Head Coaching Vacancies

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Who do you think will get the job?

I honestly have no idea. I know of a local coach who would be a homerun hire for Cleveland. But I also know that there is a pretty impressive list of candidates. Hal Lamb from Calhoun, Antonio Bradford from TSU, and Marty Wheeler from Covington just to name a few. I think it's going to come down to whether or not they want to hire a big-time name or not.

On 1/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, Super8Dad said:

I agree with you about these boys being hungry to prove they haven't lost a step. I honestly thought McConnell would stay at least through this year because we have the peices to get it done if they are managed correctly.  I know every one is worried about losing our three super stars, but in my opinion, I think them being gone, it might actually make us better, because instead of everything being focused around those three individuals, now we have to function as a complete team where it's gone take everyone doing there part for us to be successful. I think with everyone being a lot more heavily involved, it might just be what we need to get over that hump. This is not to take anything away from those 3, because they definitely earned what they got and I love all 3 of them dearly! I just feel there where several others that wasn't utilized more, that could have made big contributions as well, that's all.

Let me make it clear for you, respectfully, No way Waverly is as good without the 3 headed monster.  No way to replace 3 Mr. Football candidates at the 2A level and be as good.  What everyone should focus on is what does Waverly have following them up?  What level are the 8th graders coming over?  7th graders?  Does McCloud from the Middle School have a chance at this job?

42 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

I honestly have no idea. I know of a local coach who would be a homerun hire for Cleveland. But I also know that there is a pretty impressive list of candidates. Hal Lamb from Calhoun, Antonio Bradford from TSU, and Marty Wheeler from Covington just to name a few. I think it's going to come down to whether or not they want to hire a big-time name or not.

That’s an impressive list of candidates. 

44 minutes ago, ocac said:

Let me make it clear for you, respectfully, No way Waverly is as good without the 3 headed monster.  No way to replace 3 Mr. Football candidates at the 2A level and be as good.  What everyone should focus on is what does Waverly have following them up?  What level are the 8th graders coming over?  7th graders?  Does McCloud from the Middle School have a chance at this job?

I understand what I said may sound preposterous and make me look like I don't know anything about football,  but that's from the outside looking in. I'm not saying we are going to be blowing people out of the water and winning games by 30 and and 40 and points as we have the last few years, putting up 50 60 points a game, no not at all! What I do believe we will see is us grinding it out on offense and holding our own on defense. I think we will the scores will be much closer this year, with Waverly pulling off the hard fought victories. There was a ton of talent on the team that wasn't fully utilized because so much of what we did was built around the 3 headed monster, that's all. I think this senior class coming up is going to really shine and surprise a lot of people is all I'm saying. Like I said in another post, I'm not saying they are getting a gold ball or anything, but I do believe they will do a lot better than everyone expects because we lost the 3. The upcoming 8th graders are a great group of kids, they've been undefeated the last two years, and as far as McCould is concerned, I'm not an insider so I can't speak on it, but I am friends with him personally, and he's always given me the impression that he doesn't really want the job. I think he likes where he's at, but that's just my opinion, never heard him say either way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Read where East Robertson’s head coach resigned to take DC job at Galatin.

I believe East Robertson will have a QB in 2019 who has started the 2016, 2017, and 2018 seasons.  They’ll also have a receiver/defensive back who was an All State player as a freshman in 2018.  It will be an attractive job because they have players and they have adequate facilities as well.  Coach Chatman would be a great man to work for also.  You couldn’t meet a more “down to earth” human being.  

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I believe East Robertson will have a QB in 2019 who has started the 2016, 2017, and 2018 seasons.  They’ll also have a receiver/defensive back who was an All State player as a freshman in 2018.  It will be an attractive job because they have players and they have adequate facilities as well.  Coach Chatman would be a great man to work for also.  You couldn’t meet a more “down to earth” human being.  

I do not doubt any of what you are saying is true, but it makes  you wonder why their previous coach resigned for a coordinator role? Though I do understand  it is in a higher classification. 

Is this not a lateral move for the previous coach?? More money maybe???

Edited by H2Oman

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I do not doubt any of what you are saying is true, but it makes  you wonder why their previous coach resigned for a coordinator role? Though I do understand  it is in a higher classification. 

Is this not a lateral move for the previous coach?? More money maybe???

You have to ask a couple of questions, what is the ceiling for east robertson? Sure they have a couple great players but are they region champion material? probably not, will going to Gallatin(for sure more money) and being the DC and helping turn Gallatin around in 3-5 yrs maybe make a run deep in the playoffs, and then you get a 5A/6A job making even more money, And as a coach you want to do what’s best for your career and I believe he thinks he did that by taking the DC job at Gallatin.

• Like 1

School -     (Out)       IN    Updated

Antioch - (Mike Head) - ?                  
Bartlett - (Tim Haney) - Lance Tucker
Bledsoe County - (Kris Frady) - Dewayne Tabor
Bolton - (Brandon Usery) - ?
Boyd Buchanan - (Kevin Orr Rodriguez) - Jeremy Boskin
Brighton - (Robin Jacobs) - Mike David
Carter - (Vic Wharton) - Scott Meadows
Clarkville Northeast - (Chad Watson) - ?
Clarksville Northwest - (Vernon Wright) - Neil Furnish
Cleveland - (Scott Cummings) - ?
Collierville - (Mike O'Neill) - ? 
CumberlandCo - (Kevin Johnson) - Eric Belew
East Hamilton - (Ted Gatewood) - ?
East Hickman - (Brian Pence) -?
East Robertson -(Chad Broadrick) - ?
Fayetteville - (Alvin Palmer) - Kenny Morson
Gallatin - (Mark Williams) - Chad Watson
Greeneville - (Caine Ballard) - ?
Hamilton - (Cedrick Wilson) - ?
Hillcrest - (Lorenzo Barnes) - ?
Hillwood - (Kurt Page) - ?
Hunters Lane - (Thomas McPhail) - Preston Scott
Jellico - (Johnny Massengale) - Brent Peel
John Overton - (Steve Williams) - ?
Knox Halls - (Jeremy Boskin) - Scott Cummings
Lipscomb Academy - (Scott Tillman) - Trent Dilfer
Lookout Valley - (David Dinger) - Josh Payne
Melrose - (Sam Henderson) - Cedrick Wilson
Northpoint Christian - (Chris Cascio) - ?
NorthvIew Academy - (Todd Loveday) - Heath Woods
Rockvale - (New) - Rick Rice
Perry County - (Billy Sawyer) - ?
Polk County - (Derrick Davis) - ?
Scotts Hill - (Jeff Robertson) - Rennard Woodmore
Smith County - (Mike Dickerson) - Scott Murray
St Benedict - (John Cooley) - Will Hudgins
Stewarts Creek - (David Martin) -Bert Brown
Stratford - (Thomas Porter) -Thomas Porter
Sweetwater - (Ethan Edmiston) - Mike Martin
Tellico Plains - (John Mullinax) - ?
Trousdale County - (Brad Waggoner) - ?