Head Coaching Vacancies

5 hours ago, Tiger77dad said:

To me that has been a problem with McConnell he has had a lot more skilled kid not developed or for that part used. 2016 Carson short, 2017 Brier Johnson probably why he didn't play this year 2018 #8-#10-#32. I promise there's more waverly has alot more athletes than are being shown we had several more linemen that should have been used more in blowout game. First two years he was here starters played the whole time no matter score. Lot of good kids could have got valuable playing time not just padding numbers 

Eagleville does the same thing...continue to play starters with a 20-30 point lead in the 4th and then maybe sub a few the last 2-3-4 minutes. Younger and or less experienced players won't improve standing on the sidelines and they deserve to get some time here and there. And besides getting them experience, why risk leaving a starter out there with a big lead to possibly get hurt?  You'll need em next week, so when it's beyond obvious who's going to win, get em out! 

15 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

Eagleville does the same thing...continue to play starters with a 20-30 point lead in the 4th and then maybe sub a few the last 2-3-4 minutes. Younger and or less experienced players won't improve standing on the sidelines and they deserve to get some time here and there. And besides getting them experience, why risk leaving a starter out there with a big lead to possibly get hurt?  You'll need em next week, so when it's beyond obvious who's going to win, get em out! 

Agree. This is high school you are always building and not just as a player but a young man. The faster these First year players learn they can compete the slower this game will get for them and I believe they will learn all of life faster 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 1:39 AM, tradertwo said:

Believe me, I feel your pain if your coach leaves... I was sick when Coach Stroup left. You obviously care for your school and community like few do these days and I applaud that, but as I had to learn, it's football to the fans, but life decisions for the coach. If someone calls you, your son or daughter, or anyone you care for, and offers an easier job at much better pay, what would you advise them to do?

You are right, I'm school board... I am also Scotts Hill to the bone. My mother, Father, three siblings, two children, and hopefully three grandchildren (so far) will be proud graduates of Scotts Hill High.  I am definitely not good ol' boy system, I'm school board because I love my school and community, but that doesn't make me (or anyone else in that role) a big wig, and you'd laugh at yourself for getting that impression if you knew me. Our program has been in existence for only ten years, and I'd like nothing better than to attain the success that Waverly has had for a while, for the coach to stay until retirement, and build a tradition like Trousdale, South Pitt, Maryville, Alcoa, ect… that's what we're working toward, just like you are. I hope that there's no hard feelings for my words, they were intended as advice from someone who genuinely has felt the same pain as you recently. We will be fine with our new coach, and if McConnell does leave, Waverly will be fine with whomever they select to hire... success is a two way street, and our communities contributed to our programs just as the coaches did. If I came off as "high and mighty" (lol at myself), or looking down my nose at you, I apologize sincerely... it was not my intent.

Trader are you out in Jackson tonight brother. 

45 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

Totally agree!

3 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Ok brother I think I saw Your twin tonight. Have a great week. Again great hire. Looking for good things out the Lions. 

Wasn't Stroup, was it? one of the ref's we both know told us individually last week we look like brothers... both of us cursed him, lol!

Edit...

I am excited about our new coach and his accomplice... he's actually the hire I personally wanted last time around ( us big wigs don't always get what we want...lol! ), but water under the bridge. Had some other really attractive applications, including one originally from West Tn. who is currently on staff at Southern Methodist (SMU). I believe that Tha' Hill will be back to being a tough out sooner than later. Best to you and yours!

Edited by tradertwo

On 12/1/2018 at 9:59 AM, tradertwo said:

Sorry, but it was requested that it not be made public until Monday (officially) . The man we hired has the character to meet with his team(s) first, and I suspect with his current administration and supporters beforehand. In a perfect world, you want to let them hear it directly from you first. In the world we live in, it's out there already if you ask around.

I’ve known for awile that he was going to take the position if offered! The selfish me was hoping he would stay here because we know what a great person he is outside of being an outstanding coach! The me that knows he has to what is best for him & his family couldn’t be any more proud for him! He deserves this opportunity and the kids will be the biggest benefactors of it! If there is anyone that can motivate guys to get out of the hallway and on the football field, it is him! Congratulations on getting the right man for the job Trader!! I’ll be following you guys even closer now that my friend is the coach!! 

7 minutes ago, utvol2 said:

I’ve known for awile that he was going to take the position if offered! The selfish me was hoping he would stay here because we know what a great person he is outside of being an outstanding coach! The me that knows he has to what is best for him & his family couldn’t be any more proud for him! He deserves this opportunity and the kids will be the biggest benefactors of it! If there is anyone that can motivate guys to get out of the hallway and on the football field, it is him! Congratulations on getting the right man for the job Trader!! I’ll be following you guys even closer now that my friend is the coach!! 

Sounds like a cliche'... we hired the MAN first, and the coach second. You undoubtedly know him better than I, but what I do know, you couldn't find a better person to mold kids into men. Our Principal told me " I need him in our school, whether he is the football coach or not". That pretty much sums it up.

OH, by the way... we take trade in's on Scotts Hill gear, and A'ville red will get you a BIG discount...lol!!!

Edit...

In case people don't know

Rennard Woodmore was hired Friday morning, but announced today. Couldn't be happier!

Edited by tradertwo

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Sounds like a cliche'... we hired the MAN first, and the coach second. You undoubtedly know him better than I, but what I do know, you couldn't find a better person to mold kids into men. Our Principal told me " I need him in our school, whether he is the football coach or not". That pretty much sums it up.

OH, by the way... we take trade in's on Scotts Hill gear, and A'ville red will get you a BIG discount...lol!!!

Edit...

In case people don't know

Rennard Woodmore was hired Friday morning, but announced today. Couldn't be happier!

Ha! I’ll never give up that Cardinal Red but I will be cheering for you guys unless we are the opponent! Lol