District 4 AA predictions

Springbrookrat

District 4 AA is always a district that produces good teams. Should be very competitive this year. Fulton should be the favorite with Alcoa or Austin East battling for second. Fulton has 3 all state players coming back and have added a very good shooter to the team. They will be one of the favorites in AA this year. Alcoa is still a very young team but has 3 pretty good seniors to man the ship. They will be very dangerous come tournament time. Austin East always has good players and athletes across the board.  Kingston should be a little better this year. They have two sophomore guards that will be good players the next few years. 

1. Fulton

2. Alcoa/A-E

4. Kingston

5. Scott County

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

District 4 AA is always a district that produces good teams. Should be very competitive this year. Fulton should be the favorite with Alcoa or Austin East battling for second. Fulton has 3 all state players coming back and have added a very good shooter to the team. They will be one of the favorites in AA this year. Alcoa is still a very young team but has 3 pretty good seniors to man the ship. They will be very dangerous come tournament time. Austin East always has good players and athletes across the board.  Kingston should be a little better this year. They have two sophomore guards that will be good players the next few years. 

1. Fulton

2. Alcoa/A-E

4. Kingston

5. Scott County

With Harris transferring, I would probably put AE ahead of Alcoa. 

7 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

With Harris transferring, I would probably put AE ahead of Alcoa. 

A lot of people will feel the same way as you, These kids have already heard how they can’t make it back to Murfreesboro without Duante.  I personally think that with the kids we have coming back we should be more than fine. I’m not sure you know our personnel this year. We did add a couple of players that didn’t play last year ( let’s just say a big piece to the puzzle) .The sophomore class has a chance to be really good. I guess we will see here in a few months.

12 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

A lot of people will feel the same way as you, These kids have already heard how they can’t make it back to Murfreesboro without Duante.  I personally think that with the kids we have coming back we should be more than fine. I’m not sure you know our personnel this year. We did add a couple of players that didn’t play last year ( let’s just say a big piece to the puzzle) .The sophomore class has a chance to be really good. I guess we will see here in a few months.

I saw A-E this summer at Maryville College and they were very talented.  My opinion on CoachT means very little and they still have to lace up the high tops and go play the games. Alcoa usually has some of the best talent in the area. Good luck to the Tornadoes this year.

7 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

I saw A-E this summer at Maryville College and they were very talented.  My opinion on CoachT means very little and they still have to lace up the high tops and go play the games. Alcoa usually has some of the best talent in the area. Good luck to the Tornadoes this year.

QSouth89,  I have seen you post on here for several years. I respect your basketball IQ of the local teams and comments you bring to the table. I’m really not sure where we will finish but like to be positive and optimistic. Lol! 

13 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

QSouth89,  I have seen you post on here for several years. I respect your basketball IQ of the local teams and comments you bring to the table. I’m really not sure where we will finish but like to be positive and optimistic. Lol! 

I appreciate the comment.  Alcoa will be fine this year. A team is more than one player and with the tradition of Alcoa basketball they will be competitive and if teams are overlooking them they will pay the cost.  I was told that Catholic is scrimmaging Alcoa next week, if I can get off work I'll try to get over there and watch it.

6 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

I appreciate the comment.  Alcoa will be fine this year. A team is more than one player and with the tradition of Alcoa basketball they will be competitive and if teams are overlooking them they will pay the cost.  I was told that Catholic is scrimmaging Alcoa next week, if I can get off work I'll try to get over there and watch it.

Yes we will have a scrimmage with Catholic on Wednesday. Hopefully we can keep it competitive. We have 3 kids that play football that will contribute a lot this year plus a 6’5 kid running track until the end of next week. Starting 5 is fine but depth wise could be suspect. I’ll be there so if you make it let me know. 

5 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Catholic defeats Alcoa in a scrimmage 70-55. Alcoa shoots the three ball very well but lack of size and rebounding hurt the Tornadoes versus the Irish. 

Yes Catholic took it to us today. Big man for Catholic is very explosive. He alone makes Catholic a threat this year. Catholic also went 6-8 from the 3 point line in the first half. Catholic could push Maryville for second in their district if they shot it like that. Alcoa on the other hand has a lot of work to do. Missed a lot of open shots early and defensively just didn’t get after it. Long season so no need to panick on the first scrimmage. 

3 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Yes Catholic took it to us today. Big man for Catholic is very explosive. He alone makes Catholic a threat this year. Catholic also went 6-8 from the 3 point line in the first half. Catholic could push Maryville for second in their district if they shot it like that. Alcoa on the other hand has a lot of work to do. Missed a lot of open shots early and defensively just didn’t get after it. Long season so no need to panick on the first scrimmage. 

I was told Alcoa were missing some players in football. Once they get their whole team together they will be fine.  The one advantage Maryville has is experience. Catholic started two freshman last night and will be counting on another to contribute. The Irish center hasn’t played in a varsity game since his freshman year. The main thing is to be playing well in February not November. Good luck to Alcoa this year.

Edited by QSouth89