Old CoachT Posters. Where are they now?

TheAmbassador

On 12/6/2022 at 6:59 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Nah… that’s no big deal. I’ve literally had someone on here threaten to kill me, my kids and my family. They went smooth off the deep end. 

BPM. . What could you have possibly said that would cause someone to threaten all that. Or was it a long standing feud. I’m just intrigued. Apparently CT was a lot more like the Wild West years ago. We’ve gotten soft and too PC as a society in my opinion. You can’t express or share your true feelings about something or someone without worrying about hurting someone’s feelings. We’ve apparently forgotten about “sticks and stones”. Anyone can impulsively react to “words”. It takes a bigger man to consider the source and either laugh it off or tactfully respond without threatening violence. Or in your case death. Was this a common occurrence for you or other posters back in the day? I’ve heard of people getting kicked off the site too. Are people still getting kicked off to your knowledge?

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

BPM. . What could you have possibly said that would cause someone to threaten all that. Or was it a long standing feud. I’m just intrigued. Apparently CT was a lot more like the Wild West years ago. We’ve gotten soft and too PC as a society in my opinion. You can’t express or share your true feelings about something or someone without worrying about hurting someone’s feelings. We’ve apparently forgotten about “sticks and stones”. Anyone can impulsively react to “words”. It takes a bigger man to consider the source and either laugh it off or tactfully respond without threatening violence. Or in your case death. Was this a common occurrence for you or other posters back in the day? I’ve heard of people getting kicked off the site too. Are people still getting kicked off to your knowledge?

I have heckled the Huntingdung posters over the years. I don’t think it’s any secret that I don’t care for the Stanks very much. I have gone back and forth with them over the years and it has gotten very heated at times. One night last season one of them went off the deep end. I admit I can push people’s button at times and have made some people very mad at times but never have threaten people like that. This particular poster did have his account suspended for a period of time. When they came back on I just ignore them and don’t respond. But they were full of hot air anyway. I made it know where I am every Friday night and my exact location in the stadium and the fact that I wear a shirt that says “BIGPURPLEMACHINE”. They have never come. Big talk from a nobody. 

3 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Oh it used to get real in here!The threads with GCA from Knox when they were cheating used to be epic.Had the HC call other HCs wanting names of posters.This is a fact.People at games walking up wanting to fight.KING up at Cloudland was threatened more than once. We used to have some real fires in here.Alot of us have changed names thru the years so our own fans woukdnt know who we were. Lol

18 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Oh it used to get real in here!The threads with GCA from Knox when they were cheating used to be epic.Had the HC call other HCs wanting names of posters.This is a fact.People at games walking up wanting to fight.KING up at Cloudland was threatened more than once. We used to have some real fires in here.Alot of us have changed names thru the years so our own fans woukdnt know who we were. Lol

I have always operated under my current screen name.  However, your post reminds me of a passage from my favorite poet.

So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Nobody threatens The King and lives to tell it. There’s way too many places to hide a body up there in Roan Mtn.