Head Coaching Vacancies

17 minutes ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Brian Pence Resigns at East Hickman replaced by.....

I will try to keep a running list of coaches that retire/resign/are fired.

I can remember all the bashing the Coach before Pence took over was taking on CoachT.  I can't remember his name and I don't want to take the time to research it.  I will just say, East Hickman would probably love to have him back right now.  lol

Brian Pence Resigns at East Hickman replaced by.....

Ken Johnson Resigns at Cumberland County replaced by.....

AIvin Palmer Retires at Fayetteville replaced by.....

John Mullinax Retired at Tellico Plains replaced by.....

Ethan Edmiston Resigns at Sweetwater replaced by.....

Edited by BigStickDiplomacy

I am hope their is a change at Morristown East, 5 years of avg. win total of 3-4 games a year and being 0-5 against your crosstown team Morristown West should warrant a head coaching change. East has over 1600 students and Coaches Wells is luck to have 50 players come out. Our schools best athletes  will not play for him. He didn't win at Campbell Co. and now we know he cannot win at East.

Edited by EASTFAN

11 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

I am hope their is a change at Morristown East, 5 years of avg. win total of 3-4 games a year and being 0-5 against your crosstown team Morristown West should warrant a head coaching change. East has over 1600 students and Coaches Wells is luck to have 50 players come out. Our schools best athletes  will not play for him. He didn't win at Campbell Co. and now we know he cannot win at East.

I know I have no control over the content of the posts that follow, however I would like to keep this an informative post not a discussion of who should or should not lose their jobs. 

• Like 1

How many of these head coaching vacancies are due to kids not wanting to work hard and the parents supporting the kids and not the coaching staff?  Winning in football is hard work (not as difficult as wrestling) and demands a major time commitment & work ethic from both the kids and coaching staff.  What I have found is that it's difficult to change the culture of a losing program to a state championship caliber team.  Major change will not happen over night and few kids and parents want "LITTLE JOHNNY" to be required to workout, run and watch film from 7:00am-11:00am Monday-Friday during the offseason.  They have a tendency to complain when "LITTLE JOHNNY" is required to lift and run at 8:30am-10:00am on Saturday morning after a game on Friday.  Not judging but just saying!

Edited by cbg

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

How many of these head coaching vacancies are due to kids not wanting to work hard and the parents supporting the kids?

parents unhappy about their kids playing time and complaining to admin is probably the biggest reason for coaching changes.  Unlike Alcoa, Maryville, Greenback most schools are stuck with what happens to come through.  When you have a couple of good athletic classes back to back you have a chance otherwise you struggle to win a few.  It doesn't matter who the coach or coaches are.