Head Coaching Vacancies

10 hours ago, Trollin said:

And where was Scott’s Hill after he left? At home with a mediocre record. And it will continue to be that way for y’all too. Until another good coach comes in. Then they will leave too. It’s the never ending cycle. Money talks. Support talks. Good facilities talk. If any program wants to maintain a good coach they have to do things to keep him and not allow him to leave. Small town USA football will be stepping stones for coaches because nobody wants to stay. School board and administrators gotta be willing to do things to keep good coaches. Other programs have done it, you see where they are. You see their coaches staying. You see their facilities growing, and you see them winning. Y’all can be complacent with a good run every 10 years, but us who really care are not satisfied. Don’t believe me, just watch 

Scotts Hill has facilities now that weren't even in discussion before Stroup, because he built a program, not just a winning team. We only had a team for four years before he came, and there was serious discussion about whether to continue the program because of low numbers. In the four years that Coach Stroup was there, we built a new fieldhouse with coach's offices and weightroom, bathrooms, new bleachers, press box, practice field, and two concession stands, along with cementing the fact that Scotts Hill was/is a football school and community. Hiring a coach is a gamble and I won't go into that further, but we hired another one today, and if he is what I BELIEVE that he is, he'll do for our program what Stroup did...if he leaves for a "better" job at some point, I'll gladly be back on here congratulating him, and telling the coachT readers how thankful that I am for what he contributed while he was here too.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Trollin said:

Who knows. I didn’t expect him to leave because of his family, but he will choose football. I expect him to go somewhere bigger where he has some filter schools to bring in more kids. I don’t really see him choosing Westview, but who knows. Brighton is available, his old school. I’d expect him to go to a 4A 5A school with the hope of having more athletes than little ole Waverly.

Here is the truth about Waverly. The only ppl that care about sports in Waverly are the players, their families, and sport alumni. The administration doesn’t care. The school board doesn’t care. Everybody was excited about the program. They did well under McConnell. Granted probably the 3 most athletic football players in school history played the last 4 years.

That’s over. McConnell will leave. And Waverly will go back to being mediocre. Unless! They bring in Randal Boldin from Whitwell who is playing in the State Championship tomorrow in his second year as a head coach. Boldin is a former Waverly Tiger and I think he would be the best fit. He will be a great coach who actually cares about the program and has deep roots here. He won’t be trying to leave... ever. Any other coach that comes in will be here as a stepping stone for their career, just like McConnell 

Knock??? You tell me.

11 hours ago, Trollin said:

Was anything anyone said a knock on McConnell? Nope didn’t think so

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Scotts Hill has facilities now that weren't even in discussion before Stroup, because he built a program, not just a winning team. We only had a team for four years before he came, and there was serious discussion about whether to continue the program because of low numbers. In the four years that Coach Stroup was there, we built a new fieldhouse with coach's offices and weightroom, bathrooms, new bleachers, press box, practice field, and two concession stands, along with cementing the fact that Scotts Hill was/is a football school and community. Hiring a coach is a gamble and I won't go into that further, but we hired another one today, and if he is what I BELIEVE that he is, he'll do for our program what Stroup did...if he leaves for a "better" job at some point, I'll gladly be back on here congratulating him, and telling the coachT readers how thankful that I am for what he contributed while he was here too.

The new hire is a great coach and an even better man. Great hire for you all!! 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

The field house was built, but the interior wasn’t all the way complete. A lot of interior finishing touches had to be completed. Plumbing, lights, concrete pads for lockers. Offices. Equipment storage. McConnell added field turf for the interior and an entire new weight room.  I’m not sure how many fundraisers. I’m pretty sure your right with 2. I know they do a strawberry sale and a lift a thon. As far as salary goes I know head coach gets a certain percentage for being head coach and all assistants get a smaller percentage of salary. It’s very small compared to other schools I’ve heard of.  As far as QB goes I have no idea. There is a freshman who will be a sophomore next year, Brooks. He will be a decent player, I’m not sure he will be ready for the starting job next year. Definitely no Gavin Stanfield. If you are who I think you are, aren’t you in a private system in the Nashville area. 

Public......through & through

10 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

I personally Know that trader is talking more than wins and losses. I have Seen what that community does for there program and athletes. Small town get get caught up in wins and losses when the bigger picture is how are the kids growing and being affected. Case in point is this year for Scott’s Hill. They had a bad situation but the foundation laid by Stroup allowed the community and administration to rally around those boys and program and salvage a good season. Plus the kids will walk a little taller going through the adversity. So to Trader, me and many more that is a win. So to me a school is only a stepping stone if the people look at it that way. Just my opinion. And that doesn’t add up to much

Good to know that at least some folks "get it"... thanks for the nod guys.

9 hours ago, sum1uno said:

That is biggest win of all. Giving confidence and making the boys feel proud of their community is better than a gold ball

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Knock??? You tell me.

Well first of all I am a Waverly lifelong resident and Waverly football alumni who deeply cares and is passionate about this program. I have been a part of this epic roller coaster for over 20 years. I have supported this program over and over in every way possible. Literally. I have seen coaches come and go. I have watched this program suffer and watch as the school system gave nothing. So excuse me for being salty as h e l l when I have watched our program blossom and grow like I have never seen before the past 5 years under McConnell. So if you want to call me “knocking” him if he leaves, for whatever reason then knock knock knock. If he were to leave then I blame the school system. This is a thread that I have the free range to say whatever it is I want. And I feel as if he leaves then he doesn’t care enough about the program to stay and that he is using this as a stepping stone for his career. Which if that’s what he wants to do then that is his choice. I will be bitter. And am being bitter. And I could care less what you think of my opinion. You worry about your own school. I respected your posts in the past. But these I do not. If you and Scott’s Hill are ok with flopping coaches every few years and having years where you are down right terrible then ok. You guys have had one good run in football as a school. If your ok with that then good for you. But as for me, I will not he satisfied until we are consistently good like we have been for the past 5 years. I feel like if McConnell leaves all that will go away. I think the school system could do some things to keep him. If he leaves I think the school system could do something’s to replace him and find a good coach and keep him. Your input is talking about growing men in the program and teaching them life lessons and all that. Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what all coaches are supposed to do, and do do. I’m talking about the entirety of a good football program. I believe things could be better. And if you want to give me a hard time for being passionate about our program, and me being frustrated because we might lose McConnell then just keep bringing it. Because my opinion won’t change. Notice on this thread Waverly folk agree with me. They know. The feeling is mutual. So if you don’t have anything positive to say about what I have to say, then just keep your nose in Scott’s Hill. 

• Like 1