Head Coaching Vacancies

17 hours ago, Trollin said:

It’s obvious your a big wig in Scott’s Hill. I’m assuming school board member or just one in the good OL boys club “politics of the small town” I’m assuming it’s a family tree your in. Similar to Waverly and their good OL boy antics. My frustration is not at McConnell himself. I respect him and I know his intentions are to grow his resume and become a big time coach. Just wish it would be here in Waverly. My frustration is at the entire school system. For many reasons, but mostly because I don’t believe they are doing enough for high school sports. The school system could care less if they don’t win a game as long as their son or other family member is a coach, teacher, administrator. Lord knows in this town their jobs should have been lost many times for many reasons. But the good ol boy club sweeps it under the rug. All I’m asking is that our school system do more for our sports teams. Because they don’t do enough. If McConnell leaves, he will leave with his name in the history books at Waverly. He will be sorely missed. And I’m assuming that when he goes it will be back to the old Waverly.

I am sure there are coaches that want to come in and be great.  Waverly May now be a destination job for great, hard working coaches who want the small town community feel.  Some great coaches may not desire the big time 6A or elite private jobs.  The key to Waverly from this point on is not necessarily the coaching.......it is if McConnell and his staff developed their younger kids to be able to compete.  In other words, hopefully McConnell didn’t throw all his eggs in one Basket with the 2-3 great skill kids he has had the last 3-4 years.  With that being said, I am assuming McConnell had a solid JV program as well.  It is critical that the young kids have chances to improve under the lights, not just scout teaming for current starters.  

19 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

So who is the coach for Scott’s Hill?

somebody let the cat out if the bag lol

It was not hard to find out. Just needed to make one call. Congrats on the Hill. So happy for your community. But I agree With Trader. This is not the forum for the reveal until they have Told their people first. And respect that out of them and it means big things for the Lions. 

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I don’t know what a snatched beard is but is worse than the tyner coaches see through neck beard ? 

Its something of an inside joke among the SP Pirate posters and Jasper posters (Maryann County).  Go hear and scroll down to Marion Madness' post. 

On 12/1/2018 at 1:36 PM, ocac said:

I am sure there are coaches that want to come in and be great.  Waverly May now be a destination job for great, hard working coaches who want the small town community feel.  Some great coaches may not desire the big time 6A or elite private jobs.  The key to Waverly from this point on is not necessarily the coaching.......it is if McConnell and his staff developed their younger kids to be able to compete.  In other words, hopefully McConnell didn’t throw all his eggs in one Basket with the 2-3 great skill kids he has had the last 3-4 years.  With that being said, I am assuming McConnell had a solid JV program as well.  It is critical that the young kids have chances to improve under the lights, not just scout teaming for current starters.  

To me that has been a problem with McConnell he has had a lot more skilled kid not developed or for that part used. 2016 Carson short, 2017 Brier Johnson probably why he didn't play this year 2018 #8-#10-#32. I promise there's more waverly has alot more athletes than are being shown we had several more linemen that should have been used more in blowout game. First two years he was here starters played the whole time no matter score. Lot of good kids could have got valuable playing time not just padding numbers 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tiger77dad said:

To me that has been a problem with McConnell he has had a lot more skilled kid not developed or for that part used. 2016 Carson short, 2017 Brier Johnson probably why he didn't play this year 2018 #8-#10-#32. I promise there's more waverly has alot more athletes than are being shown we had several more linemen that should have been used more in blowout game. First two years he was here starters played the whole time no matter score. Lot of good kids could have got valuable playing time not just padding numbers 

That can be a problem moving forward