William Blount 2019

GovForce1

1 hour ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

You guys just really hate this guy! He is in his 4th or 5th year? I wonder if any of you have tried to help, reach out, or invest in the program or just get on here and bash? I keep trying to leave this thread but it is too intriguing! I just hate it for the kids...

No one hates the guy.  Do I personally agree with some of his coaching decisions not at all.  I was part of a coaching staff that turned a Lenoir City team in 2008 that went 1-9, 2009 went 2-8, 2010 went 4-7 and put a scare in Columbia Central in the first round losing 41 to 23 with them pulling away in the 4th and winning the state championship game by 21 points,  in 2011 went 7-6 and making it to the quarter finals and winning two road games at Columbia Central, and Centennial as the 4 seed, and in my final year in 2012 went 9-3 and finished 2nd in the Conference to Maryville.  That conference included teams like Bearden, Maryville, Farragut, and Knox West.  It can be done but you can’t take weeks off and expect to get better....

Edited by Swipes

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Good luck to your Ruco i think thats where you said you were from and good luck to your old coach.

Not a coach but thx for thinking that from reading my posts,they are great guys and a tremendous staff it would be an honor.We are hijacking the thread so i will bow out of this one.

ONB, trivia question.How far is WB traveling this year to play a 4A team to avoid playing Alcoa or GB?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

"Zeller has decided to resign as coach of the Panthers after six seasons.

“I just felt it was time to step down,” said Zeller. “I really didn’t give them a reason. I just told them it was time.”

Zeller has been a head coach for 18 years. He coached Greeneville from 1999-2006 and inherited a Lenoir City program that went 0-10 in 2007.

Lenoir City finished 28-39 under Zeller "

The point of your post? I can go ahead and tell you the reason Zeller stepped down and that was to Coach and watch his 2 twin daughters play sports at Lenoir City (I would know as I personally know him one of his former players and coached underneath him).  Shad is 8- 34 in 4 years.  At WB has Shad taken a team to the Quarter Finals?  Has Shad finished 2nd in the conference? Has Shad went on the Road in a play-off game and won?  Zeller improved Lenoir City Football after taking over a team that was 1-19 the previous 2 seasons.  Shad took over a program that was in better shape than LC and hasn't done the same.  Go back to middle TN because you know nothing about East TN football and how Shad has underachieved and done things that no other coach around here would do

Edited by Swipes

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

The point of your post? I can go ahead and tell you the reason Zeller stepped down and that was to Coach and watch his 2 twin daughters play sports at Lenoir City (I would know as I personally know him one of his former players and coached underneath him).  Shad is 8- 34 in 4 years.  At WB has Shad taken a team to the Quarter Finals?  Has Shad finished 2nd in the conference? Has Shad went on the Road in a play-off game and won?  Zeller improved Lenoir City Football after taking over a team that was 1-19 the previous 2 seasons.  Shad took over a program that was in better shape than LC and hasn't done the same.  Go back to middle TN because you know nothing about East TN football and how Shad has underachieved and done things that no other coach around here would do

Zeller was a good man and coach,he went to my church briefly.LC is a hard place to coach because of the politics that go on.He was a good fit for them,wish he could have kept coaching but understand completely!

11 hours ago, Swipes said:

No one hates the guy.  Do I personally agree with some of his coaching decisions not at all.  I was part of a coaching staff that turned a Lenoir City team in 2008 that went 1-9, 2009 went 2-8, 2010 went 4-7 and put a scare in Columbia Central in the first round losing 41 to 23 with them pulling away in the 4th and winning the state championship game by 21 points,  in 2011 went 7-6 and making it to the quarter finals and winning two road games at Columbia Central, and Centennial as the 4 seed, and in my final year in 2012 went 9-3 and finished 2nd in the Conference to Maryville.  That conference included teams like Bearden, Maryville, Farragut, and Knox West.  It can be done but you can’t take weeks off and expect to get better....

I remember that Lenior City team.  I had a cousin that played on the Columbia Central team that won silver and gold.  That was a seesaw game with yall till they pulled away late.  I believe Columbia Central had Coach Belew's son at QB then.

15 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I thought you said you were bowing out of here? :ph34r:

That was a question my friend asked me.I said i was bowing out of the back and forth with our lady friend.I can never stay away from a WB thread,come on and Who are you anyway???:bored:

Edited by orngnblk

42 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I remember that Lenior City team.  I had a cousin that played on the Columbia Central team that won silver and gold.  That was a seesaw game with yall till they pulled away late.  I believe Columbia Central had Coach Belew's son at QB then.

You would be correct.  They also had Shaq Mason who was a beast on both the O and Dline and starts for the NE Patriots now.  He was definitely someone we tried to run away from :lol: 

10 hours ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

Who would schedule Alcoa, that's dumb. I'm kinda pissed we did! 

WB schedules Alcoa in all the other sports. A dad of a WB player was complaining that his sons teammates didnt want to or know how to compete. He implied that several of his sons teammates had faked injuries so they wpuldnt have to play in the Maryville game. I tild him you can't get mad at the kids when the adults are running from competition from a smaller school in their own county.

These kids all know each other, they all use Twitter, etc. Kids know what the adults are doing.

• Like 1