Preseason Rankings

WrestlingGod

So Hamm's first set of rankings are out. Lets use this thread to tell him all of his mistakes. Leave the other threads to talking about how Cleveland will beat everybody this year and this one will be specifically where the kids who are on this list really should be.

Also, feel free to every five or six comments slip in a "Well if you don't like them then feel free to do your own rankings." and "They are just his opinion." and the always popular, "These aren't official or anything."

The rankings can be found HERE

Edited by WrestlingGod
  • Like 1

Not going to argue any on the list, looks pretty good for a pre-season poll but looks like several not listed at the actual weights they will wrestle. So will be some shuffling , drops and additions going forward. 

Should be a great season!!!!! 

Edited by Daysareshortnightsarelong

Looks like a good assessment with the exception of 145. Lundy dominated Fields at an event in Johnson City a few weeks ago. The score didn't reflect the beat down he put on Fields. To Hamm's defense, Lundy didn't wrestle last season and he might of not known that Lundy vs. Fields went down. Lundy is hungry for the state title. He's worked his tale off this summer. Gonna have to put my money on Lundy. 

• Thanks 1

I agree on Lundy too. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t win it all this year. The other weight I see different is 132. Isbell beat Dezember this offseason and won the Georgia Super 32 qualifier. Isbell and Whiteside were both in the same bracket at the qualifier and Isbell beat the kid that beat Whiteside on the way to his championship. 

With all that said I think Hamm did a great job for preseason rankings. Everything will shake itself out as the season gets going and we see what weights the wrestlers actually end up at. 

Edited by hawks11

13 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Braden Ivy goes to Morristown West HS, not Knox West HS. I'd put Ivy at #2 in this poll at 106 but that's just me.

Also I see no way Linderman will make 220 again this year, if he does then he's where he should be in the rankings. 

Well if you don't like them then feel free to do your own rankings. They are just his opinion. These aren't official or anything.

3 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

Well if you don't like them then feel free to do your own rankings. They are just his opinion. These aren't official or anything.

I'll leave that to Hamm, I'm busy myself with the MS rankings as is. I don't get bent out of shape on rankings though, they're all just opinions until the end of the year.