Head Coaching Vacancies

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Sounds like a cliche'... we hired the MAN first, and the coach second. You undoubtedly know him better than I, but what I do know, you couldn't find a better person to mold kids into men. Our Principal told me " I need him in our school, whether he is the football coach or not". That pretty much sums it up.

OH, by the way... we take trade in's on Scotts Hill gear, and A'ville red will get you a BIG discount...lol!!!

Edit...

In case people don't know

Rennard Woodmore was hired Friday morning, but announced today. Couldn't be happier!

This is a great hire for u guys. I'm not happy at all about it lol

Brian Pence Resigns at East Hickman replaced by.....

Ken Johnson Resigns at Cumberland County replaced by.....

AIvin Palmer Retires at Fayetteville replaced by.....

John Mullinax Retired at Tellico Plains replaced by.....

Ethan Edmiston Resigns at Sweetwater replaced by MIKE MARTIN

Interim Kevin Orr-Rodriguez to be replaced at Boyd Buchanan by.....

Thomas McPhail resigned at Hunters Lane replaced by.....

Jerry Lowery has Resigns at White County replaced by MARK FRAZIER

Trey Cantrell has resigned at Westview replaced by.....

Lorenzo Barnes has resigned at Hillcrest replaced by.....

Vic Wharton's tenure as Interim at Carter is over replaced by.....

Mike Dickerson has resigned at Smith County replaced by.....

Glen Ryan has resigned at Walker Valley replaced by.....

Kris Frady's tenure as Interim at Bledsoe County is over replaced by.....

Jeff Robertson's tenure as Interim at Scott's Hill is over replaced by RENNARD WOODMORE

Vernon Wright resigns at Clarksville Northwest replaced by NEIL FURNISH

Scott Tillman resigns at Lipscomb Academy replaced by.....

Sam Henderson's tenure as Interim at Melrose is over replaced by.....

Rockvale High School will open in 2019 and there first Head Football Coach is.....

Robin Jacobs Resigns at Brighton replaced by.....

Mark Taylor is out at Jellico replaced by.....

Mark Williams resigns at Gallatin replaced by.....

Tim Haney resigns at Bartlett replaced by.....

Mike Head resigns at Antioch replaced by.....

On 12/1/2018 at 1:36 PM, ocac said:

I am sure there are coaches that want to come in and be great.  Waverly May now be a destination job for great, hard working coaches who want the small town community feel.  Some great coaches may not desire the big time 6A or elite private jobs.  The key to Waverly from this point on is not necessarily the coaching.......it is if McConnell and his staff developed their younger kids to be able to compete.  In other words, hopefully McConnell didn’t throw all his eggs in one Basket with the 2-3 great skill kids he has had the last 3-4 years.  With that being said, I am assuming McConnell had a solid JV program as well.  It is critical that the young kids have chances to improve under the lights, not just scout teaming for current starters.  

McConnell has done a great job at turning th Waverly program around. The only problem is that the style offense he runs creates superstars and mr football finalists.  It doesn’t bring home the gold.   Teams and coaches that bring home gold are just that.  TEAMS!    And as far as leaving leaving th starters in during blowouts is only about individual stats!  I hope we don’t lose coach Mc. I think now that our superstars are gone he will focus more on a complete team and bring home th gold

1 hour ago, Lacesout said:

McConnell has done a great job at turning th Waverly program around. The only problem is that the style offense he runs creates superstars and mr football finalists.  It doesn’t bring home the gold.   Teams and coaches that bring home gold are just that.  TEAMS!    And as far as leaving leaving th starters in during blowouts is only about individual stats!  I hope we don’t lose coach Mc. I think now that our superstars are gone he will focus more on a complete team and bring home th gold

McConnell is a good coach lot of great qualities but he is young and still learning. There was alot that went on this year lot of toes stepped on. To me that is football. I want the best for All these kids and I expect it. This is a team sport and I know Mc wants the best for them and he has been fitting and up hill battle he just needs to know a lot of people are trying to help him off the field more than he knows with the outside stuff. Seams like most get butt hurt overy individual stuff we need to pull together for the team. NO ONE CAN DO IT ALONE.

• Like 3

I went to a playoff game this year in Waverly.  What I am about to say really has noting to do with the great people of Waverly.  Thru my lucky life as a coach/teacher/AD, I have seen Waverly up close and personal for over 20 years, in all sports and education in general.  I know some great educators in Humphreys County.  But...........I witnessed some harsh coach bashing in the stands.  I know it comes with the territory, but I could not get over the fact of where Waverly was for a LONG time and where they are now, yet the bashing was unreal.  This was during a dismantling of a very good 11-1 team.  I know it was probably from a group of people who do not have a clue, but that does not need to happen.  It is not good for the kids involved. Again, I know it goes on in every high school stadium, every Friday night, & every team in the country, but...............

2 hours ago, ocac said:

I went to a playoff game this year in Waverly.  What I am about to say really has noting to do with the great people of Waverly.  Thru my lucky life as a coach/teacher/AD, I have seen Waverly up close and personal for over 20 years, in all sports and education in general.  I know some great educators in Humphreys County.  But...........I witnessed some harsh coach bashing in the stands.  I know it comes with the territory, but I could not get over the fact of where Waverly was for a LONG time and where they are now, yet the bashing was unreal.  This was during a dismantling of a very good 11-1 team.  I know it was probably from a group of people who do not have a clue, but that does not need to happen.  It is not good for the kids involved. Again, I know it goes on in every high school stadium, every Friday night, & every team in the country, but...............

Seems to be happening more and more in HS sports. The freedom to outwardly disagree with every decision made is becoming more and more acceptable. Most of the negative comments are very uninformed statements and the reason that I don't set in the stands.

52 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Seems to be happening more and more in HS sports. The freedom to outwardly disagree with every decision made is becoming more and more acceptable. Most of the negative comments are very uninformed statements and the reason that I don't set in the stands.

I come from a place back in the day where they were asked to leave the stadium or gym & some were denied to come back for a calendar year.  

21 hours ago, Lacesout said:

I’m just an outsider looking in and I have no dog in this fight.  You guys not winning gold had nothing to do with his style of offense or coaching.  It had everything to do with the defense and special teams not being good enough to win gold. It has to fall just right. You have to have a bit of luck along with offense defense and special teams. 

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I’m just an outsider looking in and I have no dog in this fight.  You guys not winning gold had nothing to do with his style of offense or coaching.  It had everything to do with the defense and special teams not being good enough to win gold. It has to fall just right. You have to have a bit of luck along with offense defense and special teams. 

Exactly. Could not have said it better