3A PICKEM CONTEST

CHARGERFAN

Gerry Bertier has always had a #3A pick 'em contest. I don"t see it this year, so I'm going to start one since it's already Monday of the week of the first round games. I shamelessly copied the following from Gerry's 2017 contest. I had a lot of fun with this last year, so let's do it. 

Per Gerry: So here is how it works. You pick every playoff game all the way through the championship game. For the championship game list a final score in case of tiebreakers.

Each round you get more points than the previous. Think March Madness brackets. Remember you must list all winners through the Championship Game. Submissions will cut off at 5 eastern time on Friday. Hope to have a record number of entries this year.

Round 1- 1 pt

Round 2- 2 pt

Quarterfinals- 4 pts

Semifinals- 8 pts.

Championship- 16 pts.

I'll start it  off"

Round #1

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Austin East

Unicoi

Alcoa

Red Bank

Sequatchie

York Institute

Upperman

Pearl Cohn

Camden

East Nashville

Fairview

Covington

McMairy

Milan

South Gibson County

Round #2

Austin East

Alcoa

Red Bank

Upperman

PC

East Nashville

Covington

Milan

Quarterfinals

Alcoa

Upperman

PC

Covington

Semifinals

Alcoa

Covington

Championship

Covington

Final score

Covington 28

Alcoa 24

Listen I agree that Alcoa is going to win it all again this year, but lets not forget and act like Covington did not have the ball with a chance to tie the game with about 10 minutes left in last years championship. Alcoa is the better team without a doubt, and is a heavy favorite, but they 100% did not steam roll Covington last year. Covington may or may not make it back to the title game this year, but either way I don't think Alcoa is going to beat them much worse than last year if they do. 

1 hour ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Listen I agree that Alcoa is going to win it all again this year, but lets not forget and act like Covington did not have the ball with a chance to tie the game with about 10 minutes left in last years championship. Alcoa is the better team without a doubt, and is a heavy favorite, but they 100% did not steam roll Covington last year. Covington may or may not make it back to the title game this year, but either way I don't think Alcoa is going to beat them much worse than last year if they do. 

“LAST YEAR”.....And the Alcoa D didnt give up 28 either. No problem with picking your team. Just use a little common sense when predicting the score. Geez. :thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant