Central at Cordova - Round 1, 6A

kwc

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I like Central in this game. Bad draw for Cordova. I think it will be a low scoring affair with Central coming out on top 19-13.

You are right! We have shown to be weak, at times, defensively where they are strong offensively. They run to the ball well on defense but will give up the big play, especially in the passing game because they commit so many bodies to the run. It is going to be interesting to see if they can keep up with our offense which has improved drastically since we played Houston. If we play good run defense, this could be a very good day for us. I know they will have to score more than 19 points to beat us.

This is a game I went back and forth over when selecting it in BGIM. I eventually went with Cordova ... home field advantage and all. That Central team is tough on the run ans they play the pass well. I'm intriguied by this game.

What do you guys think the over/under will be?

1 hour ago, PackOfWolves said:

You are right! We have shown to be weak, at times, defensively where they are strong offensively. They run to the ball well on defense but will give up the big play, especially in the passing game because they commit so many bodies to the run. It is going to be interesting to see if they can keep up with our offense which has improved drastically since we played Houston. If we play good run defense, this could be a very good day for us. I know they will have to score more than 19 points to beat us.

Good luck to yall. It's time to make that run.

17 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Thanks... I have only seen Central play and those points you guys have given up to Pearl-Cohn the last few years always scares me. But I'm sure that is a matchup thing.  Central cannot throw the ball much at all, but I really like their size. Just a matter of time before they put it together. 

Hey, you see what happened to us last year. So, I don't think we will take them lightly. As for our defense, it depends on which team decides to show up. Some games we looked very good against the run, but other games, TERRIBLE! I think this is one of the better match-ups in the first round. Good entertaining game.

40 minutes ago, PackOfWolves said:

Hey, you see what happened to us last year. So, I don't think we will take them lightly. As for our defense, it depends on which team decides to show up. Some games we looked very good against the run, but other games, TERRIBLE! I think this is one of the better match-ups in the first round. Good entertaining game.

I think it will be a good game as well. Both have veteran coaches who are both in their 1st year as the HC at their respective school. I hadn't thought about that fact until just now as I was typing this post. It doesn't really matter at this stage of the season because both men have established themselves with their teams by now. Still, it is an interesting point of fact.

So fellas ... are we talking a bunch of points scored or low scoring game? I think a low scoring game favors Central. A high scoring game favors Cordova.

1 hour ago, kwc said:

So fellas ... are we talking a bunch of points scored or low scoring game? I think a low scoring game favors Central. A high scoring game favors Cordova.

kwc, I believe you are correct with your assessment. A low scoring game does favor Central. When Cordova scores 21 points or more, it will favor Cordova. I have a sneaky suspicion that special teams will come in to play in this game. Playoffs