Old CoachT Posters. Where are they now?

TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, CoachT said:

I'm still here, too...obviously.

Thank you for that. I'm sure that you've had opportunities to profit from this site that would've changed the experience for the "regulars". I hope that you've figured out a means for this little creation of yours to make you financially secure, because you've provided a pastime for me that has paid many dividends. I've met some great folks in person that I might've just walked past without coachT, or never saw at all… I've also become sort of "familiar" with programs and their traditions from farther away than would have been possible, and had the avenue to follow players and their career's that would have prior just been "legends" by word of mouth. 

Thanks again... JC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Thank you for that. I'm sure that you've had opportunities to profit from this site that would've changed the experience for the "regulars". I hope that you've figured out a means for this little creation of yours to make you financially secure, because you've provided a pastime for me that has paid many dividends. I've met some great folks in person that I might've just walked past without coachT, or never saw at all… I've also become sort of "familiar" with programs and their traditions from farther away than would have been possible, and had the avenue to follow players and their career's that would have prior just been "legends" by word of mouth. 

Thanks again... JC.

Financially I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I do not know what I would have done with my time the last three years. They have been rough and this literally makes me get up in the morning, as it has for 22 years, but means a little more to me now. And, we are all still here. :)

I doubt Coach has made much money off of this site over the years, but it's clear that the site is a labor of love. As someone entering retirement myself, I can testify to the importance of having something you enjoy doing.

I would encourage everybody who enjoys using the site to consider becoming a Plus member. With the new format, there is no set price for an annual membership and no minimum. Everyone can pay whatever they can afford and deem to be appropriate. As for me, I am paying more under the new format, because I am lucky enough to be able to afford it, and I have derived a great deal of joy over the years posting on the boards.

Plus member information and sign-up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MountainTroll said:

I doubt Coach has made much money off of this site over the years, but it's clear that the site is a labor of love. As someone entering retirement myself, I can testify to the importance of having something you enjoy doing.

I would encourage everybody who enjoys using the site to consider becoming a Plus member. With the new format, there is no set price for an annual membership and no minimum. Everyone can pay whatever they can afford and deem to be appropriate. As for me, I am paying more under the new format, because I am lucky enough to be able to afford it, and I have derived a great deal of joy over the years posting on the boards.

Plus member information and sign-up

Just sent in a donation, congrats to your mountain runners!

• Like 1