Coach Mullinax retires from Tellico Plains High School

catchnburn

Best of luck to Coach Mullinax in retirement!  Was a privilege to watch him coach the last few years when Tyner and Tellico Plains have been in the same region.  Thought a few times while watching him coach against Wayne Turner's Rams about how many lives those two legends have impacted through the years.  Well done Coach Mullinax, you have made a difference!

I live in Bradley County but sent my sons to McMinn County primarily to play for Coach John Mullinax in the late 80's and early 90's.  Coaches like John don't come along often, and I considered it a privilege for my sons to be coached my him.  He chewed their butts often, but they would have ran through a brick wall for him.  John cared more about how his players turned out in life, regardless of their success on the gridiron.  John's wife, Joy was the perfect coach's wife, always by his side supporting him, and taking care of many of the players' needs.   My youngest son is 45 and still close to John & Joy, and their sons.  

John, you're leaving a legacy of excellence as a coach and man that all coaches should emulate.  I hope Joy and you enjoy your retirement! 

Coach Mullinax has impacted a lot of players, parents and coaches over the years. Most of these men have grown into some excellent role models as a result of his leadership. Congratulations Coach and it has been a joy to admire your success from a distance. I really do hope he is able to read some of these comments. Would be nice to see former players/coaches chime in on this thread!