealership is now the town joke and all who know the management know them as weak and ineffective as they watch their key employees leave for other dealerships.

The Sales Manager sees the writing on the wall again and wishes to use his charlatan skills to dupe another dealership but alas the word is out and he finds nobody ready to entertain him or his services.

Did that help GWAVE1?

I assume the names have been changed to protect the innocent.   I knew this story but this version was very very good.   

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Be honest with you I don't know but everytime a job opens someone finds out when he applies which should tell he isn't happy there. I'm sure he is a fine coach and I really hate it for him Blackman parted company with him because they really haven't been what they were since he has left. WB has crappy support from the very top and it would take someone special to fix the mess that others have caused. 

Didn't help matters that he publicly ripped his boss on the way out. Would be very surprised if he ever made his way back to RuCo or any other major program given that WB has been a tire fire under his watch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, Shadroach said:

Lets make a story up that'll help you understand.

A few years back in a far away land was a Ferrari dealership. The Sales Manager could do no wrong. Sales were off the charts. Sales ability mattered not. He was selling Ferrari's for shadsake. Things were going along swimmingly until whispers and rumors caused an audit of the company books. As Law Enforcement dialed in the Sales Manager quickly left the area. No hard feelings by the dealership and stock holders the problem was gone.

Before long the Sales Manager interviewed at a new dealership. They sold Yugo's and Daewoo's. The Manager convinced the CEO he could turn them into a powerhouse dealership in a very few years. The CEO listened as he sipped a Cupp of coffee. He knew several of the other applicants but was  mesmerized by the Ferrari salesmans promises of the future and dreamt of the glory and adulation that would come his way for making such an astute hire.

Several years have passed since that day and the results are abysmal. The CEO has painted himself into a corner by his inaction and failure to take the reins and restore order. The dealership is now the town joke and all who know the management know them as weak and ineffective as they watch their key employees leave for other dealerships.

The Sales Manager sees the writing on the wall again and wishes to use his charlatan skills to dupe another dealership but alas the word is out and he finds nobody ready to entertain him or his services.

Did that help GWAVE1?

Yugos and Daewoos?  

Geez.  You must be old like me to remember those.  :-o

And there are still a lot of snake oil salesmen slithering around these days.  

Edited by HTV

I was talking to a buddy of mine who played football at Rhea County. He was asking about WB's schedule this year, and I when I told him he said, "#### that's a tough schedule." WB has always had a tough schedule. In the last decade, we've played six teams that have won a state championship this decade. And I think we've played 3 teams the same year that they won a state championship during that same timeframe. How many other teams can say that? That's why I have to laugh when someone says WB runs from competition or is scared to play someone.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I was talking to a buddy of mine who played football at Rhea County. He was asking about WB's schedule this year, and I when I told him he said, "#### that's a tough schedule." WB has always had a tough schedule. In the last decade, we've played six teams that have won a state championship this decade. And I think we've played 3 teams the same year that they won a state championship during that same timeframe. How many other teams can say that? That's why I have to laugh when someone says WB runs from competition or is scared to play someone.

:roflol:There are a ton of teams that could say that.  Maybe anyone that has been in Maryville's Conference the last Decade. Are you county Maryville as one team or at least 5 times since they have 5 state championships in the past decade?  Lenoir City can say that, Knox West could say that, Catholic could say that, etc. The problem is have you been even remotely competitive in those games is the big question?  Do you have a tough conference Yes, Does bragging about being in a tough conference just to get whipped and say you don't run from competition (It's hard to run when you have to play them).  Out of conference is why people are giving you a hard time 

PS I don't think you played 3 state championship teams all in the same year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

William Blount should win half of their games this season and really should be six if they want them bad enough. Maryville, Bradley, Ooltewah and Elizabethton should be their only loses. Heritage and Sevier County should be two easy wins.  Mo West and Lenior City should be two more wins. WB beat McMinn last year so why can't they this year. Cleveland has a new coach and a great time to catch them with their pants down. 

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

:roflol:There are a ton of teams that could say that.  Maybe anyone that has been in Maryville's Conference the last Decade. Are you county Maryville as one team or at least 5 times since they have 5 state championships in the past decade?  Lenoir City can say that, Knox West could say that, Catholic could say that, etc. The problem is have you been even remotely competitive in those games is the big question?  Do you have a tough conference Yes, Does bragging about being in a tough conference just to get whipped and say you don't run from competition (It's hard to run when you have to play them).  Out of conference is why people are giving you a hard time 

PS I don't think you played 3 state championship teams all in the same year.

Maryville is one team the last time I checked. We have played two state champions in the same season this decade (Maryville and Knox West in 2014).  How many teams in the state can say that? The point is WB plays a tough schedule every year and anybody who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about that. I'm not bragging. It just baffles me that people are questioning the level of competition WB plays against. It's about as stupid as the other conferences complaining about the SEC playing one less conference game, but they arent the ones who have to play Georgia and Alabama every year.