2018 D2-AA Bracketology

Booger

2018 D2-AA Gold Ball Champion  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 D2-AA State Gold Ball

11 hours ago, Rabble Rouser said:

Just saw the records of the teams in the AA bracket....No disrespect at any team, but gross. This is what we've become?

Hard to look at overall records in some cases - for example 5-5 Knox Webb can’t get most area Knoxville schools to play them, so they have to play McCallie & Ensworth & Ashvllle, NC. They lost by 7 to Notre Dame who many think will make the State Championship game. 

I don’t think teams coming in 4th or 5th in their Region should be in the playoffs, but looking at records alone is sometimes deceiving. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

You thinking CAK or CCS in 1st round, or CPA over Iced Tea in semis? I'm pretty sure you're not thinking GCA....LOL

Not so sure CPA over Lausanne in the semis would “shock the world”.  Before Patterson unfortunately got hurt last year, that’s the match up I was really looking forward to (no offense Boog). Obviously both have had great seasons thus far. Hopefully we’ll get to see it this year. Could see either Webb or FRA making a deep run though which might qualify as a shock. 

6 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Not so sure CPA over Lausanne in the semis would “shock the world”.  Before Patterson unfortunately got hurt last year, that’s the match up I was really looking forward to (no offense Boog). Obviously both have had great seasons thus far. Hopefully we’ll get to see it this year. Could see either Webb or FRA making a deep run though which might qualify as a shock. 

I completely agree. CPA is LOADED! It just seems everyone on here, except BT and Boog gives nobody else a shot v Iced Tea.

FRA or Webb over ND could be shockers, I guess. I wouldn't consider either one shockers to get to Cookeville. I don't think a "shocker" would be anyone seeded #1 or #2 beating anyone, except Iced Tea. Therefore, ECS could shock the world, I guess. Didn't they beat Webb in Week 1?

I'm guessing Chainsaw's "shocker" must be a #3 (FRA) getting past ND, or a #4, 5, 6 (CAK over ND?:popcorneater:) pulling off a major "shocker" in a 1st or 2nd round game. C'mon Massacre Man.....give us a little insight into your picks.

8 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Zero chance for CAK. If the Webb running back is hurt & Ellison can play the entire game, CCS has a slight chance. 

Completely agree on both of these. Just haven't heard the status of Superman. For his sake, I hope he's healthy. Mondo should be rested and 100% for their matchup. That'd be a good one to go see.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:13 AM, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Sooooooo......there must be a typo? :mrgreen: 

.....good eyeball there PrayWhileURaseThem...let Booger give this another shot...

Round 1

Luzianne

ECS

CPA

St George

ND

FRA

BGA

Webb

Quarterfinals

Luzianne

CPA

ND

BGA

Semifinals

Luzianne

ND

Booger just sayin tumblr_inline_p8jhhpPiNJ1v6o4w0_540.gif

8 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Hard to look at overall records in some cases - for example 5-5 Knox Webb can’t get most area Knoxville schools to play them, so they have to play McCallie & Ensworth & Ashvllle, NC. They lost by 7 to Notre Dame who many think will make the State Championship game. 

I don’t think teams coming in 4th or 5th in their Region should be in the playoffs, but looking at records alone is sometimes deceiving. 

dont u for once think that Haslams School of Knoxville not bein able to get MOST knoxville schools to play them has an ounce of truth in it......quit believin everything u read of Spartys.....there r plenty takers for Haslams Pilot Petroleum......Booger nose stuff

Booger just sayin :roll:

7 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

no offense takin...but id u think that kid makes a 23 pt difference in that game....call the local popo....a rocker is missin

.....them presbyterians got caught layin back on those heels and that high dollar staff couldnt adjust to what was bein chunked at them.....kinda like what happen to the irish in Cookeville....that and the fact we were completely out mand

.....and if the Irish r defeated anytime after this week it ant no shocker.....just a dissapointment

Booger just sayin grandpa-and-child-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by Booger

32 minutes ago, Booger said:

.....good eyeball there PrayWhileURaseThem...let Booger give this another shot...

Round 1

Luzianne

ECS

CPA

St George

ND

FRA

BGA

Webb

Quarterfinals

Luzianne

CPA

ND

BGA

Semifinals

Luzianne

ND

Booger just sayin tumblr_inline_p8jhhpPiNJ1v6o4w0_540.gif

Well, ya know......I do sit and study all your stuff! Still think there might be a typo in there, but I'll consider it a lapse in judgement and call it a day. Anybody can pick chalk..... :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Well, ya know......I do sit and study all your stuff! Still think there might be a typo in there, but I'll consider it a lapse in judgement and call it a day. Anybody can pick chalk..... :mrgreen:

Booger serious pullin for u viper ranglin Baptist to eliminate one of those Nashville teams......but this years track record been god awful and disapointin...so since Booger is a realist and gisted without any optomistic visons.....got go with brain over heart and pick against u

Booger just sayin :thumb:

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Completely agree on both of these. Just haven't heard the status of Superman. For his sake, I hope he's healthy. Mondo should be rested and 100% for their matchup. That'd be a good one to go see.

I've been to every CCS game the past 4 years, and I really don't think CCS has a shot even with a 100% team.  CCS beats up on the little guys without as many athletes, but falls on their face when playing a well coached team with equal talent.  They can hang for a little while, but when they have to make adjustments...forget about it.  If CCS is down by 2 scores, they can't catch up due to their offense (watch the QB run to the sideline after every down to get the play, then run back in to run the next).  The Grace game was an  embarrassment.  The coaches make the players watch film, but I'm not sure they watch any themselves (that goes for most of the games).  Fant at ND does a great job with in game adjustments, and the Grace OC has a fun offense that most kids would love to play in.  CCS is as predictable as a 2 headed quarter.

CCS has good players, but they are out of position.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Booger said:

Booger serious pullin for u viper ranglin Baptist to eliminate one of those Nashville teams......but this years track record been god awful and disapointin...so since Booger is a realist and gisted without any optomistic visons.....got go with brain over heart and pick against u

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Thanks Booger. I'd be rooting for us too, if I were you. Y'all handled us pretty good the first go-around. All you can go with is what you've seen, and that wasn't worth much that night. That performance was the culmination of two weeks worth of elephant dung piles of football, on the field and off. We've cleaned up the stall a tad since then.

Believe it or not, I'm pulling for the Irish in week 1 also. I know that's completely stupid for week 2 competitive reasons, but heart is heart, and we Rams just can't root for those frat boys in west Knox, minus one coach my son still loves.

Now, for the predictions....might be a lil different than everyone else, but what the heck:

1st Round:

Iced Tea

ECS

CPA

St G

ND

GCA

BGA

Webb

Quarters:

Iced Tea

CPA

GCA (no, I'm not drinking....we're absolutely NOT kicking to #3 again!)

BGA

Semis:

CPA

GCA (Momma Praizem might've slipped a lil nip into my coffee.... :) ) 

Cookeville:

You said we could use our heart, right???? The BreadTruck is gonna get turned around on its way to Cookeville, and end up somewhere near Tellico Plains banjo country about game time. The RAMS are gonna SHOCK THE WORLD!!!! Ain't that right Massacre Man? :mrgreen: 

Now......back to week 1! Reality is.....we've got a huge challenge in stopping FRA and their big dogs on their home turf.

• Like 1