Head Coaching Vacancies

18 hours ago, Trollin said:

No. Cornersville hasn’t won state.

Im talking about Randall Boldin, Whitwell Head Coach. He is a Waverly Football alumni and is young, motivated, and a great football mind. Boldin went 11-2 his first year as a head coach in 2017 and in 2018 he went 15-0 and won State. If I was Waverly that’s who I’d be trying to hire....

My bad, it was the guy from Whitwell that somebody mentioned had been contacted. Sounds like a good guy and  a great coach. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MCLMM said:

There would be a revolt.  He wasn’t good here before.  No way. McEwen people want him gone but school politics prevent that from happening. We will get another up and comer like McConnell or a successful hometown person.  We will get someone to spark our program and not the same ole. We need a finisher that will finish what matt started.  These boys are hungry and will prove that this team hasn’t lost a thing. 

I agree with you about these boys being hungry to prove they haven't lost a step. I honestly thought McConnell would stay at least through this year because we have the peices to get it done if they are managed correctly.  I know every one is worried about losing our three super stars, but in my opinion, I think them being gone, it might actually make us better, because instead of everything being focused around those three individuals, now we have to function as a complete team where it's gone take everyone doing there part for us to be successful. I think with everyone being a lot more heavily involved, it might just be what we need to get over that hump. This is not to take anything away from those 3, because they definitely earned what they got and I love all 3 of them dearly! I just feel there where several others that wasn't utilized more, that could have made big contributions as well, that's all.

10 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

I agree with you about these boys being hungry to prove they haven't lost a step. I honestly thought McConnell would stay at least through this year because we have the peices to get it done if they are managed correctly.  I know every one is worried about losing our three super stars, but in my opinion, I think them being gone, it might actually make us better, because instead of everything being focused around those three individuals, now we have to function as a complete team where it's gone take everyone doing there part for us to be successful. I think with everyone being a lot more heavily involved, it might just be what we need to get over that hump. This is not to take anything away from those 3, because they definitely earned what they got and I love all 3 of them dearly! I just feel there where several others that wasn't utilized more, that could have made big contributions as well, that's all.

I might buy into that logic if we were talking about Blackman or some other large school.   For a 1A/2A team to have 3 Mr. Football caliber players in one season is impressive!   To say you get better when those 3 move on is a stretch in my opinion.   We shall see.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

17 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I might buy into that logic if we were talking about Blackman or some other large school.   For a 1A/2A team to have 3 Mr. Football caliber players in one season is impressive!   To say you get better when those 3 move on is a stretch in my opinion.   We shall see.

I know it's a bold statement, but this is one where only time will tell, lol.

Update. 

School -     (Out)       IN    Updated

Antioch - (Mike Head) - ?                  
Bartlett - (Tim Haney) - ?
Bledsoe County - (Kris Frady) - Dewayne Tabor
Bolton - (Brandon Usery) - ?
Boyd Buchanan - (Kevin Orr Rodriguez) - Jeremy Boskin
Brighton - (Robin Jacobs) - Mike David
Carter - (Vic Wharton) - Scott Meadows
Clarkville Northeast - (Chad Watson) - ?
Clarksville Northwest - (Vernon Wright) - Neil Furnish
Cleveland - (Scott Cummings) - ?
Collierville - (Mike O'Neill) - ? 
CumberlandCo - (Kevin Johnson) - Eric Belew
East Hamilton - (Ted Gatewood) - ?
East Hickman - (Brian Pence) -?
East Robertson -(Chad Broadrick) - ?
Fayetteville - (Alvin Palmer) - Kenny Morson
Gallatin - (Mark Williams) - Chad Watson
Greeneville - (Caine Ballard) - ?
Hamilton - (Cedrick Wilson) - ?
Hillcrest - (Lorenzo Barnes) - ?
Hillwood - (Kurt Page) - ?
Hunters Lane - (Thomas McPhail) - Preston Scott
Jellico - (Johnny Massengale) - Brent Peel
John Overton - (Steve Williams) - ?
Knox Halls - (Jeremy Boskin) - Scott Cummings
Lipscomb Academy - (Scott Tillman) - ?
Lookout Valley - (David Dinger) - Josh Payne
Melrose - (Sam Henderson) - Cedrick Wilson
Northpoint Christian - (Chris Cascio) - ?
NorthvIew Academy - (Todd Loveday) - Heath Woods
Rockvale - (New) - Rick Rice
Perry County - (Billy Sawyer) - ?
Polk County - (Derrick Davis) - ?
Scotts Hill - (Jeff Robertson) - Rennard Woodmore
Smith County - (Mike Dickerson) - Scott Murray
St Benedict - (John Cooley) - Will Hudgins
Stewarts Creek - (David Martin) - ?
Stratford - (Thomas Porter) -Thomas Porter
Sweetwater - (Ethan Edmiston) - Mike Martin
Tellico Plains - (John Mullinax) - ?
Trousdale County - (Brad Waggoner) - ?
Walker Valley - (Glen Ryan) - Drew Akins
Waverly - (Matt McConnell) - ?
Wayne County - (Rick Rice) - ?
Westview - (Trey Cantrell) - Matt McConnell
White County - (Jerry Lowery) - Mark Frazier
White House - (Jeff Porter) - Ryan Hamilton

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:35 PM, MarsBlackmon said:

Has anyone in the Chattanooga area heard anything on the Cleveland job? Names, interest, applicants, etc??? 

I heard they formed a committee to look into candidates, but nothing else... 

I honestly expected Derrick Davis to be called up for that job, with the talent Cleveland has/could get he'd really thrive there IMO.

I've heard rumors in the county his name has been tied to Sweetwater, I'm assuming assistant coach since they already have a new head coach.

Edited by beardog

9 minutes ago, beardog said:

I honestly expected Derrick Davis to be called up for that job, with the talent Cleveland has/could get he'd really thrive there IMO.

I've heard rumors in the county his name has been tied to Sweetwater, I'm assuming assistant coach since they already have a new head coach.

Nah I’ve heard about 6 names who are being considered at Cleveland, and DD isn’t one of them. There are many scenarios that could take place over the next few weeks, but if Cleveland doesn’t hire someone from this area, then, yes, I’d say he will be calling defense at Sweetwater. 

1 hour ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Nah I’ve heard about 6 names who are being considered at Cleveland, and DD isn’t one of them. There are many scenarios that could take place over the next few weeks, but if Cleveland doesn’t hire someone from this area, then, yes, I’d say he will be calling defense at Sweetwater. 

Who do you think will get the job?